E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sprint Booster , error code

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2011, 11:29 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I installed a Sprint Booster today. Then when I started it up it was hard to start. Finally got it running smoothly by restarting a few times. Although it idled high, about 1200 rpm. I tried to drive but it wopuld not accelerate. Disconnected and reconnected everything to no avail. The instructions say if this happens it is either a faulty Sprint Booster or the wrong unit for my car. The package is correct so I guess it is a faulty unit. It is Sunday so I'll get back with them tomorrow.

BUT, after putting everything back without the SB I have an error, Engine malfunction, reduced power. It seems to drive fine. What is going on? Is that code just stored?

Thanks
John
Old 05-16-2011, 05:20 PM
Members

I talked to the SB people today. I have the comfort access, where you don't have to put the key fob in the steering column, it senses it in your pocket. Apparently that turns on the system. So even though I followed the directions and left the ignition off with the door open for 5 minutes,the fob turned everything back on and foiled the EMU from accepting the new throttle switch (S.

I had the codes cancelled and did the install with the fob at the other end of the house. This time no issues, started right up. No error messages.

I'll have to drive it a while, but initially minimal improvement in the hesitation/slipping feel on takeoff. That is unless you push a bit harder, then it is better. But the huge plus, at the mild or especially in the strong position, I am no longer driving a Buick. You hit the trottle and it nails you. That is why we buy BMWs, responsive. It is so much more fun.

I'll keep you posted. But my initial impression is that it makes the car much, much, more fun. It didn't really resolve the sluggish takeoff but it sure did make it more fun once you are rolling.

John
Old 05-16-2011, 08:16 PM
Senior Members

Make sure the plugs are clean