E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Something amazing just happened

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2005, 02:20 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi All.

My 530 was originally delivered on 19th Feb 2004. I had been disappointed as I had wanted head up display and Bluetooth, but at the time of order (November 2003) although they were listed as available I was told that I couldn?t have them as there had been various problems.

As a substitute for the Bluetooth phone I went for the Professional Telephone option, as at least I?d get a phone.

I had also ordered Professional Nav, and Logic 7 Hifi, which were listed with extended voice.

I took delivery of the car minus these items all the same, as I didn?t want to delay the delivery of the car by a few months.

During the course of the year a few issues came up:

MP3 - as we all know it didn?t work.
Bluetooth - still unavailable
Most important of all - Extended voice control wasn't there. Even the voice dial for the phone didn?t work.

After a software upgrade another issue came up - There was a problem with the Audio system - Even if you had previously turned it off, when you got back in the car it turned itself on again. (It sounds trivial but it drives you nuts after a while)

The Salesman (Alan Senior) at Premier Cars (my local dealer) was really helpful. I kept on his case and he kept chasing the issues through with BMW Customer Service UK (Bracknall?) but we kept being told that a service pack may sort it, but nobody was sure when these service packs would materialise. A date of September 2004 was given, but when that date came no service pack that fixed it was available.

I got to the stage where I was seriously considering taking BMW to court over the whole thing.

Suddenly, out of the blue, at the beginning of December I got a call from Alan:

BMW were going to replace my car - for free. I was staggered. I asked him about 10 times what the catch was, but there was none. All I needed to do was pay for the HUD (which as it wasn't available at the time, I hadn?t paid for) and I would get a new car.

Now at that time I?d racked up 21,900 miles and so you have to figure that there is some kind of price to pay right? This is 53,000 GBP worth of car! Wrong - I got a completely new car, at no cost.

I picked it up yesterday and I have to say I'm delighted.

I didn't check if MP3 worked now, but to be honest I don?t care now. Everything else does.

Whatever I may have been thinking of BMW over the last year I take back. I'm staggered that they would do what they did. This really is customer service to the extreme.

Buy another BMW - you bet
Recommend BMW - definitely
Recommend Premier Cars (Llandudno Junction - North Wales, UK - Ask for Alan!!) - anytime
Think BWM Customer Service UK are amazing - Most defiantly.

Phil.. (One very very very very happy customer.)
Old 01-21-2005, 02:34 AM
Contributors

My Ride: -04 530D

THIS IS WHAT I CALL customer service! Sorry about shouting. But when I have red all problems what people have had (SueBMW) there has to be some catch! Or maybe dealer made some deal with BMW.

Skaffa
Old 01-21-2005, 02:51 AM
Senior Members

?53k for a 530i?? What the heck options have you got on it?
Old 01-21-2005, 03:21 AM
Members

Originally Posted by ISUK' date='Jan 21 2005, 05:51 AM
?53k for a 530i?? What the heck options have you got on it?
[snapback]81453[/snapback]
Hiya

Options as follows - I think I have them all listed. I think the price quoted is actuall about 51k so I added 2k from somewhere. Still - I love it...

530SE 4 door Mystic Blue
Rear spoiler
Auto Gearbox
Grey Dakota Leather
Star Spoke 124 18" Alloys with Run Flats
Professional Telephone
Professional Navigation System
Logic 7 Pro Hifi
6 disk CD Changer
BMW assist
Extended Voice
Headup Display
TV Function
Dechomed
No model inscription
Auto Dim, interor mirrors / Folding External mirrors
Automatic Airconditioning Advanced
Extended Interior lights
Floor Mats
Throughloading system inc ski bag
Sports seats
Electric Front Seats with Driver memory
Sport steering wheel
Poplar wood - high gloss
Climate comfort Glass
Heated front seats
Heated Rear seats
Lumbar support front seats
Steering wheel heating
Active Cruise control
Active Steering
Sports suspension
Dynamic Drive
Bi Xenons
Headlight wash
Rear side airbags

Cheers

Phil..
Old 01-21-2005, 03:23 AM
Members

Originally Posted by skaffa' date='Jan 21 2005, 05:34 AM
THIS IS WHAT I CALL customer service!? Sorry about shouting. But when I have red all problems what people have had (SueBMW) there has to be some catch! Or maybe dealer made some deal with BMW.

Skaffa
[snapback]81447[/snapback]
Apparently my old car goes right back to BMW UK. Don;t know what they plan to do with it, but the dealer said that they (the dealer) wouldn't be selling it on...

Cheers

Phil..
Old 01-21-2005, 03:41 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Phil' date='Jan 21 2005, 11:20 AM
Buy another BMW - you bet
Recommend BMW - definitely
Recommend Premier Cars (Llandudno Junction - North Wales, UK - Ask for Alan!!) - anytime
Think BMW Customer Service UK are amazing - Most defiantly.
Perfect. It's a shame they're not perfect all the time

I'll have to inquire whether they'll replace mine - I'll pay the extra for a 535d
Old 01-21-2005, 04:28 AM
Senior Members

I wish they would replace my car. I hate the transmition. The clutch slips all the time except when im with the tech. Its also sticks trying to go into first and I hate it. An new TCU would be nice. 02/04 build
Old 01-21-2005, 04:35 AM
Senior Members

Phil, did you tick every box on the options list? I take my hat off to you there. You must either have very deep pockets or planning on keeping the car for a long time because that has got to be the fastest depreciating 530i in the UK. You must be the option prince of the board. I think Iceman remains the option King. The cost options on his seats alone would have halved the US budget deficit!

BMW have done your wallet a Huge favour by giving you a brand new car if you done 22k miles on the previous one.
Old 01-21-2005, 04:46 AM
Contributors

My Ride: -04 530D

Originally Posted by zippers525' date='Jan 21 2005, 04:28 PM
I? wish they would replace my car. I hate the transmition. The clutch slips all the time except when im with the tech. Its also sticks trying to go into first and I hate it. An new TCU would be nice. 02/04 build
[snapback]81471[/snapback]
??? Don't understand? "tryin to go first"? Can You explane?

Skaffa
Old 01-21-2005, 08:03 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Phil' date='Jan 21 2005, 12:21 PM
No model inscription
Expensive option that one

Quick Reply: Something amazing just happened