E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Sirius Installed

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2005, 06:45 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Silver Grey Metallic 545i, Logic 7, Comfort Seats with Black Dakota Leather, Sirius Satellite Radio, Euro Reflectors, Aux Input Build Date 9/03

Well after a year and a half of ownership, I at least have one thing I was promised at delivery-satellite radio. I've only played around with it a little tonight and most of that was spent setting up my account and activation, but it seems pretty cool. Looks like no more sitting in Atlanta traffic with limited AM/FM choices. I was also surprised when the Sirius rep told me that I got the first year free, nice bonus. As far as the TCU replacement goes, my SA says he really fought to get my unit replaced but the Service Manager would not budge. He (my SA) assured me that I would get my TCU replaced eventually, just be patient. They even put my red reflectors on that I purchased from bekkers at no charge (admittedly an easy install but they didn't have to do it for me). Nice to have it back, 3 days away was too long.
Old 03-03-2005, 06:54 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ATLESixty' date='Mar 3 2005, 09:45 PM
Well after a year and a half of ownership, I at least have one thing I was promised at delivery-satellite radio. I've only played around with it a little tonight and most of that was spent setting up my account and activation, but it seems pretty cool. Looks like no more sitting in Atlanta traffic with limited AM/FM choices. I was also surprised when the Sirius rep told me that I got the first year free, nice bonus. As far as the TCU replacement goes, my SA says he really fought to get my unit replaced but the Service Manager would not budge. He (my SA) assured me that I would get my TCU replaced eventually, just? be patient. They even put my red reflectors on that I purchased from bekkers at no charge (admittedly an easy install but they didn't have to do it for me). Nice to have it back, 3 days away was too long.
[snapback]96908[/snapback]
Congratulations!

Does anyone know if it's possible to do away with the monthly recurring charges for the Sirius service in the BMW by paying an upfront lumpsum payment?
Old 03-03-2005, 07:41 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

You can pay for a year in advance (at a discount over the month-to-month rate) or you can get a lifetime subscription...