E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Silver-Gray vs Sapphire Black

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2004, 02:27 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello Everyone,

I 'm new the board, and very excited about being part of you guys' forum for the E-60 . I was referred by another newbie (JROC). I just ordered my car a few days ago with just about every option offered, and now having the problem with what color to choose . I 'm scheduled to have the car delivered in January 05, so I have a sufficient amount of time for choice of color. But I am also one who doesn't like procrastination. Blame that on the Military! But the choices I have narrowed down to are Silver-Gray vs Sapphire/ Jet Black. As for now, I'm chosing the Silver-Gray, but Black looks extremely clean also . I don't know, due to the fact that I haven't seen an E-60 in about 9 mos. (Presently deployed in Iraq) Please help me reach a decision so I can close out my deal completely. I appreciate any help you guys can give.
Old 09-22-2004, 04:03 AM
Senior Members

welcome aboard ! you'll find this forum is the most informative and we have the nicest, knowledgable people in here . i have the silver gray w/black interior and love it . silver gray is easier to maintain than black...by far . don't get me wrong, black is very nice but you need to clean it at least once a week . please post some pics when you have your car .
Old 09-22-2004, 04:29 AM
Senior Members

welcome to the site

to echo the other comments...sapphire black v.nice but usual warning about keeping black cars clean, so silver-gray would be my choice...that said i nearly bough SB...ooh its tough...go with your either way nice car will be heading your way !
Old 09-22-2004, 06:17 AM
Senior Members

Silver Gray.
Old 09-22-2004, 06:17 AM
JDN
Contributors

Welcome, Ruthless. If you have had a black car before, nothing looks better. If you have not had a black car, you might as well go ahead and get it out of your system. If little minute particles of dust bother you right after you have detailed it, then black will not be a totally satisfying experience, except for fleeting seconds between wipe downs. <_<

My first car was black. My next one was a beige and then I gravitated to white. Twenty years later, I tried another black - kept it for one year. I like black cars, but I would rather someone else keep it clean for me.
Old 09-22-2004, 06:18 AM
Senior Members

Silver gray with black interior here too, I luv it
Old 09-22-2004, 09:10 AM

IMO nothing looks better than a clean, jet black E60. With tinting and the right wheels the car just looks drop dead lean, mean, and stunning. There is really no comparison with any other color.

However, it is a bear to keep clean. Jet black will show up fingerprints, swirls, and pretty much anything that touches it. I've had a metallic black car, and it looks great, and hides dirt, swirls and smudges better, but it's not quite the same - it's 'not quite' black. I've got an M5 on order, and haven't made up my mind yet, but I'll probably go with black. If you want a car that looks good all the time, go with silver. If you want the best looking car you can get, go with jet black.
Old 09-22-2004, 09:20 AM
Contributors

RUTHLESS530:
Welcome. I have silver-grey with grey leather. Very satisfied with both. Good luck with your new wheels.
Old 09-22-2004, 10:40 AM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

I have silvergray with the beige interior and it looks awesome!! Very satisfied with it..

Juan2mini can you show us a picture of the exterior color with a door open so we can see the interior.. I have never seen that combo for real and would love to see how it looks!
Old 09-22-2004, 10:55 AM
Contributors

RUTHLESS530, First let me thank you for your service in Iraq, God's speed in returning home and driving your new 530i.

As for the color I would have to echo everyones replies.
I too suffered threw the choice , as I loved the Jet Black E-60 look, kind of Stealth , and tight ( i.e. a little smaller and more nimble looking if that makes sense ).

I chose Silver Grey, with Grey leather , looks stuning at night, and always looks clean.
I use my 545 as a daily driver, and frequent a nice local carwash, black would have been too much for me to handle as I have owned and still own a black sedan.

DR.Z

Quick Reply: Silver-Gray vs Sapphire Black