E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Software Version 15

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2005 | 09:55 PM
Rob
Members

Originally Posted by kt8509' date='Jan 1 2005, 11:46 PM
I went in for the emissions recall and had them program bluetooth as well.? Everything is working just fine.

[snapback]74537[/snapback]
What phone are you using with your bluetooth? How well does it work?

Thanks
Old 01-01-2005 | 11:25 PM
Members

My Ride: 04 545i Titanium Silver/Black, Sport, Premium, L7, Cold

Originally Posted by Rob' date='Jan 2 2005, 01:55 AM
[quote name='kt8509' date='Jan 1 2005, 11:46 PM']
I went in for the emissions recall and had them program bluetooth as well.? Everything is working just fine.

[snapback]74537[/snapback]
What phone are you using with your bluetooth? How well does it work?

Thanks
[snapback]74539[/snapback]
[/quote]

Motorola V3 Razr, '04 545i build date 8/04

Full phone functionality (phonebook sync, transfer to and from handsfree mode, able to call/receive calls using steering wheel, voice commands for phone (even without nav), etc.)

Driving 0-25 MPH: voice quality is very good, very little road noise so I don't have to turn up the volume much, caller hears me just fine

Driving 25-75 MPH: voice quality is okay, road noise very evident (545i Sport with runflats), for me to hear the other person, i have to turn up the volume but then this increases echo for them. I've played with the volume button (car radio/phone) as well as on my phone but still can't seem to get this better than okay.

Overall though, this is the best car handsfree system that I've used.
Old 01-02-2005 | 03:09 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i, titanium gray, gray interior, NAV, adaptive headlights, window screens, folddown rear seats, PDC

I'm taking mine in for its first service on Tuesday. I'll ask the SA about the current version. However, I'm in Germany and like Iceman said, its out over here but whether or not to put it in or if its needed is another question.
Old 01-02-2005 | 06:30 AM
Members

My Ride: 2002 545i sport pckg,sirius,active steering,grey on black

Ver 15 was put in my car last friday and crashed it! see my V-8 issues post.
Old 01-02-2005 | 09:38 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by vpbmp' date='Jan 2 2005, 04:30 PM
Ver 15 was put in my car last friday and crashed it! see my V-8 issues post.
[snapback]74616[/snapback]
Supposedly, I have V15.1. I have not noticed any real difference from the 14 mine came with other then BT doesn't work on my car now It does take longer to boot up when I start it. They were suppose to fix RDS and install TMC since that is not a standard for American cars. (so saith the SA!) I never had a problem with FTM so I can not comment on that. I should have more information Monday or Tuesday. Things kind of shut down here during the Holidays.
Old 01-07-2005 | 11:38 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

BigartK, just got my 545 (US spec) back yesterday after upgrading from v. 11 to v. 15. My car is rather basic, no NAV, no sports package or Active Steering etc. Upgrade was done as part of emissions recall. So far I have found no new bugs but below is a list of minor things it seems to have corrected:

1) Throttle delay is now gone! I have written about this one for sometime and I actually didn't even mention it to the service advisor, but I am now very happy with the pedal response from a standing stop.

2) My iDrive now boots up immediately, no delay like before. My earlier software would sometimes take 10-20 seconds to boot up iDrive.

3) RDS, which worked for me before, still works. But as noted earlier, I do not have Navigation which seems to be the conflict for those with RDS problems.

4) Rain sensor on auto wipers seems to work better. This morning I drove to work in a light, misty rain which used to require me to ocassionally activate the wipers manually. This morning I didn't have to do it once.

5) Passenger airbag light is dimmer. This is something taken car of by much earlier versions, but I was still running the original software on my Jan 04 build.

6) There appear to be some minor changes in iDrive. For example to getting to the 6 disc changer now takes one less move of the iDrive controller. I have not had time to sit in the car and do more playing w/ the iDrive.

Hope this helps...
Old 01-07-2005 | 12:38 PM
JDN
Contributors

Great help, ksc. The iDrive boot would be a great welcome for many of us.

I take mine in Monday to let them get another cut at it. BMWNA is involved this time and has contacted one of their engineers to be on the scene. I have asked for ver 15, but have no idea what I will end up with. I have seven issues for this trip.
Old 01-07-2005 | 01:00 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Previous BMW's owned: 2012 X3 2011 335 cic 2010 535 Touring 2009 335 cic 2008 535 Touring 2007 535 Touring 2006 330cic 2005 330cic 2004 545i 2003 745i 2001 740i 1999 540i 1997 540i 1995 540i 1988 635i 1987 635i 1984 633i 1983 528e

Originally Posted by kscarrol' date='Jan 7 2005, 03:38 PM
BigartK, just got my 545 (US spec) back yesterday after upgrading from v. 11 to v. 15. My car is rather basic, no NAV, no sports package or Active Steering etc.? Upgrade was done as part of emissions recall.? So far I have found no new bugs but below is a list of minor things it seems to have corrected:

1)? Throttle delay is now gone!? I have written about this one for sometime and I actually didn't even mention it to the service advisor, but I am now very happy with the pedal response from a standing stop.

2)? My iDrive now boots up immediately, no delay like before.? My earlier software would sometimes take 10-20 seconds to boot up iDrive.

3)? RDS, which worked for me before, still works.? But as noted earlier, I do not have Navigation which seems to be the conflict for those with RDS problems.

4)? Rain sensor on auto wipers seems to work better.? This morning I drove to work in a light, misty rain which used to require me to ocassionally activate the wipers manually.? This morning I didn't have to do it once.

5)? Passenger airbag light is dimmer.? This is something taken car of by much earlier versions, but I was still running the original software on my Jan 04 build.

6)? There appear to be some minor changes in iDrive.? For example to getting to the 6 disc changer now takes one less move of the iDrive controller. I have not had time to sit in the car and do more playing w/ the iDrive.

Hope this helps...
[snapback]76769[/snapback]
Old 01-08-2005 | 03:29 AM
Contributors

From: Proud citizen of THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA and MORGANTOWN, W.V.
My Ride: '05 530i, Premium, Steptronic, Logic7, Silver grey-black leather. Build date 12/7/04.

My car, 530i, finished production 12/7/04. Would anyone have knowledge as to which version software was being installed at that time?
Old 01-08-2005 | 05:33 AM
Members

My Ride: MY 2004 545i; April build; 6 speed; silver grey metalic; black leather; poplar; sport package; cold weather; active steering; xenons .

Originally Posted by kscarrol' date='Jan 7 2005, 04:38 PM
BigartK, just got my 545 (US spec) back yesterday after upgrading from v. 11 to v. 15. My car is rather basic, no NAV, no sports package or Active Steering etc.? Upgrade was done as part of emissions recall.? So far I have found no new bugs but below is a list of minor things it seems to have corrected:

1)? Throttle delay is now gone!? I have written about this one for sometime and I actually didn't even mention it to the service advisor, but I am now very happy with the pedal response from a standing stop.

2)? My iDrive now boots up immediately, no delay like before.? My earlier software would sometimes take 10-20 seconds to boot up iDrive.

3)? RDS, which worked for me before, still works.? But as noted earlier, I do not have Navigation which seems to be the conflict for those with RDS problems.

4)? Rain sensor on auto wipers seems to work better.? This morning I drove to work in a light, misty rain which used to require me to ocassionally activate the wipers manually.? This morning I didn't have to do it once.

5)? Passenger airbag light is dimmer.? This is something taken car of by much earlier versions, but I was still running the original software on my Jan 04 build.

6)? There appear to be some minor changes in iDrive.? For example to getting to the 6 disc changer now takes one less move of the iDrive controller. I have not had time to sit in the car and do more playing w/ the iDrive.

Hope this helps...
[snapback]76769[/snapback]
ks,
I think you wrote somewhere that you are not pursuing BT, because you are not interested or because you have a Jan 04 build. My car is an April 04 build. I have the BT passkey card, but my i-drive menu doesn't have the communication setting option that allows you to pair the car with a BT phone. I want to know whether the software v15 solves that. When you have a chance, would you mind checking this. Press down on your idrive controller and look for communication settings. Thanks.

Quick Reply: Software Version 15