E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Steering Wheel Buttons

Old 05-02-2004, 02:13 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
With Nav are both buttons Programable? The i drive only lets me program the one.
Is that correct?
Old 05-02-2004, 02:24 PM
Senior Members

Unfortunately it is true! I came to the same conclusion when playing around with it last week. One of the two buttons has a fixed function, which is repeat last instruction & disable voice instructions when holding it down longer.

IMHO again a poor implementation of BMW, why assign this as a fixed function when most people only activate their nav system only something like 10% of the time??? This will render the nav button unuseful 90% of the time!
Old 05-02-2004, 03:59 PM
Contributors

Thanks, I totally Agree!
Why call them programable buttons! Should be called programable button!
Old 05-02-2004, 11:32 PM
Members

Hmmm...
Both my steering wheel buttons are programable and I have Nav (Business Navigation).
Before the latest software update only one of the buttons where programable but now both of them are.
Old 05-03-2004, 01:12 AM
Senior Members

Hey Beemer - Do you also know which version you had on your car & which version has been loaded now? Just wondering if you could be more specific so that I can tell this to my dealer. I will take delivery of my E60 in a couple of hours and requested them to load the latest software on it but they told me that it was not necessary because I already have the latest version and there would be no real issues with it If I can tell them that if they load version x on it and it resolves the fixed nav button problem I might be able to convince them to load this new version.
Old 05-03-2004, 03:48 AM
Senior Members

This is fixed in a software update.
Not sure which version though.
Go ask for one!

-paasan
Old 05-03-2004, 04:13 AM
Senior Members

both my old version and the new 11.1 allow both buttons as programmable but the functionality is limited...
i think it is, off the top, mute, next source/device, next track/station, repeat nav ... i can't think of more, and that is for my config which does not have all the bells and whistles maybe related to other programmabilities

the actual issue is that, as originally announced in 2003 there were to be two programmable buttons AND one of the other buttons would, apparently, repeat the last Nav instruction... which is not how it was implemented in the end
Old 05-03-2004, 06:48 AM
Members

My Ride: 06 535d silver grey, night vision, comfort access, pro nav, HUD, Logic 7, M-sport

Originally Posted by Beemer' date='May 3 2004, 01:32 AM
Hmmm...
Both my steering wheel buttons are programable and I have Nav (Business Navigation).
Before the latest software update only one of the buttons where programable but now both of them are.
Does anybody now if the software update will work on prof.nav as well? I have prof nav and i only have one programable button. The other one just works with the nav.... I got my car only three days ago and was told it had the latest software...

Lars
Gothenburg Sweden
Old 05-03-2004, 12:07 PM
Senior Members

Both my buttons are programmable. They were like that with the old software also.
Old 05-03-2004, 03:03 PM
Members

My Ride: 06 535d silver grey, night vision, comfort access, pro nav, HUD, Logic 7, M-sport

cidair,
Do you have the professional nav?

Lars

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Steering Wheel Buttons