E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

This stupid car again !

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2011, 07:29 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had my car parked in my driveway come out and found some coolant on the floor this is 2 days after I had to top it off b/c the tank was damn near empty and never noticed any coolant leaking before that. Seems like its leaking from the front of the engine b/c there was coolant on the middle of the dynamic drive/stabilizer bar. Is it possible to OVERfill coolant?? I've replaced upper and lower hoses as well as the sensor. What kinda of leak could be coming from this area of the car??? Anyone... ??
Old 03-27-2011, 07:32 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 04' 545i, Sport Package, Black, Active Xenon, ARS, Aux Input '10 Tahoe, Black on Black, leather, Nav/XM, 20" tires, full body kit, power 2nd row, loaded '93 Jeep Wrangler, lifted 4.5", 33" meats, Rampage Recovery Bumper w/Tire Swing, etc 25' Aquasport Osprey, Center Console,2012 200 HO Etec

Check the pump? I think the water pump has a weep hole... how about the t-stat? Were all the hoses replaced? Are they all tight? Double check the connections...
Old 03-27-2011, 07:34 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by jaycal3
Check the pump? I think the water pump has a weep hole... how about the t-stat? Were all the hoses replaced? Are they all tight? Double check the connections...
Just changed my water pump and t-stat when I replaced my pulley. Whats a "weep hole" ?
Old 03-27-2011, 07:39 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 04' 545i, Sport Package, Black, Active Xenon, ARS, Aux Input '10 Tahoe, Black on Black, leather, Nav/XM, 20" tires, full body kit, power 2nd row, loaded '93 Jeep Wrangler, lifted 4.5", 33" meats, Rampage Recovery Bumper w/Tire Swing, etc 25' Aquasport Osprey, Center Console,2012 200 HO Etec

There is a small hole on the water pump and when it begins to fail the coolant will usually leak from the weep hole. Probably on the underside of the pump and may be hidden by the pulley.
Old 03-27-2011, 07:40 PM
Senior Members

There is a small hole on the water pump and when it begins to fail the coolant will usually leak from the weep hole. Probably on the underside of the pump and may be hidden by the pulley.
I really dnt think its that I JUST had it replaced abt 2 months ago, not even it was Super Bowl weekend. Could it fail so soon ?
Old 03-27-2011, 07:42 PM
Senior Members

It was a suggestion for a starting point of inspection... Could it so soon? Yes... is it probable? No... I have a Jeep and had 2 faulty NAPA water pumps in a row... almost lost my mind! Possible just not probable.
Old 03-27-2011, 07:46 PM
Senior Members

It was a suggestion for a starting point of inspection... Could it so soon? Yes... is it probable? No... I have a Jeep and had 2 faulty NAPA water pumps in a row... almost lost my mind! Possible just not probable.
What abt this ??? "The problem is a seal on a pipe that is routed from the lower timing cover, behind the water pump, to the rear wall of the engine in the center valley is leaking..."
Old 03-27-2011, 07:48 PM
Senior Members

Also* the car was cold, when I checked the expansion tank it was still full there was a decent amount of coolant on the floor
Old 03-27-2011, 07:49 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Isaiah_Charles
What abt this ??? "The problem is a seal on a pipe that is routed from the lower timing cover, behind the water pump, to the rear wall of the engine in the center valley is leaking..."
You lost me... good luck bro. Try to get a good look at it from underneath somehow - mirror or by removing the shield under the car.
Old 03-27-2011, 07:49 PM
Senior Members

You lost me... good luck bro. Try to get a good look at it from underneath somehow - mirror or by removing the shield under the car.
lol sorry but i took that from another website and added the quotes

Quick Reply: This stupid car again !