E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

sport package or navigation

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2005, 04:34 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i am ordering my new 530i this wed please help i am changing my wheels to 19 inch so iam wondering if i should just get shadowline after car is delievered. i am also wondering how much of a difference there is in the sport seats. iam going to sit in both. the bottom line is options are so expesive iam trying to squeeze nav into my budget. if i only order prem and no sport because iam changing the 18 inch wheels anyway to 19 inch. iam basically paying for sport but only using shadowline active roll stabilization and sport stabilazation and sport seats. i would appreciate opinions. pros and cons or just stay with in my budget and forget the nav. i like the bigger screen with nav i am getting sat so i wonder if that screen is same or reg size. i guess i should stick with this opinions premium package,sport package premium sound, sat,comfort access . suggestions please thanks
Old 11-14-2005, 04:40 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by goldenwing' post='198335' date='Nov 14 2005, 08:34 PM
i am ordering my new 530i this wed please help i am changing my wheels to 19 inch so iam wondering if i should just get shadowline after car is delievered. i am also wondering how much of a difference there is in the sport seats. iam going to sit in both. the bottom line is options are so expesive iam trying to squeeze nav into my budget. if i only order prem and no sport because iam changing the 18 inch wheels anyway to 19 inch. iam basically paying for sport but only using shadowline active roll stabilization and sport stabilazation and sport seats. i would appreciate opinions. pros and cons or just stay with in my budget and forget the nav. i like the bigger screen with nav i am getting sat so i wonder if that screen is same or reg size. i guess i should stick with this opinions premium package,sport package premium sound, sat,comfort access . suggestions please thanks
My suggestion is blow the budget. What difference can the price of Nav make on a monthly basis--whether purchased, leased, or bought for cash? If I had to, then I'd do without the nav. Then, I'd buy 19" wheels/PS2s and put the originals back on when disposing of the car or when taking trips. Finally, sell the 19's or put them on your next 5XXi.
Old 11-14-2005, 05:11 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 525i, Titanium, Automatic, Sportsuspension, Nav, Satellite, HUD, Phone Kit, 19" wheels 245 front 275 rear.

Originally Posted by goldenwing' post='198335' date='Nov 14 2005, 08:34 PM
I have have a 2006 525i with Sports Seats with the Sports Package as well as the Navigation and BMW 19" Wheels.All I can tell you I would not want to be without any of them. I had a 2004 525i without the Sports package and seats...let me tell you "Get it all"!
Old 11-14-2005, 05:25 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2013 535i (White with Oyster Interior. Premium Package, Navigation, Technology Pacakge, Park Distance Control, and Rear View Camera)

I love the sports package. But I don't really care about the sports seats. I rather take the normal seats.
Old 11-14-2005, 05:38 PM
Contributors

Since you are changing wheels and tires - you can get both - sell the 18's for the $1800 Nav costs! ;-)
Old 11-14-2005, 06:09 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '06 530i Silver Gray/Black, Sport, Prem., Logic 7, Cold Weather, Auto, M Aero package, Nav, Comfort Seats, IPod aux

Sports package is a must IMO. You can always upgrade to 19" later but you can't add Sports Package later.

I would prioritize: Sports package, Nav, 19" wheels----but, hey, that's what makes this fun. Everybody has a different opinion. Good luck with your choices.
Old 11-14-2005, 06:13 PM
Contributors

if you really need to make a choice? spt pkg is great. You can always get a map for $14
Old 11-14-2005, 06:21 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2010 750Li M sport

If I had to choose one I would always choose the sport package, regardless of what wheels I might add. I would want the sport tuned suspension. Keep the wheels that come with the sport package and get the Nav if your really want it.
Old 11-14-2005, 06:24 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '04 BMW E60 530 black/black '05 Porsche Cayene S Black/gold 05' BMW M5 05' Bentley CGT

Originally Posted by Green-Crayon' post='198357' date='Nov 14 2005, 08:38 PM
Since you are changing wheels and tires - you can get both - sell the 18's for the $1800 Nav costs! ;-)
what he said
Old 11-14-2005, 10:29 PM
Members

Originally Posted by markt540i' post='198371' date='Nov 14 2005, 10:21 PM
If I had to choose one I would always choose the sport package, regardless of what wheels I might add. I would want the sport tuned suspension. Keep the wheels that come with the sport package and get the Nav if your really want it.

This is a very good point. ARS / Sports Suspension, that is the major difference you will be giving up if you don't get the sports package. Also the Sports Seats are great and will give you the support you need. The standard BMW seats are OK, but they don't give that snug fit the sports seats do.

I regret not getting the Sports Package in my 530xi (even if it doesn't have ARS / Sports Suspension). I miss the sports seats and 18" rims. The Nav is great, but only used once in a while.

Quick Reply: sport package or navigation