E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Service Light Question?

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2008, 08:56 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My car needed front brake pads and micro filters, so I have replaced both and reset the lights for each, but the requires service light is still on. Do I have to take it to the shop to clear this light? Is the light on due to the maintenance issues I had or because there is a service interval that has been hit in addition to the brakes and micro filter?

By the way, the Axxis Deluxe Brake Pads are great. I put them on and a new set of Brembo Rotors (sourced from Oreilly auto parts) and I am seeing very little brake dust after two weeks and the stopping power seems at least the same.
Old 09-24-2008, 07:03 PM
Members

Anyone?
Old 09-24-2008, 07:09 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Bluesky4x4' post='674565' date='Sep 21 2008, 12:56 PM
My car needed front brake pads and micro filters, so I have replaced both and reset the lights for each, but the requires service light is still on. Do I have to take it to the shop to clear this light? Is the light on due to the maintenance issues I had or because there is a service interval that has been hit in addition to the brakes and micro filter?

By the way, the Axxis Deluxe Brake Pads are great. I put them on and a new set of Brembo Rotors (sourced from Oreilly auto parts) and I am seeing very little brake dust after two weeks and the stopping power seems at least the same.

i believe you need to take it to bmw to reset them. did you change brake pads from them?
Old 09-24-2008, 07:27 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 545i - Titanium Silver/Black, Sport pkg, Comfort Seats w/ Lumbar, Premium Sound, power rear sunshade, Adaptive Xenon Headlights, Steptronic, Park Distance Control, Fold down rear seats w/ski bag, Aux jack, 6-disk changer, puddle lamps... Engine: Custom Remus cat-back exhaust w/chrome square tips, K&N Air Filter, Charcoal Filter Removed, Sprint Booster :-), 50/50 mix of 91+100 Octane, EuroRev ECU Remap (coming soon lol), Dinan High-Flow Throttle Body (coming soon...maybe lol) Interior: Portable Sirius Stilletto 100 w/car kit, Garmin Nuvi 680 mounted below rear-view mirror, LCI-style I-drive knob, Dark Poplar Center Dashboard Trim. Exterior: E60 forum clings, 5% rear tint, ACS roof spoiler (painted black for distinct look against limo tint), ACS trunk spoiler, ACS add-on front spoiler and rear apron (awaiting installation), "18 Black Staggered BeBeS Style OER (emergency replacement for cracked sport 124 rims), black kidney grill, white accessory lighting (including license and trunk lamps), Angel-eye upgrade, AIB xenon-matched fog lamps, AIB V3's on order, red rear reflectors

Originally Posted by Bluesky4x4' post='674565' date='Sep 21 2008, 09:56 AM

The nice little Google-powered search in the upper right of these pages is your friend. Use liberally! But, here's a freebee:

E60 Condition-Based services reset instructions (aka - how to reset the freggin iDrive service indicators)
Old 09-24-2008, 09:28 PM
Senior Members

Im not 100% sure anymore but, if you just want the light off i believe these are the right directions:
1. turn your key to "2" position
2. wait for your lights on your tachometer to go off...except engine light, seatbelt, and e-brake (if applicable)
3. hold down the trip odometer button
4. your screen on your speedometer should change to whatever symbol is needed and is shown in red...ex. replace oil - oil sign
5. let go of trip odometer button
6. to reset lights, just click on trip button to whatever you want to reset and hold.
7. it should change from red to orange meaning ok - if done correctly

to my knowledge i believe that is how you do it...
i hope my description was detailed and you could understand it.