E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stock bumper vs mtec front bumper ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2013, 05:39 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 528xi (Silver)
Default Stock bumper vs mtec front bumper ?

I Have a 2008 528xi, and i need a new bumper due to a big crack and chipping paint. I want to go for the M5 look forsure, but i am unsure if i will only need a mtec bumper or i will need new mounting stuff. If someone can assist me with what i need it would be great. I am planing to get the mtec front bumper from umnitza and get it painted locally.

Now the fog light look different, would i need the new fog light style aswell or could the stock fog lights and mount on the umnitza mtec bumper?

Also will i need new mounting bracket or kidney grills, or a new styro-foam or anything else (screw's)?

(ps. i am seeing some cheap ebay bumpers has anyone tried them?)
Old 12-26-2013, 09:40 AM
Members

Hey e60 rider, you only need new fog lights if you with the M5tech bumper. If you go with an original M5 bumper, things get a little difficult but the other ones from Umnitza work fine, I have a M5 tech bumper on mine so I had to order the the fog lights with it because stock fogs only fit M-tech
Old 12-26-2013, 01:05 PM
New Members

My Ride: 2008 528xi (Silver)

Hey, okay so there are 3 bumpers available Stock, M5 tech, Mtech? So if i order the Mtech i would NOT need new fog lights? Also, where did you get it painted from, and was it a costly paint job?

Thanks
Old 12-26-2013, 01:28 PM
New Members

Mtec has a bumper with fogs (projectors) that require new lights. I got mine with the projector fogs from umnitza . They also have a mtec with no fogs at all.

I do beleive Cheif is right, the stock fogs will NOT fit into the housing of the mtec bumper.

Get the projector fogs and bumper, then get a hid kit for the fogs, to match the angel eye kit you should buy too
Old 12-26-2013, 05:23 PM
Members

Originally Posted by e60rider
Hey, okay so there are 3 bumpers available Stock, M5 tech, Mtech? So if i order the Mtech i would NOT need new fog lights? Also, where did you get it painted from, and was it a costly paint job?

Thanks
No, there is only two. They are just named funny! One is the M5tech and the other is the Mtech bumper. The Mtech bumper can use your original fog lights while you will need to replace the fogs on the M5tech bumper. Sorry if I worded it crazy, I was pumped on my pre workout! Here is a picture of my front bumper, I got the whole kit with HID fogs and painted on at the same time which was $350 so I don't know how much just the bumper and it was independent. Just be careful with who you go with, cause they put fogs in all crazy, a pin snapped off and I almost lost my fog!!!
Attached Thumbnails Stock bumper vs mtec front bumper ?-img_0111.jpg  
Old 12-27-2013, 05:49 AM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535i LCI with sports/premium package, Sports trans with paddle shifters, CF emblems, JB4 Software, Dinan Exhaust, Navigation, M5Tech body kit, Carbon wrap interrior trim and CIC Controller.

Just to help you in your decision, the Mtech is a copy of the OEM Mtech. M5Tech, is a hybrid bumper. I heard there was a mistake when it was produced and they left the fog light inserts in the tool and ended up with this M5 bumper that has fogs. It was popular so they left it this way. I really doubt this was the case because the geometry is not the same in this area of both bumpers... Either way, they are both looking very nice.
Old 01-02-2014, 08:03 AM
New Members

My Ride: 2009 528i

Originally Posted by Chief Holley
No, there is only two. They are just named funny! One is the M5tech and the other is the Mtech bumper. The Mtech bumper can use your original fog lights while you will need to replace the fogs on the M5tech bumper. Sorry if I worded it crazy, I was pumped on my pre workout! Here is a picture of my front bumper, I got the whole kit with HID fogs and painted on at the same time which was $350 so I don't know how much just the bumper and it was independent. Just be careful with who you go with, cause they put fogs in all crazy, a pin snapped off and I almost lost my fog!!!
Hey Chief! WOW, you got the bumper, fogs, AND painted for $350!? Such a great deal!! I know the bumper I've seen by itself is $350 alone (that's without fogs), if you don't mind where did you get such a deal? I'm assuming it was local. I've been looking around for a long time for the best deal on the bumper, any help would be great and the bumper looks good!
Old 01-02-2014, 11:03 AM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2008

All bumpers for the 2009 will require new fogs:
We offer Mtech and M5tech, but most of our customer prefer the M5tech, it's a very nice and aggressive bumper and we're running a special on it over the phone.

http://www.umnitza.com/e60-5series-m...nt-p-1244.html

Old 01-02-2014, 11:04 AM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by BigLis31
Hey Chief! WOW, you got the bumper, fogs, AND painted for $350!? Such a great deal!! I know the bumper I've seen by itself is $350 alone (that's without fogs), if you don't mind where did you get such a deal? I'm assuming it was local. I've been looking around for a long time for the best deal on the bumper, any help would be great and the bumper looks good!
Chief bought the package from us. The paint may have been a local special price for painting only. The kit however is available here:
E60 (5-series) M5 or Mtech Package (Front/Rear/Sides) [e60m-MIIbmpr] - $899.99 : Umnitza|BMW Angel Eyes|LED Angel Eyes|Headlights|Lighting|Performance|Service|87748 66489

Old 01-02-2014, 03:50 PM
Administrator

Received 96 Likes on 92 Posts
My Ride: 530xi
Model Year: 2007
Engine: N52

I did this a couple of years ago. Got mine from Trinity.
Attached Thumbnails Stock bumper vs mtec front bumper ?-before.jpg   Stock bumper vs mtec front bumper ?-after.jpg  

Quick Reply: Stock bumper vs mtec front bumper ?