E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Sprint booster

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2010, 04:32 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

doing research on the sprint booster and i found this -_-.. tell me what you guys think about it

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...=sprintbooster
Old 06-29-2010, 05:28 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by ta0sum
doing research on the sprint booster and i found this -_-.. tell me what you guys think about it

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...=sprintbooster

What I think about sprint booster is = press your gas pedal harder and you won't need one. Its a placebo aka waste of $.
Old 06-29-2010, 06:10 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2007 530i. Purchased 6/28/07. Titanium Silver Metallic, Black Dakota Leather, Dark Poplar Trim, Steptronic, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, Bluetooth, Adaptive Control Xenons. 10/30/07 Added OEM 124s with 245/40/18 & 275/35/18 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S tires. Installed red Cal Covers� from BavAuto. 11/21/07 Added OEM all-weather floor mats (for winter, carpet in summer) and coat rack. 6/26/08 installed M5-style rear spoiler. 6/30/08 put on red reflectors. 8/22/08 Euro turn signal stickers applied. 3/20/09 Installed Shadowline Trim. 3/27/09 Added Matte Black Kidney Grilles from Trinity. 4/03/09 Installed Bimmian Shadow Matte Black 530i Badges. 4/04/09 Installed LED license plate lights from Trinity. 5/01/09 Installed Brabus Interior LED Kit and White Angel Eyes. 5/02/09 Put in Brabus 6K Fogs. 5/14/09 Removed charcoal filter. 5/15/09 Installed light smoke LED side marker lamps from Trinity. 5/21/09 Sprint Booster. 6/12/09 Painted exhaust tips flat black. 6/13/09 Pulled red Cal Covers and painted calipers low gloss black. 6/27/09 RPI Ram Air Scoop from Trinity. 8/15/09 Installed Brabus's silver invisibulbs front and rear. 9/24/09 Installed R-Dash license plate LEDs from Brabaus (John).

I recommend the SB 100%. I enjoy the quicker response with less pedal.
Old 06-29-2010, 06:19 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 550i | Silver-Grey- A08 | Premium - Sport Package | Adaptive Headlights | Logic 7 w/ CD Changer | Bluetooth | Park Distance Control | Xenon Headlights | Comfort Access [s]Sprint Booster V1[/s] | K&N filter - Stock Box w/ Charcoal Filter Removed | Clear Side LED Markers | Matte Black Grilles | RPI Air Scoop | RPI 550i GT Exhaust | 12" Kicker w/ AMP | Headlight Euro Overlays | ACS Rep Roof\Trunk Spoilers |MTEC V2 Angel Eyes | 6000k HID Fog Lights | 19" VMR v710 Stag Wheels | Hankook Ventus V12 Evo K110 Tires | Debadged | LED Courtesy Door Lamps | Sprint Booster V2 | Painted Calipers | M pedals\shift knob | HID License Plate Bulbs | R1 Drilled\Slotted Rotors | Hawk HPS Brakes| ACS replica front lip |

I'm happy with mine. The lag is gone.
Old 06-29-2010, 06:27 AM
Members

Is it true on what he is saying? or is he wrong so i can take that bet for $1000

"the sprint booster is such a dumb idea. All it does is trick your ecu in to thinking your pedal is further down than it actually is, heres a tip that will save you some money, JUST PUSH THE PEDAL FURTHER DOWN, AND FASTER YOURSELF. That will do the exact same thing as the "Sprint Booster". seriously guys i dont know how anyone would consider getting this.

A tune from someone like ESS does do something similar, but it is also actually giving you more power.

I will bet you $1000 that if you put your car on a dyno it will make EXACTLY the same power before and after you installed this thing.

It just takes away any pedal modulation that you had before and makes it operate more like a switch instead of a pedal. If you ask any real high performance driver, you need the pedal modulation in order to drive a car fast. This device is great if you are building a drag E39. but you are not, so i say GARBAGE

DO NOT BUY THIS.

save money and get a REAL TUNE!!!:no no

EDIT: I just checked the prices for this crap.... you have got to be kidding me. A tune from a reputable company is LITERALLY LESS THAN $100 more... just get a real tune

From the official sprintbooster site " you will feel as though your car has more muscle than it really does!" this is just like getting fake air vents, or m5 bages, or turbo sound exhausts."
Old 06-29-2010, 06:29 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by ta0sum
Is it true on what he is saying? or is he wrong so i can take that bet for $1000

"the sprint booster is such a dumb idea. All it does is trick your ecu in to thinking your pedal is further down than it actually is, heres a tip that will save you some money, JUST PUSH THE PEDAL FURTHER DOWN, AND FASTER YOURSELF. That will do the exact same thing as the "Sprint Booster". seriously guys i dont know how anyone would consider getting this.

A tune from someone like ESS does do something similar, but it is also actually giving you more power.

I will bet you $1000 that if you put your car on a dyno it will make EXACTLY the same power before and after you installed this thing.

It just takes away any pedal modulation that you had before and makes it operate more like a switch instead of a pedal. If you ask any real high performance driver, you need the pedal modulation in order to drive a car fast. This device is great if you are building a drag E39. but you are not, so i say GARBAGE

DO NOT BUY THIS.

save money and get a REAL TUNE!!!:no no

EDIT: I just checked the prices for this crap.... you have got to be kidding me. A tune from a reputable company is LITERALLY LESS THAN $100 more... just get a real tune

From the official sprintbooster site " you will feel as though your car has more muscle than it really does!" this is just like getting fake air vents, or m5 bages, or turbo sound exhausts."
Old 06-29-2010, 06:39 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 550i M-sport, retrofitted heated M-sport steering wheel with paddles, Sport-auto transmission

Also, to the extent the ECU perceives you are depressing the throttle faster and further, automatic transmissions will use the performance oriented modes/maps. Again, you get the same result from actually depressing the pedal faster and further, but the SB just makes it more sensitive to input. I wouldn't bother with a SB, but to each their own.
Old 06-29-2010, 07:19 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 E60 523 executive 20"ASA / Bi-Xenon / Full M-tech / LED Angel Eyes / Matte Black Kidney's / LED Side Markers

I drove a couple of months without my SB and now a few with one installed...I personally notice a very big difference when going true the 3 settings...
And " just pressing the pedal harder and faster" doesn't work (for me that is...) The initial lag is still there and pressing the pedal hard makes the car do nothing at first and then it takes off like crazy...with the SB you get the smoother drive without looking like an ass every time you take off...

I know that you get 0 HP gain, but that is not the pint of this device, so why bring it up every time...And if anyone can get a (custom) remap or tune for 100 buck's less than the SB cost me, you are being ripped off (with the tune that is).

But like Wbg550 says...to each his own...I enjoy my SB every day...if you don't like, then don't buy
Old 06-29-2010, 07:34 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2010 VW Passat Wagon 2.0l Tsi Grey/Grey Budapest 18" Lost to HPFP issues: 08 535i sport pkg Lost to Dreaded E61 Sun roof leaks: 07 E61 530Xi

Made a difference on both of my 5's , in fact my wife hardly drove the 535 then drove it with the sb installed and asked if I had spent 1000+ on a Visnu/BMS piggy back. If she noticed it ( knows jack about cars) it made a difference.

Made a big difference on the 530 wagon. The old Slush boxes are very slow compared to the LCI Sport auto boxes.... I know no hp is added , but on the NA tuned cars your options are very limited as are the hp gains with a tune....
Old 06-29-2010, 08:36 AM
Contributors

My Ride: SOLD...Jet Black 2008 550i M Sport with SAT, black interior. RPI exhaust and air scoop, 35% huper optik tint all around, CF roundels, flat black kidneys, Springfield Armory XD-40 jet black in glove box, charcoal filter removed.

I was a hater regarding the SB myself until I finally got one. I have the newer version with the three settings, off - green - red.

I love it. I was surprised how much I loved it. I was in the "just push the pedal harder for the same affect" crowd before. then I installed my SB and can't beleive the difference.

You have to try it out for yourself before you can every possibly know if its for you or not.

Quick Reply: Sprint booster