E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Some March 2007 facelift confirmation

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2006, 01:55 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 520d saloon, manual 6 ratios, olivin metallic, star spoke 122 alloys, delete boot badge, bi-xenon adaptive headlights including washers, graduated tinted windscreen, exterior and interior mirror auto dimming plus electric folding door mirrors, extended light package, dakota beige leather, dark poplar wood, electric seat adjustment including memory function, heated front seats, advanced climate control, velour floor mats, sliding front armrest, lumbar support for front seats.

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' post='355158' date='Nov 12 2006, 09:45 AM
Maybe they'll change it to somthing else... devil eyes now.

Ya I agree... its now become a BMW trademark how can they get rid of them? I love them! Very distinctive!
I think that's a great name for them as I've always liked the mean look on my E60, very expressive especially with the orange "eyebrows" !

I'd hate to lose them now as I think most other cars on side lights look pretty boring. :thumbsdown:

What I'd really like is brighter angels that come on as daytime driving lights instead of the xenons. I think that's what they've done on the new 3 series coupe.
Old 11-12-2006, 11:44 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by dawi' post='355169' date='Nov 12 2006, 02:55 AM
What I'd really like is brighter angels that come on as daytime driving lights instead of the xenons. I think that's what they've done on the new 3 series coupe.
Yup they've done that with the E92... I'm not sure if they are going to incorporate that into the E90 and face lifted E60 also. it would be nice. THEN I wouldnt mind having DRLs
Old 11-12-2006, 01:08 PM
Members

My Ride: 520d saloon, manual 6 ratios, olivin metallic, star spoke 122 alloys, delete boot badge, bi-xenon adaptive headlights including washers, graduated tinted windscreen, exterior and interior mirror auto dimming plus electric folding door mirrors, extended light package, dakota beige leather, dark poplar wood, electric seat adjustment including memory function, heated front seats, advanced climate control, velour floor mats, sliding front armrest, lumbar support for front seats.

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' post='355304' date='Nov 12 2006, 08:44 PM
Yup they've done that with the E92... I'm not sure if they are going to incorporate that into the E90 and face lifted E60 also. it would be nice. THEN I wouldnt mind having DRLs
Don't you have the DRL function in the US then?
Old 11-12-2006, 01:15 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by dawi' post='355325' date='Nov 12 2006, 02:08 PM
Don't you have the DRL function in the US then?

Ya but they look like this. So I had the dealer disable them instead. Too ugly.

Old 11-13-2006, 02:38 AM
Members

Ah that's interesting how BMW set these things for the different markets. I guess it would make the car look quite narrow from the front esp. when starting to go dark with just those insides on.

Is there another bulb in the assembly as well as the angel? The RHS one from the front shows more light that just the angel ring. I don't think I have this when I'm on side lights - it's just the 4 angels that light up which I think looks really good but could just do with a bit more intensity for the daytime.

Can you get all 4 angels to light up alone with the side light function?

PS. Can you tell me what OEM means. I keep seeing it, eg. your signature but can't think what it stands for?
Old 11-13-2006, 04:17 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by dawi' post='355493' date='Nov 13 2006, 11:38 AM
PS. Can you tell me what OEM means. I keep seeing it, eg. your signature but can't think what it stands for?
Original Equipment Manufacturer. Wikipedia
Old 11-13-2006, 04:29 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by colejl' post='355514' date='Nov 13 2006, 01:17 PM
Original Equipment Manufacturer. Wikipedia
But as it says:

In some usages, a VAR is sometimes called an OEM, despite this being a complete reversal of the literal meaning of both terms. This misunderstanding arises from use of the term OEM as a verb. For example, a VAR might say that they are going to OEM a new product, meaning they are going to offer a new product based on components from an OEM.
So unless it's clear which way round someone means OEM... it's meaningles.

ABC
Old 11-13-2006, 05:37 AM
Members

Originally Posted by aybeesea' post='355516' date='Nov 13 2006, 01:29 PM
But as it says:
So unless it's clear which way round someone means OEM... it's meaningles.

ABC
Thanks guys, didn't think of looking there. It's easy when you know how although as you say ABC, not always..
Old 11-13-2006, 06:17 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by dawi' post='355493' date='Nov 13 2006, 03:38 AM
Ah that's interesting how BMW set these things for the different markets. I guess it would make the car look quite narrow from the front esp. when starting to go dark with just those insides on.

Is there another bulb in the assembly as well as the angel? The RHS one from the front shows more light that just the angel ring. I don't think I have this when I'm on side lights - it's just the 4 angels that light up which I think looks really good but could just do with a bit more intensity for the daytime.

Can you get all 4 angels to light up alone with the side light function?

None of the angel eyes (rings) are on. its the angle of the picture. Whats on in that pic is the flash to pass high beam on at 1/2 power.
Old 11-13-2006, 06:34 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Read today the German autobild.de and automotorundsport.de sites and it
really seams that the facelift will happen this spring, right after the introduction of the new X5.

Changes will be small to the E60 , that comes to the looks.
- front pumper and a bit "more friendly face"
- rear bumper and the trunk lid (more 3-ish)
- led rear lights

The new tech will give the new engines (already in the E92) but also rumors about the new
"save-energy-by-braking"-system.
See more.

M5 engine will say the same but I suppose I small facelift will come to it also.

The big news is that the M5 will get a optional stick shift for the US market instead of the
new 7 gear SMG!
See this.

Note also the new M5 Touring!
Attached Thumbnails Some March 2007 facelift confirmation-facelifte601.jpg   Some March 2007 facelift confirmation-facelitfe602.jpg  

Quick Reply: Some March 2007 facelift confirmation