E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Setting Vent control and Auto

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2005, 07:44 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 E60 BMW 525i - BIRTHDAY- 11/04 - EXTERIOR- Amethyst Gray Metallic. INTERIOR- Beige Dakota Leather w/Dark Poplar Grain Wood. OPTIONS- Automatic Transmission, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, 6-disc CD changer, Bluetooth using Verizon Raza V3c phone, SIRIUS Satellite Radio. ADD-ON's- 545i Chrome Grill, Euro Red Reflectors, Factory all-weater matts & Factory Coat-Hanger.

When you set up the Vent settings non of that stays once you hit auto huh? Does the body (forgot what it's called) with the + & - hot/cold setting stay or does it all go back to factory setting once you go to auto (which is what I use anyway) also is there any advantage/disadvantage of setting your auto on High, Med. or Low? I always had it on MED. but am going to try the LOW setting to see if it is a little less loud. But as far as cooling/heating up the car how quick of a job does High do over Low and by keeping it on low am I putting stress on the A/C to cool the car longer because low takes a longer time?

I know these are really stupid questions (I think the heat is getting to me) but I think it is because while I was trying to do the "use to heat on high and open the windows/sunroof to try and get the ODOR out of my A/C" I actualy stayed in the car to read my E60 book on setting my auto settings and it's about 80 - 85 out... so got a little brain melting going on
Old 07-27-2005, 08:31 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i with everything

The hot/cold idrive settings stay where you put it on auto. my E46 had the hot/cold adjustment on the dashboard which makes a heck of a lot more sense than having it on idrive since I used to adjust it frequently even during the same trip.
Old 07-27-2005, 09:46 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Originally Posted by John007' date='Jul 27 2005, 05:44 PM
When you set up the Vent settings non of that stays once you hit auto huh?? Does the body (forgot what it's called) with the + & - hot/cold setting stay or does it all go back to factory setting once you go to auto (which is what I use anyway) also is there any advantage/disadvantage of setting your auto on High, Med. or Low?? I always had it on MED. but am going to try the LOW setting to see if it is a little less loud.? But as far as cooling/heating up the car how quick of a job does High do over Low and by keeping it on low am I putting stress on the A/C to cool the car longer because low takes a longer time?

I know these are really stupid questions (I think the heat is getting to me) but I think it is because while I was trying to do the "use to heat on high and open the windows/sunroof to try and get the ODOR out of my A/C" I actualy stayed in the car to read my E60 book on setting my auto settings and it's about 80 - 85 out... so got a little brain melting going on
[snapback]153560[/snapback]
All your setting should be memorised and depending on what key is used, sttings should change.
I.e. your wifes key has her own settings.

Also you should have the newest CIP installed. In my old '04 E60 I had a few problems before they put in the CIP 17 version.
Old 07-28-2005, 01:43 AM
Members

Do you know if the key memory can memorize the settings for the air re-circulation button? If you chose automatic or manual re-circulation, would the memory remember that? I know that the key remembers whether you like to start the engine with the a/c on or off. It depends on whether you shut the engine with the a/c still running or not.

Thanks
Old 07-28-2005, 12:59 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 BMW 530I steptronic, Orient Blue, Dakota Black Leather, Finishers Aluminium with Wave Cutting interior, NAVIgation, Radio PROFESSIONAL, CD in-dash, Hi-Fi extended sound system, PDC system, Bi-Xenons lights with washers, cruise-control, heated seats, Extended AC, auto"shade" mirrors, auto lights sensors, rain/wiper sensor, M-tech leather multifunction steering wheel, side airbags rearseats, sliding armrest, smoker's package (I don't smoke!), velour floor mats, spare wheel and jack, 122 style rims winter setup, M135 style rims summer setup [color=red]Mods:[/color] [color=blue]M tech sport steering wheel with M5 SMG paddles working retrofit done ! Trunk lid opening button retrofit done.[/color] [color=blue]3M window 35% tint done Chrome grilles E60.net Clings [/color]

same question here, I always drive on custom setting of the ac system, vents speed, temps, also air distribution set in iDrive. But when pressing Auto mode and than turning Auto off all my custom setting are lost and set to some stupid factory setting, this all while driving.

What about I restart the car with the same key? Will it reload back? Haven't tried yet
Old 07-28-2005, 02:36 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 E60 BMW 525i - BIRTHDAY- 11/04 - EXTERIOR- Amethyst Gray Metallic. INTERIOR- Beige Dakota Leather w/Dark Poplar Grain Wood. OPTIONS- Automatic Transmission, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, 6-disc CD changer, Bluetooth using Verizon Raza V3c phone, SIRIUS Satellite Radio. ADD-ON's- 545i Chrome Grill, Euro Red Reflectors, Factory all-weater matts & Factory Coat-Hanger.

Originally Posted by Peter530i' date='Jul 28 2005, 04:59 PM
same question here, I always drive on custom setting of the ac system, vents speed, temps, also air distribution set in iDrive. But when pressing Auto mode and than turning Auto off all my custom setting are lost and set to some stupid factory setting, this all while driving.

What about I restart the car with the same key? Will it reload back? Haven't tried yet
[snapback]154102[/snapback]
THAT IS WHAT HAPPENS TO ME... I thought I was nuts when the other 2 people said that it stays what you set it.. Mine doesn't as soon as I hit auto it changes it to a factory setting... THANK YOU....
Old 07-28-2005, 09:16 PM
Members

When I hit auto it goes back to the factory settings also...this HAS to be a glitch!