E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Sports Package for 530i

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2006, 12:24 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 BMW 550i "Ben Hogan's 5 Iron" SilverGrey/Black Sport, L7, NAV, CW, AS, Split FR 2003 Audi A4 3.0 CVT "Part of the Moniker" Silver/Ebony, Prem, CW, Star 17s

Originally Posted by Arjun' post='264698' date='Apr 4 2006, 06:44 PM
I'm planning on getting a 2007 530i for my wife. Since I will eventually inherit the car, I was thinking of getting the Sports Package with it. So I have a couple of questions for the pros here:
  1. Is the suspension upgrade worth it? On our current cars my wife and I both have aftermarket suspension set ups that result in zero body roll. I'm a little wary of OEM suspension upgrades - they're often a lot of $$$ without much of a performance improvement.
  2. How heavy are the 18" wheels? For the amount BMW is charging for them, I could get light weight Volks or WorkEmotions or OZ rims for a lot cheaper.
Also, has anyone here run 17" wheels with the M-Sport kit? How does it look?

Sorry for these noob questions. Thanks in advance!

No question, a must have!!! Actually, its a great value and the car looks super with the 18s.
Old 04-05-2006, 02:45 PM
Members

My Ride: F11 520d white, auto, professional sat-nav with internet, variable damper control, sports steering wheel, extended lighting, retractable tow bar, wing mirrors with dimming & folding, full electric seats with memory & lumber adjustment, etc.
Talking

Hey their is always one! I deliberately decided not to get Sports package not because of looks because I love the style, but I have a bad back and UK roads suck apart from freeways, I had sports suspension on my last car and could feel every uneven surface and pot hole.
Old 04-06-2006, 12:06 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 530i Steptronic, Premium Pkg, Cold Weather Pkg, Sport Pkg, Comfort Seats, Navigation, Logic 7, Sapphire Black, Black Leather, Anthracite Trim, IPOD Integration Produced Sept 5, 2005 CIP 24

Originally Posted by Arjun' post='264698' date='Apr 5 2006, 02:44 AM
I'm planning on getting a 2007 530i for my wife. Since I will eventually inherit the car, I was thinking of getting the Sports Package with it. So I have a couple of questions for the pros here:
  1. Is the suspension upgrade worth it? On our current cars my wife and I both have aftermarket suspension set ups that result in zero body roll. I'm a little wary of OEM suspension upgrades - they're often a lot of $$$ without much of a performance improvement.
  2. How heavy are the 18" wheels? For the amount BMW is charging for them, I could get light weight Volks or WorkEmotions or OZ rims for a lot cheaper.

Old 04-06-2006, 12:09 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 530i Steptronic, Premium Pkg, Cold Weather Pkg, Sport Pkg, Comfort Seats, Navigation, Logic 7, Sapphire Black, Black Leather, Anthracite Trim, IPOD Integration Produced Sept 5, 2005 CIP 24

I had the same dilemma when I purchased my 530i. I ended up geting the sports package even though I could not test drive one here in Germany through the Military Sales Program. I ended up paying extra for the comfort seats which are now included. By far, the comfort seats are the most comfortable seats I have ever experienced in a car. The ARS is outstanding!!!!!! INCREDIBLE!!!!! You won't be dissappointed. The non-sport package is only smoother because of the regular tires. IMO....not the suspension. I did test drive a 525i non-sport.

Old 04-06-2006, 08:39 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Without reading what fellow members have to say about the subject
here's my north European view of the matter.

The sportpac seem to have a lot of benefits in the US, but...

But if you are more into comfort the sportpac is not recommend.

A 530i (a lovely 3.0 litre six-in-line engine) should be chosen with autotrans
and not bigger than 225/50 17" wheels.
The 17" wheels do not look nice on the sportpac, you need minimi 18" but rather 19"!

I would say put your money on the inside comfort!

Get Comfort Seats, Logic 7 and whatever your wife (and you) like.

Maybe you can order Individual Series overthere?

If you have slippry conditions in the wintertime buy the 530xiA version.

Good luck with your buy.