E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Some E60 Configuration Questions (USA)

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2006, 09:43 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There are a few questions:
  1. Is a Priority One list available for the '07 models?
  2. Is there still a double charge for Nasca Leather (pay for Dakota and Nasca) for use with ventilated seats?
  3. Is the heated steering wheel available with the ventilated seats? I believe it used to be a standalone option?
  4. Is there any understanding when the 535d will be available? In MY08 with a the mid-life update, in MY09 with Euro emission changes, or in MY11 with a new chassis?
  5. Is the adaptive suspension (automatically adjusting anti-roll bars) going to be available outside of the sport package (as it is with the 7-series)? Does it ride better than cars without it?
  6. Does BMW now have a comprehensive warranty extension like all its competitiors (Lexus, Infiniti, MB, Audi)?
  7. Now that an iDrive like interface is the de facto industry standard, will BMW update its user interface to better than the worst in the industry?
Thanks,

David
Old 11-24-2006, 10:30 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by DavidNJ' post='360151' date='Nov 24 2006, 06:43 PM
[*]Now that an iDrive like interface is the de facto industry standard, will BMW update its user interface to better than the worst in the industry?
Have you stopped beating your wife?

ABC
Old 11-24-2006, 02:50 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 11 550i Sophisto Gray/Oyster Black/Anthracite, Sprt Trns, DHP, IAS, SP, PP1, PP2, CWP, HUD, DAP, AVSP, SF RS, CA, ACC - Euro Del

Originally Posted by DavidNJ' post='360151' date='Nov 24 2006, 12:43 PM
[*]Now that an iDrive like interface is the de facto industry standard, will BMW update its user interface to better than the worst in the industry?
It one has an IQ above 60 the I-Drive works well. Some mentally challenged people whine about it because they cannot figure out how to work the I-Drive.
Old 11-24-2006, 02:59 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by DavidNJ' post='360151' date='Nov 24 2006, 01:43 PM
There are a few questions:
  1. Is a Priority One list available for the '07 models?
  2. Is there still a double charge for Nasca Leather (pay for Dakota and Nasca) for use with ventilated seats?
  3. Is the heated steering wheel available with the ventilated seats? I believe it used to be a standalone option?
  4. Is there any understanding when the 535d will be available? In MY08 with a the mid-life update, in MY09 with Euro emission changes, or in MY11 with a new chassis?
  5. Is the adaptive suspension (automatically adjusting anti-roll bars) going to be available outside of the sport package (as it is with the 7-series)? Does it ride better than cars without it?
  6. Does BMW now have a comprehensive warranty extension like all its competitiors (Lexus, Infiniti, MB, Audi)?
  7. Now that an iDrive like interface is the de facto industry standard, will BMW update its user interface to better than the worst in the industry?
Thanks,

David
1. Yes
2. I don't think so. To be honest I don't recall.
3. Yes, it's part of the cold weather package. And yes, you can order ventilated seats along with heated seats.
4. No idea. BMW won't say.
5. It's not adaptive suspension but no, you can't get it without the sport package in the US. Sport package rides great and I would highly recommend it.
6. I'm not sure. Do Lexus, Infinity, or MB offer 4yr/50k mile full coverage including service and other maintenance items?
7. The interface is always updated via CIP updates. I find it very easy to use and love the tactile feedback, something you don't get from touchscreens. Try it, really try it and you might like it. The only wish I have is to add a few more buttons for things like some of the climate vent items.
Old 11-24-2006, 03:02 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 Sapphire Black on Black M5 - loaded sans soft close doors

His comment was simply that even though BMW invented it and everyone is copying it, it is regarded as the worst implementation (compared to MB and Audi). Let's be honest here, there is SERIOUS room for improvement in I-Drive. It is plenty easy to use but there are just way too many steps for required for most everything. For instance, switching from CD to AM*.

*I know the voice commands would and do work for this -often however, I'm several minutes into my drive before the computer is ready to accept any voice commands (computer still booting I'm guessing)
I also know I can program my steering wheel button to switch between audio sources - but it cycles through all of them.

So let's be honest, I-Drive is the primary method for most people and it should work better and FASTER.

Answering the other questions
Yes Priority 1 list is available -do a quick search and you will find it. I don't think anything changed from 06.
Not sure about the double charge - I guess if you were doing a 525 and didn't get leather? But Comfort seats are required and I think leather is required for that....
Yes, others on this list have gotten the heated steering wheel with the ventilated seats.
No clue on the 535d - plenty of us sure would like to see it here however.
No clue on adaptive suspension outside of sport -it is a very nice feature and the sport option does not mess with the ride (switching out the runflats does wonders)
You can extend your warranty up until 6 months before your current one expires.
Old 11-24-2006, 03:53 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by doug_999' post='360261' date='Nov 25 2006, 12:02 AM
*I know the voice commands would and do work for this -often however, I'm several minutes into my drive before the computer is ready to accept any voice commands (computer still booting I'm guessing)
Something wrong there.

I have never had to wait more than 30 seconds - and I can wait that long to say "FM Menu; Station 3" followed by "Map".

ABC