E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

some one scratched my front bumper

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2005, 03:22 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went to the supermarket to get my niece a valentine card. I usually like to park away from the crow and away from any cart(s). Guess what? Today I was lazy and park where the rest of the crow part.

When I came home and I said..holly smoke what is that dirt..I wish it was dirt
, my front bumber got a scratched.

But guess ? yes i am feeling a bit depressed but I have no choice but to calm down and wait for my bumper to repaint it and see the outcome.

Good thing that it was in the fron bumber and not the entire side of the car

I will take some pictures.

Time to call the auto paint shop to repaint my bumper..Should I paint my front grill too?

I have mystic blue!

Take care all! and park away from the crow
Old 02-08-2005, 03:41 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 530iA Silver Grey , black interior. Premium Package, Navigation System, Head-up Display, Radio Satellite, Adaptive Xenon Headlights. AC Schnitzer Front Lip, H&R springs, Rear red reflector, All season Floor mat,

Sorry to hear your story.. i'm thinkin to repaint my front bumper too.. due to the stone chips.. And may be thinking to put on Bra as well.. How much do they usually charge for re-painting the bumper?
Old 02-08-2005, 04:33 PM
JDN
Contributors

Park <span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>UPHILL</span> from the crowd if you can. Downhill just gives those shopping carts a running start.
Old 02-08-2005, 05:00 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 04 525i w/ sports and premium pakage, titanium silver, gray dakota leather w/ polar grain wood trim, steptronic

its already been a months and half my bumper got damaged, need a paint job but im so lazy~~ i think when i make a claim now, the other guy's insurance company gonna think i didnt get any damage wit accident but i got one later and making a claim...
Old 02-09-2005, 02:43 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by soc_fans' date='Feb 8 2005, 06:41 PM
Sorry to hear your story.. i'm thinkin to repaint my front bumper too.. due to the stone chips.. And may be thinking to put on Bra as well.. How much do they usually charge for re-painting the bumper?
[snapback]87991[/snapback]
I am calling an auto repair shop that i know. They do a very good job. They did miracle to my preview 5 series 2004.

I will update with price and picture.

Hmm.....since my bumber will be re-paint, i was thinking in removing the front plate at the sametime, and painting my front grill to mystic blue!

what do yu guy think? or maybe paint it all black
Old 02-09-2005, 08:48 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by amigo525' date='Feb 9 2005, 05:43 AM
[quote name='soc_fans' date='Feb 8 2005, 06:41 PM']Sorry to hear your story.. i'm thinkin to repaint my front bumper too.. due to the stone chips.. And may be thinking to put on Bra as well.. How much do they usually charge for re-painting the bumper?
[snapback]87991[/snapback]
I am calling an auto repair shop that i know. They do a very good job. They did miracle to my preview 5 series 2004.

I will update with price and picture.

Hmm.....since my bumber will be re-paint, i was thinking in removing the front plate at the sametime, and painting my front grill to mystic blue!

what do yu guy think? or maybe paint it all black
[snapback]88129[/snapback]
[/quote]

$350. It sounds cheap but dont let the price fool you. That place where I am taking my
place they do a very nice job. They fixed my previewed 5 2002 and i was very pleased.. There were a couple of new 7 and the E500 benz getting repair too.

I am scheduled for 2/21.
Old 02-09-2005, 10:56 PM
Contributors

happy to hear your problem solved.

I know how your feeling the first time you saw the scratch...arrghh..I have it too just 3 weeks after I got my car. someone scratched from the fuel door until close to the rear door..and its deep...

it costed like almost 1000 to repair that..but my insurance guy takes care of it.

I still remember the body shop said to me you are the first new 5 to get here ..hahaha...

drive safely..AND..always park out of the crowd
Old 02-10-2005, 05:05 AM
Senior Members

JDN: But uphill is downhill the other way

Don't park at a mall/supermarket if you're not forced to do it..
Old 02-10-2005, 05:57 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 520dA coming up.

Someone tried to steal my fin and damaged the roof and fin.
F*ckers, how stupid can people be?
My bumper and rear door got a light scratch from some housewife banging her shopping cart into my car.
I own a car refinishing centre, so it's no problem for me to fix it and the bumper will be replaced with an M anyway sprayed with decent Sikkens paint and not the standard BMW paint that falls of by looking at it!
Anyway first scratch is always the worst.
Old 02-10-2005, 09:36 AM
Contributors

My Ride: -04 530D

I have also got my first scratch to the top of drivers side signal light. Three about 5 cm vertical scratch, but MAYBE can be get rid of with proper wax. Hopefully.

Skaffa

Quick Reply: some one scratched my front bumper