E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

side by side comparison

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2010, 12:09 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello,

Can someone do a side by side comparison of a trinity mtec kit next to stock 535? I am looking for front, side and rear.

Also, i have a dark gray car...when I install trinity kit, should i paint the diffuser 2 colors or 1 and are there any examples that can be collected on this thread?

Thanks for the help, I am taking my car to the body shop Sunday night and I want to give him a clear idea of what I want to do.

Additional bonus question...Is there a DIY for removing calipers in front and rear for painting? I saw the painting thread, but I am looking for a more step by step remove the caliper to paint thread that explains what to and to not paint/tape etc.

Im almost there
Old 07-08-2010, 09:59 PM
Members

wow, I got nothing on this?
Old 07-08-2010, 10:51 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: A Car

Patience buddy! I need time to go through every thread! LOL.

- Can someone do a side by side comparison of a trinity mtec kit next to stock 535? I am looking for front, side and rear.
I dont have any pix but some members will definitely shed some light. This is member Howitzer's car: https://5series.net/forums/topic/100...-lots-of-pics/

Now just picture a stock LCI 535i

- Also, i have a dark gray car...when I install trinity kit, should i paint the diffuser 2 colors or 1 and are there any examples that can be collected on this thread?

I would color match it. IMO, I dont like different color splitters or diffusers

- Additional bonus question...Is there a DIY for removing calipers in front and rear for painting? I saw the painting thread, but I am looking for a more step by step remove the caliper to paint thread that explains what to and to not paint/tape etc.

Just get the duplicolor brush-on caliper paint. U can get it at autozone or similar. No need to remove calipers. Just clean it with the can of spray cleaner that comes with the package, use a brush to brush it, let dry, and brush the paint on. I did it in the rain!!!! Do it one wheel at a time then put the wheels back on and dont drive until the next day. I drove after 5 hours though and it's still great!
Old 07-09-2010, 10:03 AM
Members

John...Thanks for the advice on the brush on, I am going to do this tonight. Is there a specific jack point on these cars or am I under the wheel weel pillar?