E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Sorry, but what Door Squeaks???

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2005, 08:25 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guys, seems like every other post is on door squeaks so I thought I'd add one too.

I have had a 530 since May of 2004 and have never heard any door squeaks. In fact the car is deathly quiet except for some driver seat squeaks that I can get rid of by moving the seat position all the way back and then all the way up before returning to my normal driving position.

Am I just lucky to not have the door squeaks? What does it sound like and when does it occur the most?

Thanks.
Old 06-06-2005, 08:31 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by Stu in Austin' date='Jun 6 2005, 09:25 AM
Guys, seems like every other post is on door squeaks so I thought I'd add one too.

I have had a 530 since May of 2004 and have never heard any door squeaks.? In fact the car is deathly quiet except for some driver seat squeaks that I can get rid of by moving the seat position all the way back and then all the way up before returning to my normal driving position.

Am I just lucky to not have the door squeaks?? What do the sound like and when do they occur the most?

Thanks.
[snapback]136707[/snapback]
you're lucky - mine squeaks and rattles like hell at the minute. I need to get it in to have the seals changed in the not too distant. Mine started out quiet as well - but when the squeaks started, they got progressively worse.
Old 06-14-2005, 08:14 AM
Members

Don't worry, your squeeks are coming. Mine just started last week. I took delivery in Apr-04.

I'm now trying to find the solution because it is unbelievably annoying!
Old 06-14-2005, 08:21 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: GONE BUT NOT FOGOTTEN : 530d SE Auto : Titanium Grey / Anthracite Leather, Poplar Trim, 18in 123 Style Alloys, Adaptive Bi-Xenons, Business Nav, Hi-Fi Speaker Package, Heated seats, Split-Fold Rear Seats LR DISCO 3 HSE with everything (including 3 kids)

Originally Posted by Stu in Austin' date='Jun 6 2005, 04:25 PM

I have had a 530 since May of 2004 and have never heard any door squeaks.? In fact the car is deathly quiet except for some driver seat squeaks that I can get rid of by moving the seat position all the way back and then all the way up before returning to my normal driving position.

Am I just lucky to not have the door squeaks?? What does it sound like and when does it occur the most?

Thanks.
[snapback]136707[/snapback]

Lucky guy - I hope that it stays that way.

The sound that you get is like a creaking/groaning that comes from the windows (not unlike short burts of muffled heavy rain). If you open the window just slightly then it goes away. At its worst I had it on all 4 windows at once - the noise actually caused me to stop the car and look around it.

Many of us report it as being related to occuring just after you wash / wax the car. It seems that one wax gets into the felt door seals then you are sunk.
Old 06-14-2005, 08:23 AM
Members

My noise is right on the Window Area Seal and it is very annoying! It only seems to be there on turns at slow speeds and sounds like a Creeking type of sound. Also, my steering wheel sqeeks when turned.

Any solutions or is it something we will always have to deal with?
Old 06-14-2005, 08:41 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: GONE BUT NOT FOGOTTEN : 530d SE Auto : Titanium Grey / Anthracite Leather, Poplar Trim, 18in 123 Style Alloys, Adaptive Bi-Xenons, Business Nav, Hi-Fi Speaker Package, Heated seats, Split-Fold Rear Seats LR DISCO 3 HSE with everything (including 3 kids)

Solutions, in order of preference :

a) BMW can fit new seals if you complain enough.

b) BMW lubrticate the seals with carbaflo (which lasts for one day to a month depending on luck). If they try to do this then complain more.

c) various other home-brew solutions such as using Rejex in the door frame can help as a short term fix to save you from having to put the car in the dealers.
Old 06-14-2005, 01:40 PM
Members

My Ride: Due in May 2005 - 535d sport, Silver Grey, Grey Dakota Leather, Maple Wood, Xenons, Adaptive Headlights, High Gloss Shadow Line, 6 CD Changer, M Rear Spoiler

Have just had my first experience of creaking doors. Sprayed the seals with a silicone lubricant and so far so good
Old 06-14-2005, 07:25 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Now Driving a Freakin' Prius! Was... 2004 545i | SMG | White/Black | Sport | NAV | Logic 7 | PDC | Fold-down Seats | Adaptive Headlights | Cold Weather Pkg | Clear-again Bra | Mud Flaps | Bluetooth | Coat Hangar | Aux Input | All Weather Mats | 18"X8.5" BBS RK w/ Michelin Pilot Alpin's (winter) | New steering rack @ 1.2K & 17K miles| Software V.19.1 | B&B Exhaust (vrrrroooooommm!) <---Click.

Had the carbaflo done twice now (last time was a few months ago). Creaking is now worse than ever and now coming from both sides. Probably the change in climate here in MA. I'm not sure what's worse, the creaking doors or the roar of the Dunlops? Soon they will both overpower the Logic 7.
It's too bad that I love driving the car so much otherwise I'd be really pissed.