E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

sprintbooster install problems

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2009, 04:33 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2007 Sapphire Black Metallic 525i. Beige Dakota Leather, Premium package, bluetooth, BMW Assist, Xenon adaptive lights, Sirius radio
Thumbs down

I undid the accelerator pedal as previous DIY posts indicated. Did not know there was such little play room to get to the throttle cable disconnected. The pedal has 2 clips that hold the original plug. I broke one of those. got the plug disconnected. Got the sprint booster installed. went to try to get it all under the pedal and it would not allow me to get close enough to the hook. Finally got it and you can see the sprintbooster to the right of the pedal if you look. Not apparent when sitting in driver's seat. Only apparent if you stick your head near the carpet.

Anyway the car started fine. No lights or warnings. About to shower and hit the road to see how it works.

Should I try to hide it better? Do I need to undo it everytime I go to the dealership?

I am not mechanically inclined. I am somewhat challenged actually. Should I try to cut carpet?

Martin
Old 06-06-2009, 04:45 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Original E60 Spec: 530i - Silver Grey Out, Black Dakota Leather In, Navigation Pro, Voice Command, HiFi Audio, Sports Package, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package w/ Heated Seats, Style# 123 Alloy Track Wheels, Auto AC, Power Front Seats, Active Turn Xennon Headlights, Mods: OEM M-Tech Front Bumper, OEM M Side Skirts, OEM M5 Rear Bumper, M5 Trunk Lid Finisher, M5 Style Mirrors, Custom Hamann Style Splitter, Custom Hartge Style Diffuser, RD Sport Boot Spoiler, LCI Taillights, Bruce Miranda's V4 LCI Retro Cables, 6000K Xenon light Bulbs, Xenon White LED License Plate Lights, 8000K HID 9006 Fog Lights, Akalius� Front Headlight Euro Overlays, Matte Black Kidney Grilles, E60.Net Clings, Debadged, Llumar Tinting "Micro Edged, 15% Rear 35% Sides, Engine Mods: Custom Magnaflow Quad Exhaust w/ Eisenmann Stamped 3� Tips, RPI Scoop (Red) Added Electronics: V1 Equipped (Hardwired), OEM Alpine CD Changer Retrofit, Shoes: SOLD-20" Staggered Vertini Hennesey Rims, Falcon 452's Tires-SOLD New Shoes: 19" VMR 710 Hyper Silver, General Exclaim UHP 245/35/19 Front-275/30/19 Rear, Gloss Silver Caliper Paint Job DIY ^_____________ Retired ______________ Took Delivery 10/26/2009: LOADED! E60 M5 Silverstone II/Black, Active Seats, Comfort Ventilated/Heated Seats, HUD, Brushed Aluminum Trim,

Martin, some members have cut the carpet slightly and pushed the extra part of the cable in to the carpet. If you decide to do this, do it with caution, as I'm not sure if there are other wires down there or not.
Old 06-06-2009, 04:54 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 Sapphire Black Metallic 525i. Beige Dakota Leather, Premium package, bluetooth, BMW Assist, Xenon adaptive lights, Sirius radio

Originally Posted by AKAlius' post='902477' date='Jun 6 2009, 07:45 AM
Martin, some members have cut the carpet slightly and pushed the extra part of the cable in to the carpet. If you decide to do this, do it with caution, as I'm not sure if there are other wires down there or not.
I may just leave it alone. My car is CPO and I can always say the previous owner must have put that on there and it was not caught during the CPO certification process
Old 06-06-2009, 05:06 AM
Contributors

Location: SoCal- SFV (Land of pimps, drug dealers, money, hot cars and hot wimmenz...this ain't no movie bitch, mess with us and we'll cut ya!)

Originally Posted by Martin525i' post='902478' date='Jun 6 2009, 05:54 AM
I may just leave it alone. My car is CPO and I can always say the previous owner must have put that on there and it was not caught during the CPO certification process
i cut two 3" slits off to the sides of the existing hole and tucked it all in.
Old 06-06-2009, 05:14 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by El Immigrante' post='902482' date='Jun 6 2009, 08:06 AM
i cut two 3" slits off to the sides of the existing hole and tucked it all in.
Cutting carpet scares me
Old 06-06-2009, 05:43 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2006 525XI, Jet black on Dakota beige. Premium and winter packages. I consider myself a purist and intend to keep my car absolutely stock and shiny. 2008 328I Convertible, Sapphire black on beige interior. Premium package, NAV, iPod adapter. Retired: 2002 325I, Titanium silver on black leather. Premium package. Absolutely stock and proud of it.

Originally Posted by Martin525i' post='902475' date='Jun 6 2009, 08:33 AM
I undid the accelerator pedal as previous DIY posts indicated. Did not know there was such little play room to get to the throttle cable disconnected. The pedal has 2 clips that hold the original plug. I broke one of those. got the plug disconnected. Got the sprint booster installed. went to try to get it all under the pedal and it would not allow me to get close enough to the hook. Finally got it and you can see the sprintbooster to the right of the pedal if you look. Not apparent when sitting in driver's seat. Only apparent if you stick your head near the carpet.

Anyway the car started fine. No lights or warnings. About to shower and hit the road to see how it works.

Should I try to hide it better? Do I need to undo it everytime I go to the dealership?

I am not mechanically inclined. I am somewhat challenged actually. Should I try to cut carpet?

Martin
Martin,

I'd be interested in hearing your honest opinion of the car's performance with the booster. Thanx
Old 06-06-2009, 05:49 AM
Members

Originally Posted by porsche911targa' post='902512' date='Jun 6 2009, 08:43 AM
Martin,

I'd be interested in hearing your honest opinion of the car's performance with the booster. Thanx
my 530xi with a SB turned from a slug to a instant rush to drive. The transformation seems to good to be true.
Old 06-06-2009, 06:29 AM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Mine sticks out too but I kinda like the look, it goes well with my ACS rep pedals. And it lets people at meets know you have the SB
Old 06-06-2009, 06:49 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by porsche911targa' post='902512' date='Jun 6 2009, 08:43 AM
Martin,

It feels like the car has gained at least 50hp. I know it has not, but, the car responds quicker with the Sprintbooster. I have never been one to floor my accelerator, do I guess I never realized the potenitial the engine has, It reponds so much quicker.
Old 06-06-2009, 06:50 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Martin525i' post='902568' date='Jun 6 2009, 03:49 PM
It feels like the car has gained at least 50hp. I know it has not, but, the car responds quicker with the Sprintbooster. I have never been one to floor ny accelerator, do I guess I never realized the potenitial the engine has, It reponds so much quicer.
Cool, ive just ordered mine

Quick Reply: sprintbooster install problems