E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sounds of silence!...Door seals!

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2005, 10:00 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 Mystic Blue 530i. Sport package, Auto, Premium package, xenon headlights. Mods to come!

Ahhhh the Sounds of Silence!

"Hello darkness, my old friend
I've come to talk with you again
Because a vision softly creeping
Left its seeds while I was sleeping
And the vision that was planted in my brain
Still remains
Within the sound of silence"

Just had my baby in for new door seals all the way around and I can't believe what a difference it made! I was so used to the creaking and squeeks that I was sort of obliovious to them. Others would comment on them and I just turned up the radio! Now it's like a whole new world! The silence is golden!!!!!!
Old 08-26-2005, 10:13 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 545iA Jet Black, Black, Sport, Prem Sound, PDC, Rear sunshades, integrated phone, Sirius, Huper Optik tint, Euro Reflectors

Great news. I'm having mine replaced on Monday and am hoping for similar results. Now, let's just hope that the creaks don't reoccur after a month or so like some others here have been reporting.
Old 08-26-2005, 10:18 AM
Members

Mine is in the shop for one new seal and new runflats. I'm definitely looking forward to some silence as well. JJ.
Old 08-26-2005, 10:23 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Had mine done six weeks ago, so far so good... I lived with those damn doors for so long, the silence is deafening when you get the car back. Of course now I think I here an occasional rattle from the rear window shelf, similar to what others have described. Maybe I'm just being paranoid!
Old 08-26-2005, 10:29 AM
SDS
Members

My Ride: 2006 530 xi, Black Sapphire Metallic, Auburn Leather,poplar grain wood trimi, prem. pkg., prem. sound pkg., cold weather pkg., steptronic auto. trans., front comfort seats, split folding rear seats w/ski bag,rear heated seating, power rear sunshade and manual rear side window shades, park distance control, BMW on-board navigation system and satellite radio.

Originally Posted by Hpdrifter' date='Aug 26 2005, 02:00 PM
Ahhhh the Sounds of Silence!

"Hello darkness, my old friend
I've come to talk with you again
Because a vision softly creeping
Left its seeds while I was sleeping
And the vision that was planted in my brain
Still remains
Within the sound of silence"

? ? Just had my baby in for new door seals all the way around and I can't believe what a difference it made! I was so used to the creaking and squeeks that I was sort of obliovious to them. Others would comment on them and I just turned up the radio! Now it's like a whole new world! The silence is golden!!!!!!
[snapback]163700[/snapback]
I think I've graduated to antoher designation, but I still feel like a "newbie" nonetheless.
Is this problem with door seals a "2004" issue? Or does something happen over time? I have an "06" 530xi.
Old 08-26-2005, 10:37 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Some guy here on the board has gone to dealer 6 times for door seal fix. We'll wait to see when the squeak coming back. I hope not.
Old 08-26-2005, 12:29 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2011 550 AW 2005 530AW GONE

That would be me. They finally had an FSA look at it and said that they would just lube the new seals I had replaced with carboflo. There is a revised Service Bulletin to the June 05 bulletin that was posted here. I can't tell you what the SB# or date is, but I did get my ass handed to me after showing the FSA the old bulletin. Hey, got the car back and silence for now.
Old 08-26-2005, 12:35 PM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

What do you mean by got my ass handed to me by the FSA for showing him the old bulliten?
Old 08-26-2005, 12:49 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2011 550 AW 2005 530AW GONE

basically told me that if I didn't have accurate information I shouldn't be complaining trying to outsmart the SA and the dealer. I had no reply for that one.
Old 08-27-2005, 06:54 AM
Members

My Ride: 2007 530i Silver Grey (premium, sport, nav)

I too had my seals replaced last week. After a year, I finally had it with the severe creaking sounds, when friends started asking "whats that sound??". Can't believe I waited that long?? At first, the dealer said they would not replace the seals until they tried treating the current seals with lube. I told them alot of people say that's only a short term fix. My seals were so bad that even the lube still did not cure th problem. They thankfully ordered the new seals and the SILENCE is GOLDEN!! Driving over areas that used to creak in dolby surround sound, are now GONE. Like many others, I hope this is not just a short term cure of creaks. If you have time to take your car in, it's so worth it even if it only lasts short term

Quick Reply: Sounds of silence!...Door seals!