E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

SON OF GOD nail in tire!

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2011, 02:39 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: check siggg

saw you message on fb man. that sucks! as long as its not on the sidewall most tireshops will/can fix it. it should be relatively cheap as well. i know a shop in my area that will patch a tire for 20 dollars.
Old 06-24-2011, 02:52 PM
Senior Members

The tire is flat and the damn error has arrived. I will take it to midas/mavis whatever is near me tomorrow (I forgot lol). The picture makes the bolt look really big. We had a contractor working on stuff this Wednesday I was in Baltimore. I just got home today and I found 3 screws on the driveway. Guess I missed one.

Should I put the spare on? The tire place is literally 4 miles away.
Old 06-24-2011, 03:03 PM
Senior Members

Thats fcked up sometimes it feels you can never get ahead always having something to repair.

On a lighter note I would blame that rock, it was probably lonely
Old 06-24-2011, 05:13 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by 545IblupasdU
Thats fcked up sometimes it feels you can never get ahead always having something to repair.

On a lighter note I would blame that rock, it was probably lonely
LOL at rock.

I called the BMW assistance because it was raining and I did not feel like getting dirty. This tow truck driver came out. First thing the guy says "Why do you have this piece of shit?". Then he bitched about BMW for the next 25 min. I asked him what he drives?....he said "American"..."1991 Astro, 1995 Jeep, 1997 Windstar".
Old 06-24-2011, 05:34 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW 550i

settle down. if the bolt diameter isnt too big, you can patch it yourself with a $4 kit from the store. or worse case, you pay a shop. a few more dollars.
Old 06-24-2011, 05:57 PM
Senior Members

definitely a repairable job; most place will charge around $ 15-20 for the patch job from the inside. If you bought the tires from a local tire shop, bring it to them. Most likely they will patch it up for free. If you can hear the hissing sound, you will get the low tire pressure message by Monday.
Old 06-24-2011, 10:19 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Discount tires in Houston pulls nails/screws and patches for free. It can be patched as long as your tread isn't super low, and it isn't in the sidewall.
Old 06-24-2011, 10:26 PM
pcy
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: '06 530i, '07 C280 4matic, '98 ML320

if the diameter of the screw is big, it's best to remove the wheel [from the tire] and clean inside of the tire where the hole is and have them put a patch dipped in that super sticky glue. Pepboys does free flat tire repair if you are member of their club. There is no cost to becoming a member.

Most other tire repair facilities will probably charge you around $20 to put a patch in. Based on what I see in the photo, there is no reason why they can't repair that tire.
Old 06-25-2011, 07:27 AM
Members

Second that - I just went through the same thing last week. Pieces of **** at the local Canuck Tire say it's too close to the sidewall.... nope... f'ing screw was dead center of the tire.... $28 dollars later from the local Goodyear and I'm driving away happy.
This is easily repairable... your photo shows it's not near the sidewall. Put the spare on and drive over... no need to risk damaging the tire anymore if it's a fast leak. Sounds like your towtruck driver had quite the car collection. hahahahahhaa
Old 06-25-2011, 07:37 AM
Members

$280 for a tire repair is ridiculous... if it was a replacement that's not so bad... if a repair,, those guys are crooks. ...... I didn't mention that Canuck Tire offered me a new tire for $282 + install and tax....close to $500.... the tire retails for $141 at a respectable tire shop and they'll install etc for about $300 all in.. I've made it a rule of thumb to visit the "forums" - either the other bimmer one (not to be mentioned here!) when I had my 3 or 5series.net with my new 5. I never trust what any "service advisor" tells me... always research and wait.

I could tell horror stories about my Magnum.... chrysler service is just a lie and steal operation. Brought it in right before warranty was up... nothing wrong.. i get and alignment and the fuel system cleaned and tranny and coolant flushed.. brought it back just out of warranty... a month later... for an oil change... I mention that they didn't align it properly....well now I need new tierods, this that and the other.... needless to say I asked for their service manager or the owner of the dealership and outlined those latter details... he went to "speak" to the tech.. and comes back and says it will all be taken care of... here's a loaner. I told him to get ****ed and hailed a cab home and gave him a stern warning that he best not have to see me again until my next oil change... didn't make it to the next oil change. I dumped that piece of garbage and got a bimmer.... I've heard complaints about BMW service and have had experience... but never have I experienced lies or bait and switch. Moral of my rant is ..Be careful with these "service" people.... it's a sad sad industry... and those that are truly good and honest are sullied by all the do***ebags out there.

Quick Reply: SON OF GOD nail in tire!