E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

So my black 545i got totaled

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2012, 10:38 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 545i

Hello All, This is unfortunately only my second post. I have been lingering for months and it is because of this forum that made me want to buy the Saphire BMW 545i that I have. Anyway, I got T-Boned in Queens NY and my drivers side has been mangled. I was really hoping this car was going to be repairable since it was my first car and it's been really good to me. Unfortunately I got a call this morning saying it was totaled . At this point I'm at a loss of what to do. They want a salvage yard to pick my car up. I'm wondering if I should part it out or just keep the car and try to get it repaired. Either way it is a sad sad day. No Quife ATB, no ESS supercharger, no chances to flame BMWNA,no meet and greets, nothing. Not even sure if there's a point in me sticking around these forums without my black beauty. Anyway if anyone could give me any advice or information I would greatly appreciate. I'm only 21 so I need some wise words. I'll post pics too.
Attached Thumbnails So my black 545i got totaled-imagejpeg_2_2.jpeg   So my black 545i got totaled-imagejpeg_2_2.jpg   So my black 545i got totaled-imagejpeg_2_3.jpeg   So my black 545i got totaled-imagejpeg_2_3.jpg  
Old 05-11-2012, 10:45 AM
Members

My Ride: 545i

More Pics
Attached Thumbnails So my black 545i got totaled-imagejpeg_2_4.jpeg   So my black 545i got totaled-imagejpeg_2_4.jpg   So my black 545i got totaled-imagejpeg_2_5.jpeg   So my black 545i got totaled-imagejpeg_2_5.jpg   So my black 545i got totaled-imagejpeg_2_6.jpeg  

So my black 545i got totaled-imagejpeg_2_6.jpg   So my black 545i got totaled-imagejpeg_2_7.jpeg   So my black 545i got totaled-imagejpeg_2_7.jpg   So my black 545i got totaled-imagejpeg_2_8.jpeg   So my black 545i got totaled-imagejpeg_2_8.jpg  

So my black 545i got totaled-imagejpeg_2_9.jpeg   So my black 545i got totaled-imagejpeg_2_9.jpg   So my black 545i got totaled-imagejpeg_2_10.jpeg   So my black 545i got totaled-imagejpeg_2_10.jpg   So my black 545i got totaled-imagejpeg_2_11.jpeg  

So my black 545i got totaled-imagejpeg_2_11.jpg   So my black 545i got totaled-imagejpeg_2_12.jpeg   So my black 545i got totaled-imagejpeg_2_12.jpg   So my black 545i got totaled-imagejpeg_2_13.jpeg   So my black 545i got totaled-imagejpeg_2_13.jpg  

So my black 545i got totaled-imagejpeg_2_14.jpeg   So my black 545i got totaled-imagejpeg_2_14.jpg   So my black 545i got totaled-imagejpeg_2_15.jpeg   So my black 545i got totaled-imagejpeg_2_15.jpg   So my black 545i got totaled-imagejpeg_2_16.jpeg  

So my black 545i got totaled-imagejpeg_2_17.jpeg   So my black 545i got totaled-imagejpeg_2_18.jpeg   So my black 545i got totaled-imagejpeg_2_19.jpeg   So my black 545i got totaled-imagejpeg_2_20.jpeg   So my black 545i got totaled-imagejpeg_2.jpeg  

So my black 545i got totaled-imagejpeg_2.jpg  
Old 05-11-2012, 10:46 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 AW N52 with sports package & premium package; natural brown interior MODs: Orion V2s 3000K H8 Yellow Fogs Matte Black Kidney Grills 20" Miro 111 Hankook V12 Tires H&R Sport Springs Special coding via Simon (dbl flash hazards, digital velocity, etc.) LED Side Markers from Trinity Autosports LED License Plate Lights from Trinity Autosports Carbon Delete BMC Air Filter RPI Scoop RPI GT Exhaust Future MODs: Mtech Kit KW Variant 2 Coilovers CIC Retrofit Upgrade Audio System

Originally Posted by Bodyguard911
Hello All, This is unfortunately only my second post. I have been lingering for months and it is because of this forum that made me want to buy the Saphire BMW 545i that I have. Anyway, I got T-Boned in Queens NY and my drivers side has been mangled. I was really hoping this car was going to be repairable since it was my first car and it's been really good to me. Unfortunately I got a call this morning saying it was totaled . At this point I'm at a loss of what to do. They want a salvage yard to pick my car up. I'm wondering if I should part it out or just keep the car and try to get it repaired. Either way it is a sad sad day. No Quife ATB, no ESS supercharger, no chances to flame BMWNA,no meet and greets, nothing. Not even sure if there's a point in me sticking around these forums without my black beauty. Anyway if anyone could give me any advice or information I would greatly appreciate. I'm only 21 so I need some wise words. I'll post pics too.
Sorry this happened to you my dude. Glad you are not physically injured. I would part out what I can before they come and pick it up. Good luck bro.
Old 05-11-2012, 10:46 AM
Members

My Ride: 2005 545i

any chance you want swap interiors plus cash? I have a black leather interior in good shape in my 545i, I love that interior color you have.
Old 05-11-2012, 10:48 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 ★ Alpine White

Originally Posted by wtlb
Sorry this happened to you my dude. Glad you are not physically injured. I would part out what I can before they come and pick it up. Good luck bro.
This.. take what you can get out of it! head lights, tail lights, etc!

If you got LCI tailights, i love to take them off your hands =)
Old 05-11-2012, 11:21 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by wtlb
+1000. The car can be replaced Bro
Old 05-11-2012, 11:27 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2012 535i X-driveSpace Grey/Black Dakota, Fineline Anthracite Trim; Executive Package (Rear View, Lumbar, Nav, Voice, SIRIUS, HiFi Pro) Technology Package (Hi Beam Assist, Lane Departure, Blind Spot Detection, Surround View) BMW Apps (Apps, Smart Pho
Model Year: 2012

First off, I hope you are not hurt from this type of collision.
Second, to answer your basic question, the car is definitely a total write-off. It is not repairable at its age. The doors are severely bowed which could indicate frame damage and the entire doors will have to be replaced. From my accident my car was damaged like yours down the entire drivers side but the doors only needed the outer metal skin which is less costly and I had no curtain air bag damage as you did. My damage was $14,000 so yours would be much, much more. Take the money and get another one. While we all love our cars they are only metal and glass and are easily replaceable.
GL

Old 05-11-2012, 12:04 PM
Contributors

Bodyguard, it looks like your 545 "guarded your body" appropriately and glad you were not injured in the accident. New York city can be rough on our cars ... that's why take the train!
Time to shop for a new !!
Old 05-11-2012, 12:17 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 545i Alpine White Premium package, Sport package, Nav, HUD, PDC

The car can be replaced, but your life can't. I'm glad to hear you are safe with no injuries.

As others have mentioned, that appears to be a total loss. Take your insurance money and get another one if you love the E60. It may have just saved your life, and that is priceless IMO.
Old 05-11-2012, 12:49 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 530d

DON'T LET THEM TAKE THE CAR JUST YET!

First settle on a figure of how much the car's worth. The insurance company(s) job is to save every penny they can.

Tell us what they're offering you and we can advise, else get an insurance adjuster.

And then take everything outa the car lol- there are some small parts (particularly electronics) that are worth a hell of a lot, which you could use/sell to recuperate losses.

Edit: don't forget to take your non-standard wheels!

Quick Reply: So my black 545i got totaled