E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

So, went up against an e46 m3

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2008, 05:46 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: A Car

i was heading to mitsuwa with my gf yesterday. stopped at a light next to an e46 m3. I didnt expect him to go at it. He didnt rev or anything. I began to go slowly at green and he floored it. i was like, geez, at least lemme know so I was in first gear at 1000 rpms with no power. I was about 1/2 car length from him and began to regain 1/4 car length when i smashed it into second. There was a car in front of him so he cut in front of me so I had to let off the gas and went to 2 car lengths away. I followed him and kept getting closer slowly. I was kinda shocked that I was always keeping and closing up on the e46 m3. either the guy doesnt know how to drive or my DINAN remap really helped.
Old 12-23-2008, 05:59 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 BMW 525I/TITANIUM SILVER METALLIC/GREY LEATHER INTERIOR/EURO RED REFLECTORS/20% TINT/EURO STICKER/BMW CCA STICKER

Nice you did the DINAN upgrade good stuff. It must have helped a good amount.
Old 12-23-2008, 07:36 AM
Members

My Ride: Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown Dakota Leather | Bamboo Anthracite wood trim | Premium Package | Adaptive Xenon Headlights | Sport Package | Active Steering | STEPTRONIC automatic transmission | Power rear sunshade with rear manual side window shades | Park Distance Control |18" Star Spoke 124 | IPodŽ Interface Adapter. Single CD player that plays MP3z | 5% Tint

Will the E46 M3 out do the 535i? I dont know thats why im asking?
Old 12-23-2008, 07:43 AM
Members

There was a car in front of him so he cut in front of me so I had to let off the gas and went to 2 car lengths away. I followed him and kept getting closer slowly. [/quote]

Man that stuff sounds dangerous. I hope someone doesn't get killed while 2 kids try to figure out which car is faster.
Old 12-23-2008, 08:25 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by corgidog' post='751327' date='Dec 23 2008, 11:43 AM
There was a car in front of him so he cut in front of me so I had to let off the gas and went to 2 car lengths away. I followed him and kept getting closer slowly.

Man that stuff sounds dangerous. I hope someone doesn't get killed while 2 kids try to figure out which car is faster.
there are some idiots (m3 e46 in this case) that want to prove a point w/their car regardless the cost - in this instance our fellow memeber brabusw209amg was smart enough to play it safe.
Old 12-23-2008, 09:10 AM
Members

Originally Posted by MacoBMW4life' post='751340' date='Dec 23 2008, 12:25 PM
there are some idiots (m3 e46 in this case) that want to prove a point w/their car regardless the cost - in this instance our fellow memeber brabusw209amg was smart enough to play it safe.
Sounded like he was racing to me with the "smashed it into second" remark.
Old 12-23-2008, 09:43 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by corgidog' post='751327' date='Dec 23 2008, 11:43 AM
Yup, I'm still a kid. 16 years old and my dad bought me a 545i. he pays for gas, tolls, insurance, food, etc.

I admit I was racing a bit but only to an extent. When he cut me off, I let off the gas. I could've went to the middle where it splits the oncoming traffic and passed him but decided not too. There were no oncoming traffic at the time. I played it safe just in case. pretty sure everyone road races here and there. Just admit to it.
Old 12-23-2008, 09:56 AM
Senior Members

Dont get caught doing it. Here is what happened to me when I got caught.

1st time - I got a ticket for speed contest. That was a 2 point ticket that was on my record for 7 years. A regular ticket is only on there for I think about 3 years. Paid the expensive fine.

2nd time - I got a ticket for exhibition of speed and evading a police ofrficer. Another 2 point ticket, car impounded and a night in jail. It doesnt feel to good getting slammed on top of your hood, than hand cuffed. . Had to pay for impound fees, towing and the expensive ticket. After that, I had too many points within a short amount of time, so lost my license for 6 months.

After insurance found out about this, the rates went through the roof. I also had to get a SR2 inorder to get my license back. A short time after that, I got a ticket for something stupid. Lost my license again for another 6 months.

Sooo, even though its fun, take it to the track. Its alot cheaper in the long run.
Old 12-23-2008, 09:59 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Sam@sleekmotoring' post='751392' date='Dec 23 2008, 01:56 PM
Dont get caught doing it. Here is what happened to me when I got caught.

1st time - I got a ticket for speed contest. That was a 2 point ticket that was on my record for 7 years. A regular ticket is only on there for I think about 3 years. Paid the expensive fine.

2nd time - I got a ticket for exhibition of speed and evading a police ofrficer. Another 2 point ticket, car impounded and a night in jail. It doesnt feel to good getting slammed on top of your hood, than hand cuffed. . Had to pay for impound fees, towing and the expensive ticket. After that, I had too many points within a short amount of time, so lost my license for 6 months.

After insurance found out about this, the rates went through the roof. I also had to get a SR2 inorder to get my license back.

Sooo, even though its fun, take it to the track. Its alot cheaper in the long run.
definitely agree with the track part. the max speed i ever went to yesterday was 65 mph in 45 mph zone. definitely still speeding but not too crazy.
Old 12-23-2008, 10:14 AM
Members

Originally Posted by brabusw209amg' post='751389' date='Dec 23 2008, 01:43 PM
Yup, I'm still a kid. 16 years old and my dad bought me a 545i. he pays for gas, tolls, insurance, food, etc.

I admit I was racing a bit but only to an extent. When he cut me off, I let off the gas. I could've went to the middle where it splits the oncoming traffic and passed him but decided not too. There were no oncoming traffic at the time. I played it safe just in case. pretty sure everyone road races here and there. Just admit to it.
Us old geezers did stupid things also when we kids but we learned from them as we got older. Hopefully you will learn that street racing is dangerous and uncool. Next time you see someone who wants to race you on a public street look at him like the idiot he is and just continue on. Thats called maturity.

Quick Reply: So, went up against an e46 m3