E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Side lights?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2005, 07:39 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Do you American E60 friends have any pictures of your front and rear side lights?

In Europe they probably are different. The front has angel eyes and side diods but how about the rear.
Both the front and rear lamps seems to have blind areas.

Thanks,
Riku
Old 07-13-2005, 01:15 PM
Senior Members

sorry for my poor english but i don't quite understand what are you trying to ask . afaik, the only difference is the amber reflectors on the cars in the states. other than that, everything is the same. you can always go to the gallery to see more pics .
Old 07-14-2005, 10:18 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Originally Posted by alohalc' date='Jul 13 2005, 11:15 PM
sorry for my poor english but i don't quite understand what are you trying to ask .? afaik, the only difference is the amber reflectors on the cars in the states.? other than that, everything is the same.? you can always go to the gallery to see more pics .
[snapback]148787[/snapback]

The yellow sidelights are obligatory in the US but not in the EU.

See new pics for details. Sorry "out kold" for loaning your pics.
Old 07-14-2005, 10:32 AM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

I understand what ricracing means.

He means rear sidelights. See the picture of the supra to see seperate sidelights.

Mercedes and Volvo merge these seperate lights in the taillights of the car. Thus creating a sidelight in the rearlight cluster at the side.

European cars don't have these rear sidelights.

(P.s: How do you like my artwork on the cars??? )
Attached Thumbnails Side lights?-sidelightsupra.jpg   Side lights?-nosidelightsupra.jpg  
Old 07-14-2005, 01:19 PM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

C'mon somebody in the US has to know if he has rear sidelights...

Enlighten us!!!
Old 07-14-2005, 03:31 PM
Senior Members

oh, now i see what you mean. i have to check and see if i have the lights.
Old 07-14-2005, 05:06 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 Silver Gray 545i, Sport, Navigation, Steptronic, PDC, Windowshade, Bluetooth Paired with Treo 650, Huper Optik tint, Euro reflectors, Poplar Wood Gear Shift, Poplar Wood Console Cover

Originally Posted by 530E60NL' date='Jul 14 2005, 04:19 PM
C'mon somebody in the US has to know if he has rear sidelights...

Enlighten us!!!
[snapback]149164[/snapback]

Ok, I will be the first. No rear sideLIGHTS. It looks just like the image, however there are no bulbs in that rear section. It is more of a reflector.
Old 07-15-2005, 06:24 AM
Contributors

Ok, I will be the first. No rear sideLIGHTS. It looks just like the image, however there are no bulbs in that rear section. It is more of a reflector.
[snapback]149242[/snapback]
[/quote]

Thanks for the info. I really do not understand why BMW doesn't use the empty space in rear light section as a side light. It would look really nice.

But in front I suspect there is a differance between US and EU cars. There is a similar reflector type area under the side led lighs. (See 530E60NL:s identification picture ). In my car this area is also a reflector type and does not have a light.
Does this section work as a side light or an turnlight in the US?