E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Sprint booster

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2010, 09:53 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Mini Cooper

a must have if your not planning to mod the ecu
Old 07-01-2010, 10:02 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 E60 523 executive 20"ASA / Bi-Xenon / Full M-tech / LED Angel Eyes / Matte Black Kidney's / LED Side Markers

Not trying to convince the "haters" but just wanted to share...My car was sitting in very hot weather a couple of days and the tape which holds the button to the side of the dash came a little lose...so I popped it back in place, but without noticing I turned the SB off...

..I drove a couple of miles with a nasty feeling. What the hell...response slow as shit. First I thought that maybe one of my rear tires had gone flat or something, because of the "heavy" drive...Never thought about the SB (which to me is compliment) going off...while thinking what was going on I finally glanced over to check if the SB was on, and saw it was completely off...what a HUGE difference it makes driving a couple of months with the SB on red and then off...

So, although I said I was nog trying to convince anybody, I recommend to any hater out there...make a deal with Brabus to purchase a SB with a money back guarantee and just drive this sucker for a couple of days...I just know you will keep it
Old 07-01-2010, 10:06 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: A Car

it helps my do quick burnouts, and seocnd gear chirps!!
Old 07-01-2010, 10:15 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by ta0sum
Is it true on what he is saying? or is he wrong so i can take that bet for $1000

"the sprint booster is such a dumb idea. All it does is trick your ecu in to thinking your pedal is further down than it actually is, heres a tip that will save you some money, JUST PUSH THE PEDAL FURTHER DOWN, AND FASTER YOURSELF. That will do the exact same thing as the "Sprint Booster". seriously guys i dont know how anyone would consider getting this.

A tune from someone like ESS does do something similar, but it is also actually giving you more power.

I will bet you $1000 that if you put your car on a dyno it will make EXACTLY the same power before and after you installed this thing.

It just takes away any pedal modulation that you had before and makes it operate more like a switch instead of a pedal. If you ask any real high performance driver, you need the pedal modulation in order to drive a car fast. This device is great if you are building a drag E39. but you are not, so i say GARBAGE

DO NOT BUY THIS.

save money and get a REAL TUNE!!!:no no

EDIT: I just checked the prices for this crap.... you have got to be kidding me. A tune from a reputable company is LITERALLY LESS THAN $100 more... just get a real tune

From the official sprintbooster site " you will feel as though your car has more muscle than it really does!" this is just like getting fake air vents, or m5 bages, or turbo sound exhausts."

ECU tune is great since it increase hp but dealer can erase them or avoid warranty.... which means you have to send ecu back and get reprogrammed... Also you cannot sell it tune separately ... unless you sell the car.

I had both SB V1 and Velocity V1... Loved both of them alot!!!
Old 07-01-2010, 11:33 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

Originally Posted by greycoopers
Not trying to convince the "haters" but just wanted to share...My car was sitting in very hot weather a couple of days and the tape which holds the button to the side of the dash came a little lose...so I popped it back in place, but without noticing I turned the SB off...

..I drove a couple of miles with a nasty feeling. What the hell...response slow as shit. First I thought that maybe one of my rear tires had gone flat or something, because of the "heavy" drive...Never thought about the SB (which to me is compliment) going off...while thinking what was going on I finally glanced over to check if the SB was on, and saw it was completely off...what a HUGE difference it makes driving a couple of months with the SB on red and then off...

So, although I said I was nog trying to convince anybody, I recommend to any hater out there...make a deal with Brabus to purchase a SB with a money back guarantee and just drive this sucker for a couple of days...I just know you will keep it
lol now you are like most of us cant live with out it

I alway say to our HK members
install it and test it out not need to pay 1st and you dont like it then just unplug it.
after testing it 10 out of 10 ppl will say how much I pay now
Old 07-02-2010, 12:56 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

Originally Posted by brabusw209amg
i sure hated the SB V1! Until I installed the SB V2, I cant drive without one!!!
I have had the SB V1 in my 525d, 530d (remapped) and my current 550i.
It was an absolute MUST-HAVE in the diesels, where you already have lag due to the nature of the diesel engine's power delivery. I hated driving those cars without the SB. So it did exactly what it should do, i.e. make the car more responsive.
In the 550i, where I mainly use it in the busy inner-city, its just too much and a less aggressive / smoother delivery is more comfortable, especially for passengers. BUT, when the SB is installed and I am on my own outside the city (i.e. I can really give it some!), it totally transforms the car from that relaxed cruiser to the sports car feeling. The SB V2 sounds like the ideal choice for me... just talked myself into a new mod
Old 07-02-2010, 04:59 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 550i | Silver-Grey- A08 | Premium - Sport Package | Adaptive Headlights | Logic 7 w/ CD Changer | Bluetooth | Park Distance Control | Xenon Headlights | Comfort Access [s]Sprint Booster V1[/s] | K&N filter - Stock Box w/ Charcoal Filter Removed | Clear Side LED Markers | Matte Black Grilles | RPI Air Scoop | RPI 550i GT Exhaust | 12" Kicker w/ AMP | Headlight Euro Overlays | ACS Rep Roof\Trunk Spoilers |MTEC V2 Angel Eyes | 6000k HID Fog Lights | 19" VMR v710 Stag Wheels | Hankook Ventus V12 Evo K110 Tires | Debadged | LED Courtesy Door Lamps | Sprint Booster V2 | Painted Calipers | M pedals\shift knob | HID License Plate Bulbs | R1 Drilled\Slotted Rotors | Hawk HPS Brakes| ACS replica front lip |

Yes, the V2 is a much better option over V1. I turned mine off yesterday when I had to valet on South Beach. When I got back in I didn't immediately turn it on. Within 5 blocks I thought - "Hell NO" It doesn't matter if I'm in Green or Red, both are MUCH better than not having one or one turned off.
Old 07-02-2010, 05:32 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

Originally Posted by CajunE60
I have a "Sport" Button below my automatic transmission on the console. I thought this "Sport" Mode had the same effect as sprint booster.
nope
Originally Posted by greycoopers

get it
Old 07-02-2010, 06:15 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: '04 545i, sport pkg, premium sound, sprint booster,

Yeah I'm an SB hater.... I'd hate NOT having it! That is all. Thank you, thank you very much.
Old 07-02-2010, 10:38 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 528i blk/blk' , black grills, v2 angel eyes 20 inch Beyern Mesh staggered black, H&R springs AFE stage 1 intake Sprintbooster V2 Meisterschaft Pro SuS exhaust

I just ordered mine from Brabus. $280 shipped....Can't wait for it to arrive!

Quick Reply: Sprint booster