E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

still need help with mp3's

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2005, 03:24 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 530xi. Deep green with beige interior. 6 speed manual. Premium package.

OK, Iknow you guys have had enough with me and my mp3's - but my car does play them - sometimes

Sometimes I get a "medium can not be read" error and other times I get "data/file can not be read" error - and other mp3's play perfectly

Is this a software issue with the car or am I making the discs wrong?
Anyone who gets theirs to work on a regular basis please tell me how, what program, and even what type of cd (brand) you are writing on
Old 12-14-2005, 03:35 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by dgjk' post='211336' date='Dec 14 2005, 07:24 PM
OK, Iknow you guys have had enough with me and my mp3's - but my car does play them - sometimes

Sometimes I get a "medium can not be read" error and other times I get "data/file can not be read" error - and other mp3's play perfectly

Is this a software issue with the car or am I making the discs wrong?
Anyone who gets theirs to work on a regular basis please tell me how, what program, and even what type of cd (brand) you are writing on
I use plain nero because I like to create folders to separate my mp3s. Nothing to it.
Old 12-14-2005, 03:52 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530xi. Deep green with beige interior. 6 speed manual. Premium package.

do you use cd-r or rw - and what brand

I am wondering if it is an issue with my cd writer?

I have spent hours on this and still cannot get it to work regularly

and with Nero - do you burn through "burn mp3" option under make audio cd - or do you burn a pure data cd?
Old 12-15-2005, 02:15 AM
Members

Originally Posted by dgjk' post='211351' date='Dec 14 2005, 06:52 PM
do you use cd-r or rw - and what brand

I am wondering if it is an issue with my cd writer?

I have spent hours on this and still cannot get it to work regularly

and with Nero - do you burn through "burn mp3" option under make audio cd - or do you burn a pure data cd?
Likewise I use Nero to burn folders onto a CD-R disc. I don't think it makes any odds if you use the burn mp3 facility or simply burn it as a data disc. I put each "album" of mp3 tracks in a separate folder and give the folder the name of the album. Put all the folders in one place on the hard disk e.g. "My Music/MP3 tracks for the car" and then drag all the folders into Nero. I generally take the source from my i-tunes library and convert the .m4a files to .mp3 using Nero Extras.