E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Showing DVD Drive

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2011 | 12:01 PM
Members

Hi,
I put my 2005 E60 into the Dealership at Chester last week to get the iDrive software up to the newwest version. After 2 full days and nights with them, and BMW getting involved, all is working fine. I do though have a new menu option called "CD Drive"... See picture... And when I select it.. the message is on the next pictures1... I did go ahead and try a standard DVD movie in both the slots of my CCC but it never played anything. Have they enabled something that I can somehow get working? And what is CD16 in the bottom left there?
Showing DVD Drive-p1000186.jpg
Showing DVD Drive-p1000187.jpg
Old 02-06-2011 | 12:18 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 530i, Jet Black, Tan, Premium, Steptronic

The CCC includes two drives- a DVD and a CD. The DVD is the lower slot and is where the navigation disc goes.

The CD menu is for the single CD. The CD1, CD2, etc. is for the CD-Changer. Do you not have a CD-Changer in the glove box? If not, then you can add one now, or, better yet, add the iPod adapter.

I am not sure if the DVD driver can play movies, or not, you'll have to wait for someone else to chime in. I do know that the DVD can play MP3 files.
Old 02-06-2011 | 12:21 PM
Members

Originally Posted by txag_530i
The CCC includes two drives- a DVD and a CD. The DVD is the lower slot and is where the navigation disc goes.

The CD menu is for the single CD. The CD1, CD2, etc. is for the CD-Changer. Do you not have a CD-Changer in the glove box? If not, then you can add one now, or, better yet, add the iPod adapter.

I am not sure if the DVD driver can play movies, or not, you'll have to wait for someone else to chime in. I do know that the DVD can play MP3 files.
Yes, I do have a CD changer in the glove box. I never tried the DVD movie in one of them slots though.
Old 02-06-2011 | 12:29 PM
Members

My Ride: 530i M Sport 2005

how much did BMW charge to update the software?
Old 02-06-2011 | 12:32 PM
Members

Originally Posted by jambo*james
how much did BMW charge to update the software?
It cost me £149.00... It was supposed to take up to 2 hrs.. they ended up keeping it into a 3rd day becuase things kept crashing. BMW evetually got onto it and gave my dealership some new software which fixed their problems.
Old 02-06-2011 | 01:32 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530 d M-sport e60

Seams they have enabled the DVD menu for the DVD changer, there was an option to have a 6 disc dvd changer in the boot. Did they by any chance say what version the new software is?
Old 02-06-2011 | 01:39 PM
Members

Originally Posted by BLooD
Seams they have enabled the DVD menu for the DVD changer, there was an option to have a 6 disc dvd changer in the boot. Did they by any chance say what version the new software is?
Hi Blood,
was the DVD changer for video, or for music only.? Sounds interesting if I can add something that is already coded.!!

When I picked up the car, I asked the desk guy, what version software have I now got, and he was clueless tbh. I asked him if they had enabled KMP3, and he was just as clueless.!! I suppose I could alway phone again and ask them to please find out for me..!
Old 02-06-2011 | 01:44 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530 d M-sport e60

Never ask the desk guy or the SA as they are complete dicks, the techs or the head tech is the best place for info. The dvd changer was for dvd video if memory serves me correct, option SA696 I believe but you will also need the video module so if your thinking of adding the dvd changer you will also need the video module as well.
Old 02-06-2011 | 01:50 PM
Members

Originally Posted by BLooD
Never ask the desk guy or the SA as they are complete dicks, the techs or the head tech is the best place for info. The dvd changer was for dvd video if memory serves me correct, option SA696 I believe but you will also need the video module so if your thinking of adding the dvd changer you will also need the video module as well.
Meh..!! Sounds expensive. TBH, my next plan is to install a Gateway 500 in it when I can figure out which one to buy. Either the normal standard one, or the one which comes with a tool to activate some features.
Old 02-08-2011 | 02:30 AM
Members

Hi Shogun112,

Dont bother buying the one that comes with the tool as all it does is activates the KMP3 function, why pay them extra for a function which if BMW have updated the software in which that little kit they give would not work with.

I already have MP3 CD's playing in my DVD-Slot and CD-Slot the guy who i bought my Dension 500 and AVR from wanted to check and see if the little kit he sells works with updated software and nothing it didnt work.

Try using a MP3 CD in either slot and see if it works, if it dont work then do what i did, go back to them and tell them that after programming none of the slots plays MP3 CD's, they will give you a load of bullshit about not playing copied CD's (and i mean serious bullshit literally coming out of the service advisors mouth ) just see your BMW Manual and throw the manual at the service advisors face and say read the fucking manual where it says you are able to play copied CD's.

Anyways argue with them that it was playing mp3 CD's but it is'nt now and they will do it for free.

These service advisors try everything but you have to stick your ground, they might even turn around and say your car build date dont accept KMP3 function, at this point show them the middle finger and tell them you want to speak to the manager .

I know cause ive done it and its worked lol.

Quick Reply: Showing DVD Drive