E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

SOS Malfunction after tinting the windows

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2006, 01:08 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 525i : Alpine White, Steptronic, Black Interior with Amethyst Leather & Popular Grain Brown, 17" 122-Style Rims, Adaptive Bi-Xenon Headlights, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Advanced A/C, Sports Steering Wheel, Electrically Adjustable Steering Column, Extended Lighting Package, PDC, Sliding Armrest, Bus Navi, Hi-Fi Sound System (MP3 DVDs), CD Changer, Rear Sunshades.. MODS:M-tech front bumper, Painted Grill, Installed Aux-In, Garage Door Opener (Overhead Compartement), ///M Steering wheel, Wood hand brake trim, Wood gear-shift lever. 35% Tint all around.. Got, ACS Roof Spoiler, but not installed..

i have a feeling...that after having a new radio...and a recode...if you tell them u want mp3 they will activate it....be sure to tell them...dont just hope for it
Old 03-21-2006, 05:02 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Wow so BMW is willing to help you replace all this stuff when it was kinda "your fault" that the radio broke? Or did they figure out it wasnt your fault and it just so happened at the same time that the radio broke?
Old 03-21-2006, 09:17 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 525i : Alpine White, Steptronic, Black Interior with Amethyst Leather & Popular Grain Brown, 17" 122-Style Rims, Adaptive Bi-Xenon Headlights, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Advanced A/C, Sports Steering Wheel, Electrically Adjustable Steering Column, Extended Lighting Package, PDC, Sliding Armrest, Bus Navi, Hi-Fi Sound System (MP3 DVDs), CD Changer, Rear Sunshades.. MODS:M-tech front bumper, Painted Grill, Installed Aux-In, Garage Door Opener (Overhead Compartement), ///M Steering wheel, Wood hand brake trim, Wood gear-shift lever. 35% Tint all around.. Got, ACS Roof Spoiler, but not installed..

to be honest i dont think it was his fault..
or maybe some water went where it shouldnt...
but since the cd player isnt working....i dont think it was his fault...
Old 03-21-2006, 09:29 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Right I dont think tint has anything to do with it... but liek you said... if water got into some palce where it shouldnt... its not BMWs fault... its the tint places fault. So thats why I'm suprised that BMW is taking care if it. Unless he got the tint from BMW.
Old 03-21-2006, 09:38 PM
Contributors

Sorry to be off the subject, but, BMW.Aaron, what wheels are on the E60 on your avatar please?
Old 03-22-2006, 07:07 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 530i Xenon, Sport, Premium, Automatic, Logic 7, Orient Blue & Auburn Dakota Leather with Dark Poplar Wood Trim

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' post='258327' date='Mar 22 2006, 01:29 AM
Right I dont think tint has anything to do with it... but liek you said... if water got into some palce where it shouldnt... its not BMWs fault... its the tint places fault. So thats why I'm suprised that BMW is taking care if it. Unless he got the tint from BMW.
It's nobody fault. I was at the tint place when they were doing the job. They were very professional doing their work. Water didnt go to the TCU. The TCU got damaged by itself the same way a lot people have TCU problem without any water going to the trunk

Also the radio works fine so i'm not getting a new radio just a new TCU and software upgrade
Old 03-22-2006, 07:17 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 530i Xenon, Sport, Premium, Automatic, Logic 7, Orient Blue & Auburn Dakota Leather with Dark Poplar Wood Trim

Originally Posted by Blackonblackonblack' post='258328' date='Mar 22 2006, 01:38 AM
Sorry to be off the subject, but, BMW.Aaron, what wheels are on the E60 on your avatar please?
It just a picture of the M5 in my favorite color. Go to this link My Avatar to see a better image
Old 03-22-2006, 07:33 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2001 BMW330ci, Steel Gray, Black leather, Steptronic, PP, SP, PDC, Heated seats, Xenon head lights, HK, 6 disk changer, OEM alarm, OEM clears,Iice white fog lights ,Universal trasnciver, 17 inch Michelin Pilot Sport Tires 2005 530i Titanium Gray,Black leather, Nav.,HUD,PP,CWP,SP,PDC,Xenon lights,Steptronic,Logic 7 sound system,,Fold down read seats,Power shades ON ORDER

Originally Posted by BMW.Aaron.TeamF1' post='258435' date='Mar 22 2006, 11:07 AM
It's nobody fault. I was at the tint place when they were doing the job. They were very professional doing their work. Water didnt go to the TCU. The TCU got damaged by itself the same way a lot people have TCU problem without any water going to the trunk

Also the radio works fine so i'm not getting a new radio just a new TCU and software upgrade
Glad everything is resolved. Being that you got a new TCU Unit every once in awhile hit the SOS button to see if you can get through to BMW Assist,if you get through ask them for a location.If you can't get through you know that you have trouble with your TCU Unit again. Thats how I found out I was having the problems and finally on # 5 it was corrected and everything is working fine but I still check with BMW Assist once in awhile. Good luck
cheers
vern
Old 03-22-2006, 07:39 AM
Contributors

Cool so it was just bad luck that it happened at the same time you got your tints. Glad to hear it wasnt caused by the tinters.
Old 03-22-2006, 08:14 AM
Members

Originally Posted by vern' post='258445' date='Mar 22 2006, 11:33 AM
Glad everything is resolved. Being that you got a new TCU Unit every once in awhile hit the SOS button to see if you can get through to BMW Assist,if you get through ask them for a location.If you can't get through you know that you have trouble with your TCU Unit again. Thats how I found out I was having the problems and finally on # 5 it was corrected and everything is working fine but I still check with BMW Assist once in awhile. Good luck
cheers
vern

I tryed the SOS button two month ago to test and it didn't connected to BMW Assist. I guess I was having trouble with the TCU back then but the radio was working before so I didnt bother to get it fix at all because I didnt know it was broken. I also thought that the SOS only work for the first free year and then I have to pay to be able to connect

Quick Reply: SOS Malfunction after tinting the windows