E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Slow I-Drive

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 07:20 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So now with 175 miles before i hit 50K i am pretty much analyzing every single thing on the car that could be replaced before it is on my dime. It seems like my I-Drive is slow to boot up when i first start the car. Additionaly when i move it side to side or forward and back it doesn't respond but this is usually within the first couple minutes of driving.

Is this common?
Old 10-16-2008, 07:25 AM
Contributors

My Ride: '05 545 Titanium Silver, Black Leather - Nav, Logic 7, Cold weather. Mods: Carbon filter removed. M5 iDrive knob. Umnitza license plate LEDs. MP3 40% 3M tint ACS Anti-Roll(sway) bars RPI Scoop G-tech Pro RR CF Roundels CF Wheel caps

Originally Posted by sluggoslinger' post='694746' date='Oct 16 2008, 11:20 AM
So now with 175 miles before i hit 50K i am pretty much analyzing every single thing on the car that could be replaced before it is on my dime. It seems like my I-Drive is slow to boot up when i first start the car. Additionaly when i move it side to side or forward and back it doesn't respond but this is usually within the first couple minutes of driving.

Is this common?
I've only got 27k on mine...but I noticed varying delay in the iDrive boot up but I think its more attributable to the time between unlocking the car and the time you hit the road. If I am in a hurry and leave quick then the iDrive is probably still booting up while I am underway. If for example I unlock the car then load some things into it then it responds much quicker after starting.
Old 10-16-2008, 07:40 AM
Members

not sure which year you have, but I brought mine to the dealer and they are updating the software in the car, which includes the IDrive. they said the software was released 2 days ago from BMW (verifying with cobradav). You should ask for this from your dealer. Also, I would extend your maint for the $1895 so that you have 2 more years/50000 more miles of peace of mind.
Old 10-16-2008, 07:58 AM
Contributors

I'm taking mine into the dealer in an hour.
Old 10-16-2008, 08:54 AM
Contributors

My Ride: '05 545 Titanium Silver, Black Leather - Nav, Logic 7, Cold weather. Mods: Carbon filter removed. M5 iDrive knob. Umnitza license plate LEDs. MP3 40% 3M tint ACS Anti-Roll(sway) bars RPI Scoop G-tech Pro RR CF Roundels CF Wheel caps

Originally Posted by Fafafoooey' post='694769' date='Oct 16 2008, 11:40 AM
not sure which year you have, but I brought mine to the dealer and they are updating the software in the car, which includes the IDrive. they said the software was released 2 days ago from BMW (verifying with cobradav). You should ask for this from your dealer. Also, I would extend your maint for the $1895 so that you have 2 more years/50000 more miles of peace of mind.
I had an update a few months ago...it seemed faster in some areas not that I can remember which now but booting up didn't seem to be one of them. I guess it would depend on how old your current software is but the hardware is still the same so there's not much room for improvement.
Old 10-16-2008, 10:36 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Brit_in_NJ' post='694852' date='Oct 16 2008, 12:54 PM
I had an update a few months ago...it seemed faster in some areas not that I can remember which now but booting up didn't seem to be one of them. I guess it would depend on how old your current software is but the hardware is still the same so there's not much room for improvement.
SA told me that software version 31.1 (source: cobradav (THANKS!!!)) was used on my car. You should bring you car into the dealer and ask for this. Here is the post from cobradav (THANKS!!!): cobradav
Old 10-16-2008, 12:25 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 530i Alpine White with Navi and Premium PackageIn progress: OEM Mtech kit, H&R Sport Springs, and 19

Not sure if this is the problem but my SA told me my issue was because I was using an "unapproved" phone for my bluetooth, so they deleted the pairing. The delay apparently for me has to do with my car trying to pair with my treo 680. Just like you after a couple of minutes I am golden.
Old 10-16-2008, 03:20 PM
Members

The software update helps a little. It navigates quicker than before. Nothing earth shattering, but no longer lagging after the phone pairs up after about 30-45 seconds.

Anyhow, good luck to those that do get the SW update.
Old 10-16-2008, 09:00 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 535i | Black Sapphire | Black Nasca Leather | Sport Package | Heads Up Display | Navigation | Lane Departure Warning | Electric Rear Sunshade | Logic 7 Sound System | USB audio | Heated Rear Seats | Ventilated Seats | Picked up: February 25, 2008

i find my iDrive rather slow... maybe i should get an update as well. is this covered in the CDN warranty?
Old 10-17-2008, 02:44 AM
Members

not sure if CDN has the same maintenance plan as in the US, but if you do, make sure you mention that you are having stuttering issues with the tranny. they will not just do an update for update's sake. they need a reason to do it, so if you mention the tranny problem, then they will update the software.

GL.

Quick Reply: Slow I-Drive