E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

So What E60 options did You Pass On

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2005, 08:27 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 530xiT, Sep. 2005 build, silver gray/gray/black anthracite, Steptronic, Premium, Premium Sound, NAV, PDC.
Model Year: 2006

I passed up the cold weather package. Had heated seats on my Subaru and never used them, and we get some cold weather. No HUD, no Comfort Access, no Sport, no Comfort Seats.
Yes Premium Package, Premium Sound, NAV, PDC, Automatic.

Like or love them all and don't miss the ones I didn't get. Stock seats are very comfortable. The automatic is smarter than any I've driven. I don't have any other experience with really good cars with automatics and have never owned one until now, but on rentals, the "hunting" for the right gear on uphills was very annoying. This car knows to hold the lower gear until the top. It even downshifts sometimes coasting downhill, to give you some engine braking I think. It's not broken in yet so I haven't used the manual feature yet, but I've never felt that I wanted to be in a different gear.
Premium sound is very good though wildly overpriced.
Old 10-31-2005, 08:41 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E60 530i
Model Year: 2004
Engine: M54

Originally Posted by Layer3switchguy' date='Oct 30 2005, 11:17 PM
So, curious within the group here what options did you pass on due to cost or lack of interest in that particular item.

Dont regret - Not getting rear fold down seats and comfort access

How about you?
[snapback]191127[/snapback]
no PDC,
no HUD,
no active cruise control,
no active steering,
no logic 7.

should get the rear airbags, fold down rear seats and CD changer.
Old 10-31-2005, 10:17 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i with Sport Pkg, Nav, HUD, Cold Weather Pkg, Rear Shades

My only regret is not getting Sat Radio Prep. i should have, i should have, i should have. Maybe not now, but I would have liked the opportunity to install a Sat Redio eventually

Yes there are other options, but nothing fully integrated yet.

Happy with all my other choices.
Old 10-31-2005, 10:44 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Now Driving a Freakin' Prius! Was... 2004 545i | SMG | White/Black | Sport | NAV | Logic 7 | PDC | Fold-down Seats | Adaptive Headlights | Cold Weather Pkg | Clear-again Bra | Mud Flaps | Bluetooth | Coat Hangar | Aux Input | All Weather Mats | 18"X8.5" BBS RK w/ Michelin Pilot Alpin's (winter) | New steering rack @ 1.2K & 17K miles| Software V.19.1 | B&B Exhaust (vrrrroooooommm!) <---Click.

Head Up Display
Comfort Seats

I wish I had both!!!
Old 10-31-2005, 11:41 AM
Senior Members

- no full leather, $10.000 in Sweden!!??
- no vented seats, not posiible with MF sports seats
Old 10-31-2005, 12:18 PM
Members

I passed on cold weather (live in CA) and active cruise control. I don't miss either.

Tom
Old 10-31-2005, 01:01 PM
Members

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' date='Oct 30 2005, 11:24 PM
Regret not getting NAV. $1800 was a lot for "just" nav. wasnt informed when i got the car that with NAV we'll get

1.) MP3 later
2.) 3-D NAV (Birds Eye View)
3.) 16.9 widescreen
4.) FULL voice command
5.) Force feedback iDrive knob

Is there more to NAV that I dont know?
[snapback]191130[/snapback]
Old 10-31-2005, 01:48 PM
Contributors

Passed up:

1. PDC
2. Active cruise control
3. HUD
4. Fold down rear seats
5. Rear heated seats
6. L7

Out of the above, I prob regret L7 the most. Just thought at the time I could upgrade to a better stereo for less than L7 at $1800 w/o tax. Others, I don't know what I'm missing...that may be a good thing
Old 10-31-2005, 02:05 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Ordered 550i ED on 9/24/05. Titanium silver, priority one seating (black), steptronic, sports package, premium sound system, active steering, comfort access, power rear sunshades, navigation, head up display, rear door air bag

Still I am still waiting for my 2006 550i, I cannot comment on what options I ordered I probably didn't need. I have spent two years thinking about what options I figured I would regret if I didn't order them. Plus the two year wait enabled me to accumulate mo' money for my dream car.
First of all, I needed a cd player and the best sound system available from BMW. No compromises here, sound quality is a must. A lttle pep under the hood meant a V-8 would not leave me guessing. As great as the M5 & M6 are, they are just out of reach for my budget. Seating comfort is the next important option. The sports seats are fine but when my butt landed in that 7-series comfort seat with ventilation, I was sold! I really can do without the navigation BUT then you lose voice control. HUD goes with the nav system -- just too cool to pass up.
I had to get the latest option "comfort access" just to say I have something the Iceman's car doesn't have. He already has ALL the possible options.
No cold weather package needed for my location in Virginia -- hope I don't regret that. And no active cruise control -- the only serious option I passed on for cost concerns. Once I start driving the car, that's when I will know more.
Old 10-31-2005, 02:12 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 535D Sport Auto

This is only my HO not trying to upset anyone!

Didn't bother with: -

Active Steering - Expensive, no need option as std steering is better (had both).
Logic 7 - Not worth the extra money compared to HiFi which is well worth it.
Comfort, Ventilated, All Electric Seats - Very expensive, Std BMW seats are very comfortable plus the important adjustment on the std seats is electric.
Active Cruise - Sleep inducing, expensive novelty.
HUD - Expensive novelty, Only fighter pilots need it!
Comfort Glass, Privacy Glass This is the UK and my kids are pretty!
Towpack - Caravans are for gypsies!
TV - I always park outside of a TV shop and lipread!
Service Package - Don't do the miles

Wish I hadn't bothered with: -

Extended voice - Its a load of Sh*te as it requires a 1950's BBC commentator to operate it.

Wish I had opted for: -

Sunroof - Not had one for years.
Folding Mirrors - Cheap useful option I imagine.

Quick Reply: So What E60 options did You Pass On