E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Some March 2007 facelift confirmation

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2006, 06:39 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 520d saloon, manual 6 ratios, olivin metallic, star spoke 122 alloys, delete boot badge, bi-xenon adaptive headlights including washers, graduated tinted windscreen, exterior and interior mirror auto dimming plus electric folding door mirrors, extended light package, dakota beige leather, dark poplar wood, electric seat adjustment including memory function, heated front seats, advanced climate control, velour floor mats, sliding front armrest, lumbar support for front seats.

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' post='355535' date='Nov 13 2006, 03:17 PM
None of the angel eyes (rings) are on. its the angle of the picture. Whats on in that pic is the flash to pass high beam on at 1/2 power.
OK, I see why you disabled them now. What a waste of angels if they cannot be made to work the way you want them to.
Old 11-13-2006, 06:43 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Originally Posted by dawi' post='355538' date='Nov 13 2006, 05:39 PM
OK, I see why you disabled them now. What a waste of angels if they cannot be made to work the way you want them to.

I.e. the new E92 has so bright angel eyes they can be used as daylights.

And all four of them burns!

Hope those come to the E60 as well, since here in Scandianvia we have run light light on all the time!
Old 11-13-2006, 07:20 AM
Members

My Ride: 520d saloon, manual 6 ratios, olivin metallic, star spoke 122 alloys, delete boot badge, bi-xenon adaptive headlights including washers, graduated tinted windscreen, exterior and interior mirror auto dimming plus electric folding door mirrors, extended light package, dakota beige leather, dark poplar wood, electric seat adjustment including memory function, heated front seats, advanced climate control, velour floor mats, sliding front armrest, lumbar support for front seats.

Originally Posted by Ricracing' post='355536' date='Nov 13 2006, 03:34 PM
Read today the German autobild.de and automotorundsport.de sites and it
really seams that the facelift will happen this spring, right after the introduction of the new X5.

Changes will be small to the E60 , that comes to the looks.
- front pumper and a bit "more friendly face"
- rear bumper and the trunk lid (more 3-ish)
- led rear lights

The new tech will give the new engines (already in the E92) but also rumors about the new
"save-energy-by-braking"-system.
See more.

M5 engine will say the same but I suppose I small facelift will come to it also.

The big news is that the M5 will get a optional stick shift for the US market instead of the
new 7 gear SMG!
See this.

Note also the new M5 Touring!
Looks to me as though there are a couple of other minor changes:

1. The shape of the kidney grill seems to have morphed into something slightly wider and slightly more rounded at the edges.

2. Difficult to see for sure but I reckon that the headlight assembly has also slightly changed in shape. The trailing "wings" of the front indicators seem to be less pronounced ie. less Dame Edna like maybe as a direct result of comments just like that in the press originally.

Can anyone else see these subtle differences or am I just imagining them? Maybe I'm just sadder than most in spotting these kind of differences?
Old 11-13-2006, 07:30 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Ricracing' post='355540' date='Nov 13 2006, 03:43 PM
I.e. the new E92 has so bright angel eyes they can be used as daylights.

And all four of them burns!

Hope those come to the E60 as well, since here in Scandianvia we have run light light on all the time!
Yes, my neighbour brought one home for a couple of weeks as he works for BMW and they do look good - the whole car that is aswell as the bright angels. I think they came on as the car unlocked as well which is a neat feature for posing and for finding lost cars in multi-storey car parks.

I guess this may have to be programmed into the key though by the dealer.
Old 11-13-2006, 09:52 AM
Members

My Ride: Current car: 2006 530ia On Order for December ED: 2009 335i coupe

Originally Posted by dawi' post='355548' date='Nov 13 2006, 12:20 PM
Looks to me as though there are a couple of other minor changes:

1. The shape of the kidney grill seems to have morphed into something slightly wider and slightly more rounded at the edges.

2. Difficult to see for sure but I reckon that the headlight assembly has also slightly changed in shape. The trailing "wings" of the front indicators seem to be less pronounced ie. less Dame Edna like maybe as a direct result of comments just like that in the press originally.

Can anyone else see these subtle differences or am I just imagining them? Maybe I'm just sadder than most in spotting these kind of differences?

1. - I can't make out any changes to the kidney grill after comparing the pictures to my car

2. - I don't thinkt the headlights have changed shape. The "guts" do appear to have changed, in the upper eyebrow does not extend all the way back to the end of the wing in the headlight. The result of this change is that the wing of the headlight looks a bit thicker. Changing the shape of the wing would require new sheetmetal on the fenders, and I doubt they will be investing that much into this facelift.

Man, the new rear bumper sure looks out of place on this car. It just seems too sqare on the bottom. My hopes were for something like the M-kit bumper, but it looks like that won't be happening.
Old 11-13-2006, 11:32 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW 530i 05 M-technic Silvergrey whith beige dakotaleather

Originally Posted by Ricracing' post='355536' date='Nov 13 2006, 04:34 PM
Read today the German autobild.de and automotorundsport.de sites and it
really seams that the facelift will happen this spring, right after the introduction of the new X5.

Changes will be small to the E60 , that comes to the looks.
- front pumper and a bit "more friendly face"
- rear bumper and the trunk lid (more 3-ish)
- led rear lights

The new tech will give the new engines (already in the E92) but also rumors about the new
"save-energy-by-braking"-system.
See more.

M5 engine will say the same but I suppose I small facelift will come to it also.

The big news is that the M5 will get a optional stick shift for the US market instead of the
new 7 gear SMG!
See this.

Note also the new M5 Touring!
Maybe some like this http://forums.e60.net/index.php?act=Attach...st&id=30811
Old 11-13-2006, 01:55 PM
Members

Originally Posted by unit' post='355618' date='Nov 13 2006, 06:52 PM
1. - I can't make out any changes to the kidney grill after comparing the pictures to my car

2. - I don't thinkt the headlights have changed shape. The "guts" do appear to have changed, in the upper eyebrow does not extend all the way back to the end of the wing in the headlight. The result of this change is that the wing of the headlight looks a bit thicker. Changing the shape of the wing would require new sheetmetal on the fenders, and I doubt they will be investing that much into this facelift.

Man, the new rear bumper sure looks out of place on this car. It just seems too sqare on the bottom. My hopes were for something like the M-kit bumper, but it looks like that won't be happening.
I still think the grille is subtley different when I compare it to mine. BMW seem to change the shape ever so slightly on each facelift, it was done a number of times on the last 3 series as it evolved.

I agree with you on the rear bumper. I really like the kicked up lip at the base of my SE. It gives it some character whereas the new shape is just bland. Why they wanted to follow the 3 series rear I don't know seeing that is documented as having one of the most uninspired rumps of recent times. With that car I think they bottled it at the last minute due to the 5 and 7 so called contraversial styling and just bolted some Mazda like Japanese generic rear.

I think the LED lights might be good though although I quite like the light pattern of my current rears. LEDs seem to suffer a bit in bright sunlight as well and become a bit invisible in use although at night they are really bright - strange.
Old 11-20-2006, 07:52 AM
Members

Hello there. I'm new on this forum, and looking for info of the face-lifted E60.
So far, i've discovered some changes in the diesel engines. There should be a new 525D double turbo +/-225hp instead of the 530d, just in between the 520d (170hp) and the 535d (285hp).
525d and 535d wouldn't be available before September. Al other engines from March.
Can somebody else here confirm ?
Old 11-20-2006, 09:34 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Originally Posted by Spencer' post='358438' date='Nov 20 2006, 06:52 PM
Hello there. I'm new on this forum, and looking for info of the face-lifted E60.
So far, i've discovered some changes in the diesel engines. There should be a new 525D double turbo +/-225hp instead of the 530d, just in between the 520d (170hp) and the 535d (285hp).
525d and 535d wouldn't be available before September. Al other engines from March.
Can somebody else here confirm ?

Welcome to the Forum!

Your doubleturbo 525d is not gonna happen, the 530d (singleturbo) fills that gap nicely (231 hp).

But a 525d will be availble with 200 hp, like in the new 325d (E90).

I doubt that BMW will upgarde the E60 engines for only a half year
Old 11-20-2006, 09:40 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Ricracing' post='358461' date='Nov 20 2006, 06:34 PM
Welcome to the Forum!

Your doubleturbo 525d is not gonna happen, the 530d (singleturbo) fills that gap nicely (231 hp).

But a 525d will be availble with 200 hp, like in the new 325d (E90).

I doubt that BMW will upgarde the E60 engines for only a half year
Indeed. And the 'new' x25d is actually a detuned 3 litre... (Only single turbo)

Quick Reply: Some March 2007 facelift confirmation