E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Squeeking brakes when reversing

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2008, 11:32 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone else experience squeeking brakes when reversing? The noise never happens when I'm driving foward and braking. It only happens occassionaly when I start backing out of my garage or parking spot. Of course when I told the dealer, they said that they didn't hear anything while testing.
Old 12-03-2008, 08:14 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Vermillo' post='736668' date='Dec 3 2008, 03:32 AM
Anyone else experience squeeking brakes when reversing? The noise never happens when I'm driving foward and braking. It only happens occassionaly when I start backing out of my garage or parking spot. Of course when I told the dealer, they said that they didn't hear anything while testing.
Hi Vermillo

I had the same issue. BMW know of this problem as they have had a service bulletin on it. Do not pay for the problem to be fixed. If they say there is a charge then e-mail BMW customer service and quote that you know there is a recognised problem.
Hope this helps
Old 12-03-2008, 08:49 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 545i, 6-speed Manual, Silver Grey Metallic, Grey Dakota Leather, Cold Weather Pkg, Premium Sound Pkg, Sport Pkg, Lumbar Support

Yes. Mine occurred with light pedal pressure and just before stopping. For me, it was the brake sensor issue, and my dealer replaced all four pads and sensors under warranty.
Old 12-03-2008, 04:32 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 530I Silver gray with gray leather with Premium Package, Logic 7 Premium sound system with Ipod interface, xenon adaptive headlights, Active steering, Power retractable rear sunshade, Comfort seats, Cold weather package and M5 OEM 166 wheels, Sprintbooster. Ceramic Tint all around, Bilstein Sports shocks with Eibach springs, Brake performance Rotors and Axxis ceramic pads.

I have a similar situation going forward and applying light pressure on the brake. First they told me it is just brake dust build up and just need cleaning. I wasn't able to pick up the car the same day but picked it up the next day. I guess when the SA test drove the car it still made noise. When I picked it up and reading the things than to it, it says they change the sensors and pads as part of the warranty and then the SA told be there is a bulletin on it. I would go back to the Dealer and tell your SA you know about the bulletin on it.
Old 12-07-2008, 10:20 PM
Members

Will do, thanks for the help.
Old 12-07-2008, 10:41 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 550i M sport

Originally Posted by Vermillo' post='736668' date='Dec 3 2008, 03:32 AM

I had the same EXACT situation last month and even posted a thread about it. I took it to the dealer and they said that since the Idrive did not indicate low brakes it prob was brake dust. I had already looked at the pads with a friend and they were indeed low. When I got it back, the SA said they changed out the rear brakes bc they were in fact low. Got all new rear brakes rotor and sensor under the mantenance plan. The noise stopped immediately. Dont take no for an answer.