E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

So Disrespectful !!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2009, 07:59 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Ouch... that sucks... ya no one takes responsibility now a days its a hard find... just look at our economy... look at the people...
Old 03-19-2009, 08:01 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60

Some people park like that! I hope you nail the jerk! So, did you get the video feed yet?
Old 03-19-2009, 08:05 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

really sorry to hear about that man. I know how it feels.
Old 03-19-2009, 08:27 PM
Members

same thing happened to me at the gym the other day.... its like that hit you drive off and dont even look back.... they know they hit you.. but still proceed off... if you catch them on the camera you can nail them with a hit and run...
Old 03-19-2009, 08:35 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Dude, this is nothing - about a month and a half ago my car got hit while parked bad enough, that the entire repair bill was $9,000!!! Hope that it makes you feel better At least you have a camera footage that you can check - I had to have my insurance pay everything, sans the deductible. Some people are just as*h*les - they hit your car and think its no big deal - not too many people understand how much we love our rides, man...
Old 03-19-2009, 09:06 PM
Contributors

You know what i really hate? I make it a point to park at the complete end of the parking lot in 1 stall. People get pissed when people take up 2. So i park as far away as possible and only take 1 spot but for some reason there ALWAYS seems to be a fucking camry or 1993 accord parked right next to me when there are 15 open stalls closer. I think these people think they are funny by mocking me but i really want to wait for them and let them have it. It really ticks me off!
Old 03-19-2009, 09:30 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 BMW 530i

Hope everything turns out ok! And you find the person who scratched your car!

I know what you mean though! Someone scraped the driver side rear corner on my car, luckily it was fairly light, and could just be buffed out. But it just irks me that people are so insensitve, and irresponsible, and don't care about other people's property.

I was parked on a busy street outside my school where people pick up their kids everyday, and park, so it could have been anyone pulling out. If I park in the parking lot, I run the risk of students scratching it as they walk by the car. There are no safe places to park! Except in my garage!
Old 03-19-2009, 10:08 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i Jet Black on Black Leather, SAT with Paddles, Logic 7, Comfort Seats, NAV, Sport Package, PDC, Xenons, Sirius, Trinity 12W LED Angel Eyes, RPi GT Exhaust, M rear spoiler, ACS Roof Spoiler, Tinted Tail Lights, Bimmian Carbon Fiber Pillar Trim, Bimmian Shadow 550i emblem, RPi Scoop, E60 Forum Cling, Mtec bulbs in fog lights, Mtec 2W LED for License Plate Light Bulbs, K&N Filter, Bimmian LED Smoked Side Markers, Blackout roundels, Carbon Fiber Kidney Grills. Retired Rides - 1989 325i convertible, 1995 M3, 2002 X5, 2005 545i, 2008 X5 (Lemon)

My car was hit?....lets go to the video!! It must be nice to know that the jerk will be on video and then be held accountable!
Old 03-19-2009, 10:12 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Jet Black '05 545i, Sport/Premium Pkg, Steptronic, Adaptive Xenon, Nav, L7, Blue2th, PDC,

that sucks bro! i feel your pain and i hope you catch the culprit. happened to me but fortunately she left me a note. the sh*tty thing about it was dealing with her insurance co. i had to leave my vehicle for 2 weeks for repair, but thats not the worst part. when i got it back, i had a gazzilion minute scratches including some i could read! thats right, they wrote on my vehicle with some kind of grease pencil? that scratched my paint!! and they never bothered to wax and polish.

in the end they cut me a check to have it professionally detailed at my choosing.

some people's attitude when hitting our car is like this, "ooops! i hit a bimmer. oh well, he/she can afford the repair." and just drives off. wtf!! people aren't as responsible as once was.

good luck
Old 03-20-2009, 04:42 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

thank god you have video.. cant wait to see who did it.. one time when i had my mustang, i double parked it cause of alternate in brooklyn.. all the same people usually. we all knew each other.. anyways, i come out one day to find that i was hit.. with white paint! so i walked up and down the block and looked for cars with white paint.. and my red paint on there bumper.. sure enough it was a friend who owned the deli on the corner.. he knew it was my car and didnt even tell me.. i flipped on him and he paid me, but just goes to show you how lame people can be. even if you know them! GL

Quick Reply: So Disrespectful !!!!