E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Squeaky brakes .. E60 530D, UK

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2005, 08:47 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Footnote:

The brakes don't squeak any more.

My dealer (Sycamore BMW of Peterborough - very good) said they'd looked at them but hadn't fixed them to their satisfaction.

But I can't hear them squeaking any more, so I've got a loooovely silent car now :-) Well done the Sycamore boys.

Dogs still turn their heads when I arrive in town, but humans ... no.
Old 08-12-2005, 11:46 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 BMW 530I steptronic, Orient Blue, Dakota Black Leather, Finishers Aluminium with Wave Cutting interior, NAVIgation, Radio PROFESSIONAL, CD in-dash, Hi-Fi extended sound system, PDC system, Bi-Xenons lights with washers, cruise-control, heated seats, Extended AC, auto"shade" mirrors, auto lights sensors, rain/wiper sensor, M-tech leather multifunction steering wheel, side airbags rearseats, sliding armrest, smoker's package (I don't smoke!), velour floor mats, spare wheel and jack, 122 style rims winter setup, M135 style rims summer setup [color=red]Mods:[/color] [color=blue]M tech sport steering wheel with M5 SMG paddles working retrofit done ! Trunk lid opening button retrofit done.[/color] [color=blue]3M window 35% tint done Chrome grilles E60.net Clings [/color]

Originally Posted by bravecat' date='Aug 6 2005, 11:27 AM
Mine is the same, only happens when braking at light to medium pressures
Like you, it is only noticable when the windows are down.

i can live with it..
[snapback]156595[/snapback]

exactly the same here. 530i EU
Old 08-12-2005, 04:58 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 March E60 530i, Titanium Silver with Black Dakota Leather, Style 124 18" Alloy, Active Steering, Adaptive headlights, Auto-Dim Int+Folding Ext Mirrors, Auto Aircon Advanced, Brushed Aluminium Trim, CD Changer, Comfort Seats, De-Chrome, Dynamic Drive, Electric Glass Sun Roof, Graduate Tinted Windscreen, Heated Front Seats, Natvigation Professional, Sport Steering wheel, Sun Protection Glass, TV function

Still about noise from the car
Apart from the brake, do you guys have any rattleling noise from the interior?
I can hear noise from parcel shelf area and all 4 doors when I go over uneven road surface, rattle just come from every where. Not sure if it's from the door lock wire inside the door as the lock switch on the door seems quite loose.

I took it back to the dealer and they said they can't hear anything, just told me they've applied some what they called 'special lubricant' on all doors.

Very annoying, never had this problem with my E46.
Old 08-13-2005, 02:36 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 BMW 530I steptronic, Orient Blue, Dakota Black Leather, Finishers Aluminium with Wave Cutting interior, NAVIgation, Radio PROFESSIONAL, CD in-dash, Hi-Fi extended sound system, PDC system, Bi-Xenons lights with washers, cruise-control, heated seats, Extended AC, auto"shade" mirrors, auto lights sensors, rain/wiper sensor, M-tech leather multifunction steering wheel, side airbags rearseats, sliding armrest, smoker's package (I don't smoke!), velour floor mats, spare wheel and jack, 122 style rims winter setup, M135 style rims summer setup [color=red]Mods:[/color] [color=blue]M tech sport steering wheel with M5 SMG paddles working retrofit done ! Trunk lid opening button retrofit done.[/color] [color=blue]3M window 35% tint done Chrome grilles E60.net Clings [/color]

yep, the car is a bit ratteling over bumps, the dashboard, the rear seat back rest area and the newest one: the front ciggarette lighter little cover doors tap agains the actual lighter!!!! Since I do not smoke I will throw it way, problem solved

midn you that my car has only 10k km on it and makes more noise than my 150k km Audi did