E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

stopped by cops for loud exhaust...then arrested!

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2013, 04:55 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stopped by cops for loud exhaust...then arrested!

Friday night I got stopped by the cops at about 10:30 pm for my exhaust being to loud and being able to be heard farther than 150 feet! (driving under an elevated train!) can you say echo?

They were going to let me go but apparently I had a warrant for my arrest for driving with a suspended license in 2011 which I went to court for and was dismissed in Oct of 2012. I payed a bunch of fines for my insurance lapse and got my license back with no restrictions in Nov of 2012. Apparently they said I didnt show up to court which I did!. I was so pissed!

So I get arrested with my valid drivers license,reg,and ins.

As Im sitting in the cop car another set of cops come to drive my car to the precinct and park it there. The cop starts the car and the officer by the door is smiling and nodding up and down, loving the exhaust!

So we head to the precinct, Im in handcuffs and Im talkng about the situation...;the cop in the passenger seat says "not to change the subject but where did you get your coat its off the hook" Im like wtf? Hes an italian looking guy! I tell him I bought it like 7 years ago.Btw its a shearling pretty different from anything you see people wearing.....

So the cop is apologizing saying he just wanted to run the license and was gonna let me go but once the warrant came up ha had to take me in! get to the police station and another cop comes in saying to me "man thats a nice car.....where do you work? How can I get a nice car like that?" I tell him where I work and he compliments me on the car again! Now Im getting pissed because if you like me and my car so much let me the fuck go!..........

Anyway I spent 27 hours in jail sleeping on the dirty floor sittting on wooden seats and hurting my back from it, sleept like 5 hours all the while getting compliments on my coat from a bunch of older guys and 20 year olds arrested for suspended licenses and bags of weed! SMFH

Yhe judge dismissed the exhaust complaint and I have to pay a $155 fine for not showing up to court which I did if I wanted to fight it I would have had to spend 15 days in jail instead of pleading guilty and paying the fine!

Anyway I hate jail been there 2 times before and it sucks because time goes so slow and because its extremely uncomfortable!
Old 02-24-2013, 05:54 PM
Members

Sorry to hear that bro, where in New York? Was it in the City? If it's in Manhattan, I know for sure they will nail you....Remember it's the end of the months and those cops will stop you for anything just to score and summons as much as they can.
Hopefully, you got you're car in one piece and not missing anything.
Old 02-24-2013, 06:23 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW 530I
Model Year: 530i

Originally Posted by 545IblupasdU
Friday night I got stopped by the cops at about 10:30 pm for my exhaust being to loud and being able to be heard farther than 150 feet! (driving under an elevated train!) can you say echo?

They were going to let me go but apparently I had a warrant for my arrest for driving with a suspended license in 2011 which I went to court for and was dismissed in Oct of 2012. I payed a bunch of fines for my insurance lapse and got my license back with no restrictions in Nov of 2012. Apparently they said I didnt show up to court which I did!. I was so pissed!

So I get arrested with my valid drivers license,reg,and ins.

As Im sitting in the cop car another set of cops come to drive my car to the precinct and park it there. The cop starts the car and the officer by the door is smiling and nodding up and down, loving the exhaust!

So we head to the precinct, Im in handcuffs and Im talkng about the situation...;the cop in the passenger seat says "not to change the subject but where did you get your coat its off the hook" Im like wtf? Hes an italian looking guy! I tell him I bought it like 7 years ago.Btw its a shearling pretty different from anything you see people wearing.....

So the cop is apologizing saying he just wanted to run the license and was gonna let me go but once the warrant came up ha had to take me in! get to the police station and another cop comes in saying to me "man thats a nice car.....where do you work? How can I get a nice car like that?" I tell him where I work and he compliments me on the car again! Now Im getting pissed because if you like me and my car so much let me the fuck go!..........

Anyway I spent 27 hours in jail sleeping on the dirty floor sittting on wooden seats and hurting my back from it, sleept like 5 hours all the while getting compliments on my coat from a bunch of older guys and 20 year olds arrested for suspended licenses and bags of weed! SMFH

Yhe judge dismissed the exhaust complaint and I have to pay a $155 fine for not showing up to court which I did if I wanted to fight it I would have had to spend 15 days in jail instead of pleading guilty and paying the fine!

Anyway I hate jail been there 2 times before and it sucks because time goes so slow and because its extremely uncomfortable!
Ouch, sorry to hear about your horrible recent experience in jail. Keep the receipt of your payment in the glove compartment in case if in happens again. Better yet, follow up in a few days or weeks later to make sure all releases of fines are cleared up.

Now that everything is back to normal, can you please post pics of the coat, the car and video of the sound clip of your exhaust?
Old 02-24-2013, 06:33 PM
Members

My Ride: '09 e60 n54 white/black

haha I want to see the coat too, please!
Old 02-24-2013, 06:59 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Giowizzy
Sorry to hear that bro, where in New York? Was it in the City? If it's in Manhattan, I know for sure they will nail you....Remember it's the end of the months and those cops will stop you for anything just to score and summons as much as they can.
Hopefully, you got you're car in one piece and not missing anything.
Yea car is fine and Im cool it happened in Queens S Ozone Park

Originally Posted by E60I
Ouch, sorry to hear about your horrible recent experience in jail. Keep the receipt of your payment in the glove compartment in case if in happens again. Better yet, follow up in a few days or weeks later to make sure all releases of fines are cleared up.

Now that everything is back to normal, can you please post pics of the coat, the car and video of the sound clip of your exhaust?
heres a video its just standard RPI exhaust

Originally Posted by rob2388
haha I want to see the coat too, please!
Ill post a pic of the coat! Its just a Dark gray shearling with the fur on the front and back! Its just a really warm coat!

front Name:  IMG_20130224_230307_323.jpg
Views: 105
Size:  41.7 KB
back Name:  IMG_20130224_230644_978.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  33.8 KB

Last edited by 545IblupasdU; 02-24-2013 at 07:32 PM.
Old 02-24-2013, 08:26 PM
Members

Sux man! I feel your pain. I have had the pleasure of owning quite a few nice vehicles from G35, M3, to big lifted trucks and a nice boat and it doesn't help when I look 18 years old LOL. I've heard too many douchebag cop comments from, Who's car is this, What do you do, Where you from, How can you afford this, Is this a real m3, It looks like a 318 to me, Why are your windows tinted, Oh you paid your registration online, we'll see about that, Who won the race, Anything that is not factory on your car is illegal.

I've been harassed so many times it's not even funny. One time I was picking my dad up from the airport and pulled up along the curb in my M3 when a cop stopped to question me. My father was standing there the entire time and decided to watch everything and not interrupt. The officer asked me for license and registration as usual and asked who's name is on the registration. My name, I answered. He then asked who's car it was. It's my car, I answered. My dad had heard enough and decided to intervene and started to shout at the officer and repeated, It's his name, it's his car, and I'm his father, and I don't appreciate you pointing your gun at my son. The officer stated that my vehicle seemed suspicious because I had driven around the terminal multiple times. Funny how we're not allowed to park curbside at the airport and are forced to go around multiple times, but it's suspicious activity at the same time.

I didn't realize that his partner was standing behind the vehicle with his gun out the entire time. To this day, I wish I had gotten those officers names to file a complaint. Some of these guys take things way too far.

But luckily....I've never had to spend any time in jail. Knock on wood!
Old 02-24-2013, 09:18 PM
H F
New Members

My Ride: 2005 545

Nice Jacket... Pimp Daddy.... lol.. Juust kidding...
Hey,,,, lucky ur not in California .. they impound your car here, when they arrest you.... And bone u hard to get it out of impound.. 300 bucks just for one day !!
Old 02-24-2013, 09:55 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by SoCal530
Sux man! I feel your pain. I have had the pleasure of owning quite a few nice vehicles from G35, M3, to big lifted trucks and a nice boat and it doesn't help when I look 18 years old LOL. I've heard too many douchebag cop comments from, Who's car is this, What do you do, Where you from, How can you afford this, Is this a real m3, It looks like a 318 to me, Why are your windows tinted, Oh you paid your registration online, we'll see about that, Who won the race, Anything that is not factory on your car is illegal.

I've been harassed so many times it's not even funny. One time I was picking my dad up from the airport and pulled up along the curb in my M3 when a cop stopped to question me. My father was standing there the entire time and decided to watch everything and not interrupt. The officer asked me for license and registration as usual and asked who's name is on the registration. My name, I answered. He then asked who's car it was. It's my car, I answered. My dad had heard enough and decided to intervene and started to shout at the officer and repeated, It's his name, it's his car, and I'm his father, and I don't appreciate you pointing your gun at my son. The officer stated that my vehicle seemed suspicious because I had driven around the terminal multiple times. Funny how we're not allowed to park curbside at the airport and are forced to go around multiple times, but it's suspicious activity at the same time.

I didn't realize that his partner was standing behind the vehicle with his gun out the entire time. To this day, I wish I had gotten those officers names to file a complaint. Some of these guys take things way too far.

But luckily....I've never had to spend any time in jail. Knock on wood!
I hardly ever get stopped I look older! Im 42

Originally Posted by H F
Nice Jacket... Pimp Daddy.... lol.. Juust kidding...
Hey,,,, lucky ur not in California .. they impound your car here, when they arrest you.... And bone u hard to get it out of impound.. 300 bucks just for one day !!
Ha thanks, I got stopped last year for the same warrant and got arrested and let out in 3 hours, they drove my car to the precinct and parked it! set me up with the court date and I went when the time came. Now I got arrested again for the same warrant after getting it dismissed......once again they drove my car and parked it at the station!
Old 02-25-2013, 02:58 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: I have a 2007 Black Sapphire BMW 530i with SMG. It has the auburn interior, has PDC, Sports Package, Premium Package, rear automatic sunshades with manual side sunshades, 35% black tint, Upgraded angeleyes from Angelibrights, and Logic 7 Sound System
Model Year: 2007

Not to be insensitive to police, but look at the education and training these guys have. I have a bunch of friends that used to be bouncers, football players, etc that went on to be cops...most of them were not the most intelligent people in the word and were often full of themselves and walked around like they have a stick up their ass lol. When the were doing that I was being a nerd so I can get a 6 figure job. Sucks that this happened to you bro...at least they didn't take your car for a joy ride!
Old 02-25-2013, 04:36 AM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW 530I
Model Year: 530i

Originally Posted by 545IblupasdU
Yea car is fine and Im cool it happened in Queens S Ozone Park

heres a video its just standard RPI exhaust

BMW 545i rpi exhaust with self made ram air intake sound - YouTube

Ill post a pic of the coat! Its just a Dark gray shearling with the fur on the front and back! Its just a really warm coat!

front
back
Um... Now, I understand why you got arrested (j/k). That's a Mac Daddy jacket, Daddio.

Last edited by E60I; 02-25-2013 at 05:00 AM.

Quick Reply: stopped by cops for loud exhaust...then arrested!