E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Showing DVD Drive

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 02:53 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by delwarulislam
Hi Shogun112,

Dont bother buying the one that comes with the tool as all it does is activates the KMP3 function, why pay them extra for a function which if BMW have updated the software in which that little kit they give would not work with.

I already have MP3 CD's playing in my DVD-Slot and CD-Slot the guy who i bought my Dension 500 and AVR from wanted to check and see if the little kit he sells works with updated software and nothing it didnt work.

Try using a MP3 CD in either slot and see if it works, if it dont work then do what i did, go back to them and tell them that after programming none of the slots plays MP3 CD's, they will give you a load of bullshit about not playing copied CD's (and i mean serious bullshit literally coming out of the service advisors mouth ) just see your BMW Manual and throw the manual at the service advisors face and say read the fucking manual where it says you are able to play copied CD's.

Anyways argue with them that it was playing mp3 CD's but it is'nt now and they will do it for free.

These service advisors try everything but you have to stick your ground, they might even turn around and say your car build date dont accept KMP3 function, at this point show them the middle finger and tell them you want to speak to the manager .

I know cause ive done it and its worked lol.
Hi delwarulislam,
yesterday I had a call from the dealership "were you hapy with the work we carried out" people... I told them NO... She wanted to know why, so I told her, taking 3 days to do what was supposed to be a 1-2 hour job, and also when I asked about the MP3's playing the desk guy was clueless and preferred to get rid of me by saying it probably could not be done. I pointed her to a service bulletin from BMW and told her it could be done, and how could I trust that Haliwell Jones had aany clue in the future to deal with technical issues with my car.

She went away to get a tech to call me but told me it SHOULD be today. Still waiting..!!
Old 02-08-2011, 04:13 AM
Members

Lol i had the same issue...the service manager called me and said it cant be done to cars built before 2005 and i said it wasnt an option from factory, and i replied saying it can be done as it was playing it before (i lied, i know )...but he kept saying it cant be, so i said it must of been a retrofit done by the previous owner, then i hit him with a question 'did my car have aux in from factory?' he replied 'no' and i said well 'guess what i have aux in which means the previous owner had these done so i want my mp3 capabilities back' and thats when he said to bring my car down they will activate it for me, the dealership hooked it up to the computer and bmw head office programmed it via the net.
they couldnt actually do it themselves.

Just shows how imcompetant some of the dealerships really are.

its a pain with them sometimes as you tell them a problem and its like to talking to a deaf headless chicken, as I had problems with my CD player and they changed my CD Changer. stupid or what cost them double the money as they had to replace the CD player the next day.
Old 02-08-2011, 04:29 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530 d M-sport e60

I wish I had a pound for every time I had some say they have been told MP3 is not possible before 2005, I had it on my 2003 E60.
Old 02-08-2011, 04:34 AM
Members

Originally Posted by BLooD
I wish I had a pound for every time I had some say they have been told MP3 is not possible before 2005, I had it on my 2003 E60.
lol Blood you would be drivig an M5 by now

Shogun be aware that they will try and say anything to get this matter closed so stick your ground and show them your not having none of it.
Old 02-09-2011, 10:28 AM
Members

It got escallated today to a manager, then the original SA called me to ask me questions. I ended up sending him the TIS PDF file that explains the issue and shows another TIS document how to fix it. I now await their reply, and, yes I intend to not let them mess me about. Will let you know.
Old 02-09-2011, 08:50 PM
Members

i have a 2004 E60 built 07/04 with navigation, logic 7, voice command and cd changer, i took the car to my local bmw dealers and i asked the service advisor if he can try and activate my bluetooth and mp3, the guy was very nice and told me he can try, i left my car there and when i got it back my bluetooth was working and i was told i have the new software and they are not sure if the mp3 is working or not but if it didnt work there is nothing they can do!!..... i came back to the house and tried a mp3 cd in cd, dvd, and cd changer but it didnt work.. i tried everything possible to convince all the bmw dealers i know and no luck!.. they all say it's not possible, i know it could be done but how can we actually convinced them to do it
Old 02-10-2011, 01:04 AM
Members

Originally Posted by lasvegasguy
i have a 2004 E60 built 07/04 with navigation, logic 7, voice command and cd changer, i took the car to my local bmw dealers and i asked the service advisor if he can try and activate my bluetooth and mp3, the guy was very nice and told me he can try, i left my car there and when i got it back my bluetooth was working and i was told i have the new software and they are not sure if the mp3 is working or not but if it didnt work there is nothing they can do!!..... i came back to the house and tried a mp3 cd in cd, dvd, and cd changer but it didnt work.. i tried everything possible to convince all the bmw dealers i know and no luck!.. they all say it's not possible, i know it could be done but how can we actually convinced them to do it
Give them this document.

Attached..

mp3_retrofit_bulletin1.pdf
Old 02-10-2011, 08:44 AM
Members

Originally Posted by lasvegasguy

Yep just as shogun said take that and throw it on there face

If they dont know how to do it then BMW germany will do it remotely over the net when your car is hooked up in the dealership.
Old 02-10-2011, 10:24 PM
Members

Is it possible to add mp3 support to the CD Changer?
Old 02-23-2011, 04:40 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Randuin
Is it possible to add mp3 support to the CD Changer?
Hi Randuin, the answer is no.

Quick Reply: Showing DVD Drive