E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Sirius radio display on I-Drive

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2004, 02:52 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When you have Sirius radio, which displays the artist and title of of the current song, you can't get back to that display if you do anything else in I-Drive. You have to return to the Sirius channel list and select to "play" the current channel, which causes the music to cut out and back on before it will redisplay the artist and title text. Maybe I missed something somewhere, but I can't find any way around this.

Anyone find a way around this?
Old 04-06-2004, 04:40 AM
gregg

Arrow

I tried to order my 530 with sirius sat. radio and also nav system, but the dealer told me that bnw has found an incompatibility with the 2 of them, so only one or the other can be ordered for now until autumn 04. do you have the nav system as well? that could be a potential problem. they told me that one cannot even order the sirius prep on the car if it has the nav system as well.
Old 04-06-2004, 09:13 AM
Members

No, I do not have Nav. I knew about the incompatibility before I ordered, and I chose to order Sirius since I rarely have a need for nav.

Sirius works great as a factory-installed option. My question was really just about how to return to the song title display.
Old 04-07-2004, 12:09 PM
Members

I have the same issue and can't figure a way around this either. Too many button presses to get back to the most desirable screen, IMO. I do not get any hesitation in the song being played however. It would also be nice to get back in to the car and have the last screen saved in memory, after that silly legal screen, but no dice. It does save my last screen if I am out of the car for only a few minutes, in Sat or CD mode. Strange. Anything longer and I have to go through all the presses to get to my previous screen.
Old 04-07-2004, 12:31 PM
Members

Jhalsey-
Off topic from your Sirius/NAV questions but wondering if you could post a few pics of your new ride. I have same color ordered and would love to see some real life pics. Are you happy with the color/interior? I think the silver colors look OK but are far to common across all autos on the road today. I thought the Ti/Gray looked very classy...
thanks
Old 04-07-2004, 01:08 PM
Members

Drinkh20:

I love my color combo. I've had so many compliments on both the Titanium Gray exterior and the Anthracite Maple trim interior.

I only have a couple exterior photos so far. I just got my rear red reflectors yesterday, and I plan to post more pictures this weekend of the inside and outside.
Attached Thumbnails Sirius radio display on I-Drive-103_0390.jpg  
Old 04-07-2004, 01:10 PM
Members

Another photo:
Attached Thumbnails Sirius radio display on I-Drive-103_0399.jpg