E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

SIRRIUS???

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2006, 11:17 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Get serious (oops, Rudy too). I like mine a lot. And, it sounds pretty decent to me.
Old 03-08-2006, 11:59 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i, Silver Grey, Sport Package, R. Shades, Cold Pkg, Sat. Rad., Prem. Sound.

Originally Posted by Veight' post='251474' date='Mar 7 2006, 11:26 PM
Bimmer...Do you have Sirius on your E60? Just Curious.
Yes, I have sirius in my E60. Anyone in Houston wants to buy the module from my car? Subscription is good through 11/06.

Martha's and Howard's channels are too liberal for me to listen to without saying, "damn liberal" every 3 minutes. About the only channel I listen to is "kids stuff" when my toddler is in the car. CNN, Bloomberg? I'm fine with public radio and NPR.
Old 03-08-2006, 12:13 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by Bimmer32' post='251749' date='Mar 8 2006, 03:59 PM
Yes, I have sirius in my E60. Anyone in Houston wants to buy the module from my car? Subscription is good through 11/06.

Martha's and Howard's channels are too liberal for me to listen to without saying, "damn liberal" every 3 minutes. About the only channel I listen to is "kids stuff" when my toddler is in the car. CNN, Bloomberg? I'm fine with public radio and NPR.
That's the problem. You are supposed to listen to music and the classic radio mysteries/shows. SIRIUS doesn't mean your should listen to serious stuff or should be serious when listening.
Old 03-08-2006, 12:35 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i, Silver Grey, Sport Package, R. Shades, Cold Pkg, Sat. Rad., Prem. Sound.

Originally Posted by Znod' post='251759' date='Mar 8 2006, 03:13 PM
That's the problem. You are supposed to listen to music and the classic radio mysteries/shows. SIRIUS doesn't mean your should listen to serious stuff or should be serious when listening.
I guess I bought it for the wrong reason. Still, the music sound quality is like mono. I can't get over that. There's just too much content that I can use elsewhere, e.g. weather channel, traffic, I can get from my wireless Internet (Verizon Vcard).

One time, I was listening to the Martha channel and some liberal said that, "the holiday is time to be spent alone, time for yourself because of the busy annual schedule of work. Besides, you don't want to spend time visiting mother, father, aunts, uncle's, in-law, and people you don't like so as to spoil your holiday."

What that hell? Might as well die alone or kill yourself if one has such an ego ecentric and selfish attitude. The speaker was serious (sirius) too and tried to convince callers (who were loners of course) of doing the same or similar thing.

As for Howard, we all know how he treats people (mostly women) who don't have self respective or self esteem. On episode, I saw a women getting constantly farted on by this "super world champ farter." The farting part was funny, but when that woman got under to get farted on, I flipped the channel.
Old 03-08-2006, 12:41 PM
Members

My Ride: 530i Built Nov 06 Silver Grey with Black Leather Steptronic Automatic Tranmission Premium Package Navigation System Sirius Satellite Red Reflectors :-)

Music sound quality is horrible for me. It sounds almost like AM, much worse than 128Kbps mp3. And the signal gets cut off a few seconds when I drive accross under a bridge. Anyhow, I like talk shows, entertainments, and the traffic & weather chanel; music is kind of repeatedly boring.
Old 03-08-2006, 12:58 PM
Contributors

I got my Sirius activated in early January 2005 and for the next 11.5 months I had the full intention of renewing the subscription once the free period was up. I changed my mind after finding out that they were not going to have the Fox News Channel anymore starting in Jan. 2006, so I let my subscription expire without renewing. A big portion of my listening time was spent on Fox, and I did not think it was worth renewing until they brought Fox back. CNN and Howard Stern were not good enough reasons for me to keep my subscription, as a matter of fact they were even more reasons to not renew. However, now that they are going to have Fox News again starting on March 14th I will be subscribing again.

To me the music audio quality is better than FM and pretty close to CD. Remember that Sirius is not intended to replace your CD collection or iPod, it is meant to replace your radio and therefore a sound quality that is as good or better than FM is good enough for something that is replacing your FM radio.
Old 03-08-2006, 01:00 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Bimmer32' post='251775' date='Mar 8 2006, 04:35 PM
I guess I bought it for the wrong reason. Still, the music sound quality is like mono. I can't get over that. There's just too much content that I can use elsewhere, e.g. weather channel, traffic, I can get from my wireless Internet (Verizon Vcard).
Originally all the time, and most of the time now, I think my sound quality is decent. But, lately, particularly very early in the morning, it has not seemed as good. Can a broadcaster turn the power down when broadcasting from satelite as one can otherwise?
Old 03-08-2006, 01:43 PM
Contributors

For those of you who claim sound quality worse than AM or internet broadcasts, you should have your car checked out. In all siriusness, the sound quality isn't as bad as some of you are making it out to be. And if it is, there's something wrong with your car. It's most definitely better than FM and sometimes pretty close to a CD. It really depends on what you're listening to. Keep in mind, their business model is based on content moreso than it is sound quality. I'm sure that will improve in time. It really doesn't have very far to go to appeal to an audiophile though.
Old 03-08-2006, 01:50 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 550i SMG

Originally Posted by poleposition' post='251403' date='Mar 7 2006, 09:27 PM
Just for Howard alone, it's worth having.
Don't forget Bubba The Love Sponge on ch. 101. That guy is off the hook!

I think the sound is a lot better than FM.
Old 03-08-2006, 01:59 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '05 545i - scheduled for ED pickup in Munich on 7/22!

Originally Posted by poleposition' post='251804' date='Mar 8 2006, 05:43 PM
For those of you who claim sound quality worse than AM or internet broadcasts, you should have your car checked out. In all siriusness, the sound quality isn't as bad as some of you are making it out to be. And if it is, there's something wrong with your car. It's most definitely better than FM and sometimes pretty close to a CD. It really depends on what you're listening to. Keep in mind, their business model is based on content moreso than it is sound quality. I'm sure that will improve in time. It really doesn't have very far to go to appeal to an audiophile though.
So if my FM stations sound better or similar than my Sirius, what part of the car should I look into? The sharkfin antenna?
All I know is, Sirius is nowhere near CD, at least in my car.

BTW, my friend just got XM in his car and he says the signal never cuts out. He believes XM has relays in urban areas (like cellular networks) so you don't necessarily have to have line of sight with the satellites. Now I wish BMW offered XM...

Quick Reply: SIRRIUS???