E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Started My Search....

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2011, 07:22 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 500i

37K With tags/tax included.
Old 02-05-2011, 07:24 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by 08FiveFifty
37K With tags/tax included.
Congrats! Was this the first one I showed you ?
Old 02-05-2011, 07:27 AM
Members

^ yes sir thanks!!
Old 02-05-2011, 08:31 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 550i

You're going to love it! I can't imagine life without mine. The only other option mine doesn't have that I'm jealous of you for is the anthracite headliner. Congrats and post pics ASAP!
Old 02-05-2011, 09:15 AM
Members

^ thanks man! I cannot wait till monday!

Now time to thinking about some "Lite" mods

I really dont want to go overboard, im thinking the following below is something i can do soon as i get the car.

HID fogs (will it need a code eliminator) sucks DDM doesn't sell hid kits anymore =(
LED interior bulbs
Hardwire my Valentine one

Hopefully I can find a tutorial on how to remove the wood-trim in this car, I cant wait to start wrapping it in carbon fiber, should be a nice touch. Now its time for me to search this forum, so im not such a newb! Do we have a thread over here with some mod'd 550i for some inspiration?
Old 02-05-2011, 09:35 AM
Senior Members

^ thanks man! I cannot wait till monday!

Now time to thinking about some "Lite" mods

I really dont want to go overboard, im thinking the following below is something i can do soon as i get the car.

HID fogs (will it need a code eliminator) sucks DDM doesn't sell hid kits anymore =(
LED interior bulbs
Hardwire my Valentine one

Hopefully I can find a tutorial on how to remove the wood-trim in this car, I cant wait to start wrapping it in carbon fiber, should be a nice touch. Now its time for me to search this forum, so im not such a newb! Do we have a thread over here with some mod'd 550i for some inspiration?
I hope you are getting me a gift for finding your perfect car ? LOL.

HID fogs try out HIDextra.com. 9006 is the bulb type since your car has the M package. I have 8k bulbs from them in my car and I ordered 8k HIDS for the fogs from them. You do need a error code eliminator UNLESS you get your car coded not to check for bulb outs. Coding can be done for $40 and you can code many cool features. Fold your mirrors with your keyfob, roll windows up with keyfob, digital speedo and many more options. If you want I can get you a list of what can be done.

Interior LED bulbs. Under door lights are 194 T10 bulbs and you can get a set of 4 from Amazon.com for about $10. The dome lights are 194 T10 and those should run you $15 for 6. Sidemarker lights are also T10 194 and 2 of those should cost you $4. (Depending on how many SMT LEDS and color). I have blue LEDS in my sidemarkers and white LEDS in the interior. License plate bulbs are 36MM festoon.

Hardwire V1 DIY is here https://5series.net/forums/topic/708-radar-det/. Scroll down and you should see it. .

While your already considering some mods. I suggest matte black grilles and black and white roundels AND HID angle eyes. Trinity Autosport great guys (Joe and Nerwyll) are the owners of Trinity Autosport and have great products at fantastic prices. For HID angles contact John at John@motercepts.com.

Welcome aboard dude!
Old 02-05-2011, 12:21 PM
Members

Old 02-05-2011, 01:40 PM
Members

aretardedorange- haha you did help me big time! I called about that car couple weeks ago but then just discarded when they didn't accept my offer. Lucky you re-posted the same car, which i then noticed they reduced the price, which is funny cause initially I offered them more then what i paid just now

I found some clearance items fro DDMo you guys recommended or have these far as fitment go?

http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/BMW-Emblem-82mm-B-W

http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/BM...dals-WFootrest

http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/BM...k-Front-Grille
Old 02-05-2011, 01:51 PM
Senior Members

aretardedorange- haha you did help me big time! I called about that car couple weeks ago but then just discarded when they didn't accept my offer. Lucky you re-posted the same car, which i then noticed they reduced the price, which is funny cause initially I offered them more then what i paid just now

I found some clearance items fro DDMo you guys recommended or have these far as fitment go?

http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/BMW-Emblem-82mm-B-W

http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/BM...dals-WFootrest

http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/BM...k-Front-Grille
Emblem will fit. The pedals will not fit and as far as the grilles go try out Trinity Autosport. Not sure how great the fitment would be of the DDM grille.
Old 02-05-2011, 06:11 PM
Contributors

My Ride: SOLD...Jet Black 2008 550i M Sport with SAT, black interior. RPI exhaust and air scoop, 35% huper optik tint all around, CF roundels, flat black kidneys, Springfield Armory XD-40 jet black in glove box, charcoal filter removed.

Congratulations man! You'll love it, and even though you say "lite mods", soon enough you'll be cutting your exhaust and replacing with RPI or some other set up, changing wheels, upgrading your Angel Eyes and fogs to HID, tinting the windows, cha-ching cha-ching $$$$. ITs a disease that is easily caught and hard to shake. Fun as hell though, and this forum will help you all along the way! Great group of enthusiasts here man, have fun!

Quick Reply: Started My Search....