E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Stereo in Concert mode Logic 7

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2005, 05:01 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 545i - ordered in January delivered April 21st! Black Sapphire Metallic, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple.
Thumbs up

Issue: When driving and listening to FM radio, the stereo will go just to the center speaker (settings are in conert hall) then back to all speakers. Seems to be very random (I have a full signal). Speed volume doesn't seem to matter.

I tried to search to see if this was happening to anybody else.

Any ideas?
Old 04-27-2005, 05:11 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2009 550i sports, Nav, logic Best E60 yet 2004 545i, sports pkg, logic 7 steptronic, rear shade,orient blue with beige interior, blue tooth enabled Razer Phone. 2004 X5 3.0, sports pkg, stepronic, summer pkg. imola red. 2006 Mini Cooper S, manual, sports, prem pkg, nav and kitchen sink.

Originally Posted by Oaktree' date='Apr 27 2005, 09:01 PM
Issue:? When driving and listening to FM radio, the stereo will go just to the center speaker (settings are in conert hall) then back to all speakers.? Seems to be very random (I have a full signal).? Speed volume doesn't seem to matter.?

I tried to search to see if this was happening to anybody else.?

Any ideas?
[snapback]121041[/snapback]

I have experienced the same issue, since I listen to classic rock and older, I felt this was normal for digital radio. I just don't know.
Old 04-27-2005, 05:17 PM
Members

My Ride: 545i - ordered in January delivered April 21st! Black Sapphire Metallic, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple.

Originally Posted by jochet' date='Apr 27 2005, 08:11 PM
[quote name='Oaktree' date='Apr 27 2005, 09:01 PM']Issue:? When driving and listening to FM radio, the stereo will go just to the center speaker (settings are in conert hall) then back to all speakers.? Seems to be very random (I have a full signal).? Speed volume doesn't seem to matter.?

Any ideas?

I have experienced the same issue, since I listen to classic rock and older, I felt this was normal for digital radio. I just don't know.
[snapback]121046[/snapback]
[/quote]

I hope not!!! This is very irritating. I listen to everything and it just cuts out to one speaker. New age, classic. It is very annoying.
Old 04-27-2005, 05:23 PM
Contributors

My Ride: April Delivery 2005 - 545i Orient Blue/Beige Leather. Sport & Premium packages/Navigation/Heads-Up display/Premium Sound/Cold Weather Pkg/Park Distance Control/SMG/Split fold down rear w/ski pkg. Currently: 2002 - 530i Steel Blue Metalic. Sport & Premium packages/Navigation/Cold Weather Pkg/Split fold down rear w/ski pkg.

I've noticed the same thing and also don't know why it does that. When the music starts it does sound better in Theater mode.
Old 04-27-2005, 05:24 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Oaktree' date='Apr 27 2005, 09:17 PM
[quote name='jochet' date='Apr 27 2005, 08:11 PM'][quote name='Oaktree' date='Apr 27 2005, 09:01 PM']Issue:? When driving and listening to FM radio, the stereo will go just to the center speaker (settings are in conert hall) then back to all speakers.? Seems to be very random (I have a full signal).? Speed volume doesn't seem to matter.?

Any ideas?

[snapback]121046[/snapback]
[/quote]

I hope not!!! This is very irritating. I listen to everything and it just cuts out to one speaker. New age, classic. It is very annoying.
[snapback]121047[/snapback]
[/quote]
Old 04-27-2005, 05:25 PM
Members

This happens to me as well, I believe that it signifies a lower signal.......even though I show full bars, I get sound only from central speaker, noticed this happening near power lines, or other obstructions.

H
Old 04-27-2005, 05:28 PM
Contributors

I have the same in Theater mode. I contributed it to lower signal strength but don't have any clear evidence on that. Just a guess. It feels like it is cutting in and out of 5.1 surround sound going to stereo and back.
Old 04-27-2005, 05:35 PM
Contributors

Well, my 2 cents. I don't think it has anything to do with signal, but rather sound seperation. I think in Theater Mode, it is tryign to replicate you being in a theater, and as such, the voices come from up front, on the stage. However, some songs are seperated properly when they are mixed, and that is why it fades in and out.

In Concert mode, it is made to surround you in music, and basically, takes most of the sound and distributes it throught the speaker system..

did I make any sense?
Old 04-27-2005, 06:00 PM
Members

My Ride: 2005 Orient Blue/Beige interior 545i: Cold weather pkg, Nav system, Premium sound, Sport Pkg, satellite prep, 30% smoke tinted windows all around, waiting for my euro red reflectors and umbrella!

I notice the same thing! I assumed it had something to do with the sound processor, but it sounds weird when it happens
Old 04-27-2005, 07:47 PM
Members

My Ride: '05 545 Sport Week 9

Originally Posted by wassy' date='Apr 27 2005, 06:35 PM
Well,? my 2 cents.? I don't think it has anything to do with signal, but rather sound seperation.? I think in Theater Mode, it is tryign to replicate you being in a theater, and as such, the voices come from up front, on the stage.? However, some songs are seperated properly when they are mixed, and that is why it fades in and out.

In Concert mode, it is made to surround you in music, and basically, takes most of the sound and distributes it throught the speaker system..

did I make any sense?
[snapback]121063[/snapback]
Yes, to me, Theater puts too much sound into the center channel, but Concert mode sounds good and distributes it properly IMO

Quick Reply: Stereo in Concert mode Logic 7