E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

sport steptronic

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2007, 01:14 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 535i: June 6th start build, complete June 17th, at NY Port July 5th, at dealer July 10th, took delivery Friday July 13- Plantimum Bronze/Natural Brown Leather/Light Poplar, Sport Package, Sport Auto, Active Steering, Premium Package, CWP & PDC. Dinan Performance Software 384hp & 421 ft/lbs.

What's the latest on the sport steptronic. Is it still a summer availability. Anyone drive a 535 yet, maybe euro version, or do they all start production in March. I asked about extending my lease and they came back with $1450 a month.
Old 02-28-2007, 04:43 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550i ZSP with Style 167 wheels

Originally Posted by pennetta' post='396847' date='Feb 28 2007, 04:14 PM
What's the latest on the sport steptronic. Is it still a summer availability. Anyone drive a 535 yet, maybe euro version, or do they all start production in March. I asked about extending my lease and they came back with $1450 a month.
The latest from BMW is in the '08 pricing guide. No more information on the Sport Automatic other than what's already been released.

You won't find a 535 twin turbo (gas engine) in Europe. US only. You won't find a 535d (diesel) in the US, Europe only. :thumbsdown:

Lou
Old 02-28-2007, 05:12 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by pennetta' post='396847' date='Feb 28 2007, 05:14 PM
June production, my friend...but drop the word "steptronic" -- it's a sport automatic now! I'm going to try to get an early June production slot here soon now that pricing, etc. has been formally announced. It'll be fun to see how many of us have our cars on the same boat coming across the pond this summer -- 3 years ago, my car shared a berth with JDN's car.

As far as extending your lease, when is it up and, if you don't mind my asking, what are you paying now? I don't have my numbers yet but twice in the past, I've had to extend a lease through BMWFS and the payment stayed the same (even though technically they should have lowered it...) I think as long as you have a new car on order, there isn't any problem with extending things at the same rate. Maybe they quoted you a higher price because you don't have a car on order yet? Someone here will know the deal with that, I'm sure...
Old 02-28-2007, 07:40 PM
Members

As I read the '08 release info, my understanding is the first 535's to be produced will have a steptronic trans if you select it as an option, but there is a new "sport automatic" transmission that will not be available untill june.
Old 02-28-2007, 08:19 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by enelrojo' post='396998' date='Feb 28 2007, 11:40 PM
As I read the '08 release info, my understanding is the first 535's to be produced will have a steptronic trans if you select it as an option, but there is a new "sport automatic" transmission that will not be available untill june.
You are correct...I was just having some fun with pennetta (a fellow SMG'er.) It seems that BMW isn't using the word steptronic when it makes reference to the new sport automatic...
Old 03-01-2007, 06:36 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535i: June 6th start build, complete June 17th, at NY Port July 5th, at dealer July 10th, took delivery Friday July 13- Plantimum Bronze/Natural Brown Leather/Light Poplar, Sport Package, Sport Auto, Active Steering, Premium Package, CWP & PDC. Dinan Performance Software 384hp & 421 ft/lbs.

Originally Posted by Rudy' post='396949' date='Feb 28 2007, 09:12 PM
June production, my friend...but drop the word "steptronic" -- it's a sport automatic now! I'm going to try to get an early June production slot here soon now that pricing, etc. has been formally announced. It'll be fun to see how many of us have our cars on the same boat coming across the pond this summer -- 3 years ago, my car shared a berth with JDN's car.

As far as extending your lease, when is it up and, if you don't mind my asking, what are you paying now? I don't have my numbers yet but twice in the past, I've had to extend a lease through BMWFS and the payment stayed the same (even though technically they should have lowered it...) I think as long as you have a new car on order, there isn't any problem with extending things at the same rate. Maybe they quoted you a higher price because you don't have a car on order yet? Someone here will know the deal with that, I'm sure...
I'm currently paying $850 mo with everything rolled in. My past experience has been the same as yours where its been the same or less. They said that they were being very conservative on the new residuals with the 545's which increases the montly payment. They did say that I had a two month grace period after my lease expiration no matter what brand of car I was getting next and they also said that they would extend my same terms for an additional 6 months if I did order a car and it did not come in yet or was not available yet because I was waiting for an option like the Sport Auto which was not available now.
Old 03-01-2007, 06:49 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550, Carbon Black Metallic, Natural Brown Dakota Leather, Sport Package, Sport Automatic Transmission, Cold Weather Package, Power Rear and Manual Side Sun Shades, etc. Retired - 2004 545 SMG, Black Sapphire Metallic, Auburn Dakota Leather, Cold Weather and Sports Packages, Power Rear and Manual Side Sun Shades

Originally Posted by Rudy' post='396949' date='Feb 28 2007, 09:12 PM

Rudy

Have you made a final decision yet? I am leaning towards a new 550, but still may opt for a 535. (My lease expires in Spetemeber). I am waitingto here some reports on the costs and results of tuning. From the little I have read on the 335, it is very tunable for relatively little money.
Old 03-01-2007, 06:59 AM
Contributors

I am seriously considering the 535 Sport but will wait for the Sport Auto trans. 300hp/300ft lbs is adequate but the clincher is the staggard wheels which in my opinion transforms the look of the car. I would rather not go over $850 mo which is what I am now paying.
Old 03-01-2007, 07:07 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by robg' post='397136' date='Mar 1 2007, 10:49 AM
Rudy

Have you made a final decision yet? I am leaning towards a new 550, but still may opt for a 535. (My lease expires in Spetemeber). I am waitingto here some reports on the costs and results of tuning. From the little I have read on the 335, it is very tunable for relatively little money.
I haven't ordered yet (lease up in April) but I'm leaning heavily towards a 550i with sport automatic. I'm a creature of habit so it's likely going to be Alpine White, etc. and loaded up with most options...
Old 03-01-2007, 07:16 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Rudy' post='397145' date='Mar 1 2007, 11:07 AM
I haven't ordered yet (lease up in April) but I'm leaning heavily towards a 550i with sport automatic. I'm a creature of habit so it's likely going to be Alpine White, etc. and loaded up with most options...
I saw the two page MY2008 5 Series pricing, is there anything more elaborate that shows all of the options (xenon's etc.) for the 535 and 550?

Quick Reply: sport steptronic