E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speaker Sizes

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2006, 09:21 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone have speaker sizes for all the speakers in the cars? Front Doors + Tweeters? Back Door? Back Parcel Shelf Speakers? Underseat Subs? I want to replace all my speakers and add two subs with a 2ch sub amp. Also is there and amp that can amplify all speakers? I'm trying to go all SONY in my car. Thanks for any help.
Old 07-16-2006, 10:18 AM
Senior Members

Well it kind of depends on what factory system you went with to begin with (standard, L7, etc.), at least in terms of where the speakers are placed and what kind of amp you're going to need. But every speaker in the car is a 4" speaker, the tweeters are 1.75", and the subs are 8".
Old 07-16-2006, 10:52 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Perfectly correct!
Old 07-16-2006, 08:40 PM
Members

FYI
I talked to Bavarian Autosound in Atlanta and they have a 4" Morel (very good driver) that will bolt right into factory 4" locations, including the center channel. Same bolt pattern.
Old 07-17-2006, 02:36 AM
Contributors

Thanks for the reply, but it still doesn't give me enough details to buy the speakers. So far, I've bought and amp for the two subs that i bought as well. Now I need to know about speakers. Can someone please check this site and tell me which one I can get? I look under 4" and there's 5-1/4" and 6-3/4" and I'm not sure which one to get. Please help me out. Also if anyone can recommend any better sony speakers, that'll be great. But I don't want to have to modify anything on my door, just simple take out old speaker and put in new speaker. Thanks for all your help.
Old 07-17-2006, 06:30 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW 530i-

Sony does not make great speakers IMHO. I would look for another brand. In the car speaker world, you get what you pay for most of the time.
Old 07-17-2006, 06:35 AM
Contributors

I'm looking at SONY because one of my friend is testing a small concept that he came up with that might allow car sound systems to be completely wireless from a center module. Currently he's testing out SONY which is why I need to get SONY speakers that fits my car so he can test it out on my car. But this evening he called and say that Pioneers and SONY would be the first ones he'll test out on, cuz they're very cheap and abundant. I really like his idea because I've had my share of bad experience with wiring aftermarket sound systems and I have to say that its a big hassle, so if his idea works out, it might just be the new way to go.
Old 07-17-2006, 05:25 PM
Members

Originally Posted by 525iSE' post='311716' date='Jul 17 2006, 09:35 AM
I'm looking at SONY because one of my friend is testing a small concept that he came up with that might allow car sound systems to be completely wireless from a center module. Currently he's testing out SONY which is why I need to get SONY speakers that fits my car so he can test it out on my car. But this evening he called and say that Pioneers and SONY would be the first ones he'll test out on, cuz they're very cheap and abundant. I really like his idea because I've had my share of bad experience with wiring aftermarket sound systems and I have to say that its a big hassle, so if his idea works out, it might just be the new way to go.
It surely sounds like a good idea, but wouldn't that require individual amps and signal receivers for each speaker, which in-turn will require a power source and thus additional wiring?
Old 07-17-2006, 06:55 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by joseyu' post='311992' date='Jul 17 2006, 06:25 PM
It surely sounds like a good idea, but wouldn't that require individual amps and signal receivers for each speaker, which in-turn will require a power source and thus additional wiring?
Yeah I'm kinda curious how he's gunna do that too. I also don't see why the type of speaker would matter, they all work the same way don't they? Granted they use different materials and different designs, but isn't all the physics the same?

Either way, I don't believe sony makes a 4" speaker, so you're either gunna have to modify the door, or get different speakers and hope the wireless concept still applies. Sony does have 3.5" speakers which I'm sure you could make fit with the proper mounting bracket. Although they are 2-ways so they would really only work for your rear speakers. They are the Sony XS-W3521 and they run between $30-45. 25 Watts RMS, 120 Watts Peak. They're decent, but I wouldn't swap my BMW speakers for them.
Old 07-17-2006, 07:03 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2011 E92 335i M-Sport 6MT

Will this help?

Logic_7.pdf

Quick Reply: Speaker Sizes