E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

SO ANGRY

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2010, 07:05 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 530I Silver gray with gray leather with Premium Package, Logic 7 Premium sound system with Ipod interface, xenon adaptive headlights, Active steering, Power retractable rear sunshade, Comfort seats, Cold weather package and M5 OEM 166 wheels, Sprintbooster. Ceramic Tint all around, Bilstein Sports shocks with Eibach springs, Brake performance Rotors and Axxis ceramic pads.

A similar thing happened to me on my E39 with OEM M parallel rims. I had a flat tire so I went to JUST TIRES which is supposed to be a good shop for low profile tires. I asked the guy that help me out if they can fix the tires without damaging the rims. He said that they do it all the time. So when they were done, they pull up the car just as close to the exit door and the guy open the the driver side door for me and guiding me to get in. So I stopped him and said I want to checked the rims, whallah, there is a big gauge on the lip of my rim. I was furious and right away blasted at the guy saying "so this is the reason why you want me to drive away without checking your work. He started denying his actions. So I asked to speak to a manager, he checked it and claim the gauge could have been there prior to the tire patched up. I told him to see how fresh the gauge is and dare him that if you can see a single blemish on any of my rims and the car as a whole, I will call it quits. He then spoke to the technician who fix the tires and a moment later told me that they will have it fixed. We are now in the waiting area with about 5 people waiting for the car as well. So again I was hysterical and intentionally being loud so everyone can hear. I will only agree if they replace it. The manager finally agreed and I asked for a written note of the replacement. 5 days later they called and got my brand new rim in a box(OEM). They took the gauge rims as per requirement of their insurance. Leason learned always checked your car everytime someone else handles it.
Old 12-30-2010, 07:13 PM
Members

My Ride: 2007 530xi Auto sport package

BMW will replace the wheel at no charge. They did for me!
Old 12-30-2010, 07:28 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by mfaraldi
BMW will replace the wheel at no charge. They did for me!
what if its a non-oem rim?
Old 12-30-2010, 07:39 PM
Senior Members

If I were you, I will claim BMW for new rims or no matter what, they use their method to make the scratch disappear...I don care!

They said "they will eventually get dinged and scratched up a little not worth the fight or", this is what a fucking excuse I have heard from a "service" company. You should tell her/him that "you will eventually die, let me hit you by the E60 and a broken leg is not worth the fight".

I have 19" rims and easy to scratch on street but this is due to my careless and have nothing to say (I will repair and repaint it) but if the dent is made by a service man, this is totally unacceptable unless he warn you in day one.
Old 12-30-2010, 07:45 PM
Contributors

Most BMW shops have wheel refinishing capability or shop that out to a third party; IMHO they can make your wheel like-new very quickly and easily and should do that without any further inconvenience to you.
Old 12-30-2010, 09:46 PM
Senior Members

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
My Ride: E60 530i

Minor issue..........
With that said, Raise the issue up to the top and don't take NO for an answer. See what they want to give you....whatever it is, convert their compensation into dollars.....for instance, if they offer to fix it ask them what it will take and how much the cost is........obviously they'll shoot high because they want you to feel compensated. After you get that number, tell them to refund that difference off your bill. I wouldn't have paid that bill and took the extra 30 min to hash it out but that's just me. I never pay until i test. NEVER. That's where 90% of customers make their mistake and then go and complain 100x later and end up going back 2-3 times.

After you get your refund/compensation or whatever...... go home, take some Turtle wax or 3M rubbing and polishing compound, a buffer and you'll get it back to new status. You won't be able to tell. I'll give you tips later if you get to that point and if you PM me.

That's really nothing you can't easily fix bro but it's something to get you leverage and a nice refund on your service. BTW next time you have someone do your wheels make sure you tell them (they should already know) to mount from the rear and to check the polycarbon/rubber covers that go over the wheel clamp.
Old 12-31-2010, 05:58 AM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: Black 2006 BMW 530i with sport and prem package, staggered 124 wheels, 50% tint, AC Schnitzer aluminum pedals, black interior w/ alum trim set, M style body kit and sound upgrade: Alpine PDX-5, PXE-H660, sub, MBQuart speakers.

Originally Posted by AchtungE60
Minor issue..........
With that said, Raise the issue up to the top and don't take NO for an answer. See what they want to give you....whatever it is, convert their compensation into dollars.....for instance, if they offer to fix it ask them what it will take and how much the cost is........obviously they'll shoot high because they want you to feel compensated. After you get that number, tell them to refund that difference off your bill. I wouldn't have paid that bill and took the extra 30 min to hash it out but that's just me. I never pay until i test. NEVER. That's where 90% of customers make their mistake and then go and complain 100x later and end up going back 2-3 times.

After you get your refund/compensation or whatever...... go home, take some Turtle wax or 3M rubbing and polishing compound, a buffer and you'll get it back to new status. You won't be able to tell. I'll give you tips later if you get to that point and if you PM me.

That's really nothing you can't easily fix bro but it's something to get you leverage and a nice refund on your service. BTW next time you have someone do your wheels make sure you tell them (they should already know) to mount from the rear and to check the polycarbon/rubber covers that go over the wheel clamp.
+1
Old 12-31-2010, 06:53 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Original E60 Spec: 530i - Silver Grey Out, Black Dakota Leather In, Navigation Pro, Voice Command, HiFi Audio, Sports Package, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package w/ Heated Seats, Style# 123 Alloy Track Wheels, Auto AC, Power Front Seats, Active Turn Xennon Headlights, Mods: OEM M-Tech Front Bumper, OEM M Side Skirts, OEM M5 Rear Bumper, M5 Trunk Lid Finisher, M5 Style Mirrors, Custom Hamann Style Splitter, Custom Hartge Style Diffuser, RD Sport Boot Spoiler, LCI Taillights, Bruce Miranda's V4 LCI Retro Cables, 6000K Xenon light Bulbs, Xenon White LED License Plate Lights, 8000K HID 9006 Fog Lights, Akalius� Front Headlight Euro Overlays, Matte Black Kidney Grilles, E60.Net Clings, Debadged, Llumar Tinting "Micro Edged, 15% Rear 35% Sides, Engine Mods: Custom Magnaflow Quad Exhaust w/ Eisenmann Stamped 3� Tips, RPI Scoop (Red) Added Electronics: V1 Equipped (Hardwired), OEM Alpine CD Changer Retrofit, Shoes: SOLD-20" Staggered Vertini Hennesey Rims, Falcon 452's Tires-SOLD New Shoes: 19" VMR 710 Hyper Silver, General Exclaim UHP 245/35/19 Front-275/30/19 Rear, Gloss Silver Caliper Paint Job DIY ^_____________ Retired ______________ Took Delivery 10/26/2009: LOADED! E60 M5 Silverstone II/Black, Active Seats, Comfort Ventilated/Heated Seats, HUD, Brushed Aluminum Trim,

Make them fix it.
Old 12-31-2010, 07:01 AM
Contributors

You're too nice .. I would've had them give me another loaner until they fix the wheels they damaged.
Old 12-31-2010, 08:05 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 04' 545i, Sport Package, Black, Active Xenon, ARS, Aux Input '10 Tahoe, Black on Black, leather, Nav/XM, 20" tires, full body kit, power 2nd row, loaded '93 Jeep Wrangler, lifted 4.5", 33" meats, Rampage Recovery Bumper w/Tire Swing, etc 25' Aquasport Osprey, Center Console,2012 200 HO Etec

Originally Posted by JeRZee XiE60
You're too nice .. I would've had them give me another loaner until they fix the wheels they damaged.
x1,000! Never just roll over... it was brought in a certain way and should be given back that way.

Quick Reply: SO ANGRY