E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Squeaking Driver's Seat

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2004, 07:21 AM
Guest_peter

I have exactly the same noise in my comfort seat. It's not from the seatbelt and not from the black plastic cover under the seat. It's definitely from the insider of the seat backrest.

Dealer couldn't find it. I'm interested in your solution.

Peter

Full loaded 530d in Switzerland.
Old 08-19-2004, 07:52 AM
JDN
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome, Peter. Won't you please register with us?
Old 08-19-2004, 04:40 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Guest_peter' date='Aug 19 2004, 11:21 PM
I have exactly the same noise in my comfort seat. It's not from the seatbelt and not from the black plastic cover under the seat. It's definitely from the insider of the seat backrest.

Dealer couldn't find it. I'm interested in your solution.

Peter

Full loaded 530d in Switzerland.
I too think that its from the moving mechanism or the springs inside the seat. I have yet to check what is the source of the squeaks, will do it this weekend.

And I read somewhere that the subs are located at the bottom of B-pillars rather than under the seat. Anyone can confirm that?
Old 08-20-2004, 12:21 AM
Senior Members

one tech I spoke to thought the plastic covers under the seat were air vents, the other thought subs......whatever, who cares, it squeaks when they take the seat out next week i'll let you know the result. in my car i know for a fact is not any of the springs in the seat as i can reproduce the noise exactly by applying pressure to the plastic plate under the seat.
Old 08-20-2004, 01:35 AM
Members

Hope this helps.
In my car the source of the squeaks appears to be in the backrest of the seat. I think it might be the springs located in the backrest. I've moved the backrest to the full up and full down position a couple of times and the squeaks disappeared for some time.
Old 08-20-2004, 09:00 AM
Senior Members

Northernmonkey, I just checked under the seat, I don't see any plastic cover, just some wiring and motors for the electric seat. When I sit down without resting my back, there is no squeak.

KrisM, I will try your method later in the say today.
Old 08-20-2004, 03:35 PM

I had the same problem (noise while braking, turning, or accelerating) in passenger seat a few months ago. They replaced a sensor in the seat and lubricated some parts. It has not come back since. Hope this helps!
Old 08-21-2004, 09:03 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by KrisM' date='Aug 20 2004, 05:35 PM
Hope this helps.
In my car the source of the squeaks appears to be in the backrest of the seat. I think it might be the springs located in the backrest. I've moved the backrest to the full up and full down position a couple of times and the squeaks disappeared? for some time.
This works! No more squeaks.
Old 08-27-2004, 06:16 AM
Senior Members

got my car back from dealers last night and my squeaking drivers seat squeaks no more

under the sear in my car as I said is a plastic cover (speaker grill look'a'like) and this seemed to be source of noise. noise occured whenever body weight shifted back in seat such as when pulling away, cornering etc.

anyway Tech found that seat runners were resting (incorrectly) on this plastic cover causing the noise, they reinstalled seat so it didn't make contact with this plastic cover, noise gone....

also had both front headlight (xenons) replaced under warranty as one of the seals on one had gone, so they replaced both, said they had not seen that before. Glad it was a warranty job as those units in the uk are ?500+ each excl fitting
Old 09-01-2004, 01:51 PM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

I have the same problem and will see if it is gone tomorrow when I get my car back. If it isn't I will print your solutions and they can give it a try.

Thanks for the info, this site is great!! I have the feeling I am not alone when I have a problem!

Quick Reply: Squeaking Driver's Seat