E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Still Happy?

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2004, 09:22 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

seem to be a number of members with problems so I though I'd re-dress the balance to ensure that any casual forum observers don't get the wrong message.

I STILL LOVE MINE after 3 months of ownership

Any members care to add a little positive contribution please go ahead.

jonboy

BTW - given that there are so few E60's on the road I've noticed that when you do come across one there is kind of a discrete "respect". Drove side by side with a metallic brown example down a two lane highway - I was on the inside, doing 40mph, L7 working it's magic, and he hung back for a while to take in "my" curves then pulled alongside and stuck there for a while - kinda nice
Old 09-26-2004, 09:51 AM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

Now my tireproblems have been adressed I am very happy with the car too. Every reason I can think of I will drive it. In 1 month of ownership I have 4.700 kms on it (I know, I should have bought a 530d)..
Old 09-26-2004, 09:55 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by 530E60NL' date='Sep 26 2004, 11:51 AM
Now my tireproblems have been adressed I am very happy with the car too. Every reason I can think of I will drive it. In 1 month of ownership I have 4.700 kms on it (I know, I should have bought a 530d)..? ? ?
[snapback]38302[/snapback]

fancy meeting for a beer in belgium - just a short stretch

jonboy

Old 09-26-2004, 11:22 AM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

I'm in in belgium once a month at least (my dad lives there, parents in law have a second home there and I have business there).

I'll keep you posted when I am there and would love to meet you. Untill now my meets with Flowerfred and Andy545 have been very positive and loads of fun. We'll keep in touch about it!
Old 09-26-2004, 11:29 AM
Contributors

My Ride: #1: 2004 545i; 6-speed manual; Sport Package; Mystic Blue with a gray leather interior and Anthracite wood; CWP; Logic 7. #2: 2010 535xi Touring; Automatic.

I love mine. I'd buy another. My wife keeps telling people I'll get an M5 and give her my 545i. She's hoping.

I will push her to get the 5-Series wagon when she's tired of her old car, maybe next year. It would look weird to have two nearly-identical cars in my garage; but this is one way to get my TWO favorite colors, without having to make that difficult choice!
Old 09-26-2004, 11:33 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by jonboy' date='Sep 26 2004, 11:55 AM
[quote name='530E60NL' date='Sep 26 2004, 11:51 AM']Now my tireproblems have been adressed I am very happy with the car too. Every reason I can think of I will drive it. In 1 month of ownership I have 4.700 kms on it (I know, I should have bought a 530d)..? ? ?
[snapback]38302[/snapback]

fancy meeting for a beer in belgium - just a short stretch

jonboy

[snapback]38303[/snapback]
[/quote]

Btw, fancy joining me to the meet in Germany?? I really want to go, but driving the distance alone is braking me up a bit. Maybe you wanna be my co-pilot and we can drive up and down in one day?????
Old 09-26-2004, 04:57 PM
Senior Members

i have my car for 3.5 months now and i couldn't help but try to make up all kind of excuses to drive it . my gf wanted to grab something to eat couple blocks away her house which is about 5-6 minutes walking but i told her i won't go if not driving . she thought i'm lazy but actually not .
Old 09-27-2004, 12:00 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by 530E60NL' date='Sep 26 2004, 09:22 PM
I'm in in belgium once a month at least (my dad lives there, parents in law have a second home there and I have business there).

I'll keep you posted when I am there and would love to meet you. Untill now my meets with Flowerfred and Andy545 have been very positive and loads of fun. We'll keep in touch about it!
[snapback]38322[/snapback]
Mind if I join? I love Brugge Triple and Kriek.
Old 09-27-2004, 12:43 AM
Senior Members

had mine for 2.5 months, always look forward to driving it. had a few minor niggles that the dealer quickly fixed and now its better than ever.

best car I have owned by far
Old 09-27-2004, 01:45 AM
Senior Members

Great stuff, loving mine to bits.

Yesterday I saw a beautiful black 545i in our village - it looked amazing (545i's are pretty rare in the UK).

Jonboy you're a lucky lad, still getting a 997?

Quick Reply: Still Happy?