E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Seriously, how excited am I?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2005 | 08:46 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2002 330CIC with Sports and Premium (Sold 4/2005) 2005 545I Black Saphire Metalic, with Black Dakota Leather, Poplar trim. Sport Package, MTech Body kit and Spoiler, HUD, Comfort Seats, Navigation, Premium sound, CWP, Heated Rear Seats, Window shades. Valentine 1 hardwired, Aux input.

Originally Posted by JDN' date='May 19 2005, 08:10 AM
I wish I was in your shoes. But, nonetheless, I continue to experience a lesser thrill every time I drive, clean, or just look at mine. Be careful until you get the feel of your great new vehicle.?
[snapback]130626[/snapback]
JDN, that is an excellent point that I rarely hear. BE CAREFUL UNTIL YOU GET USED TO THE NEW RIDE. My 545i is about a month old, and still scares the crap out of me sometimes.
Old 05-19-2005 | 08:59 AM
Members

My Ride: '05 530i Silver Grey , black interior. Premium Package, Satellite Radio, Adaptive Xenon Headlights, alpine 500amp pushing 12" alpine sub in the trunk, MTech pedals, 30% tint.

Wow, you went from a Sears suit to a custom taylored suit. What a great change. I'm sure you will enjoy.
Old 05-19-2005 | 09:31 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

I drove a 1990 5spd Honda Accord for 14 years. I sold it for the cost of a set of tires on my E60. Big jump was was overdue.
Old 05-19-2005 | 09:56 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 545i, Orient Blue, Black Interior, Sport Package, Satellite

Congratulations-- let us know how your first day with the 530 goes!
Old 05-19-2005 | 05:49 PM
Contributors

Congrats! Sounds like me. I trade my Hyudai Excel in on my MB 190 AMG. The dealer thought I was playing, and my wife thought I was crazy. Enjoy it brother!
Old 05-19-2005 | 06:08 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i Jet Black/Black Leather AUTO Sport Package Cold Weather Package Navigation Logic 7 Audio Satellite Radio Fold Down Rear Seats

Congatulations!! You have made an awesome choice and found the best place to be on the net

Now lets get some pics and a gallery for it
Old 05-19-2005 | 06:13 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2002 330CIC with Sports and Premium (Sold 4/2005) 2005 545I Black Saphire Metalic, with Black Dakota Leather, Poplar trim. Sport Package, MTech Body kit and Spoiler, HUD, Comfort Seats, Navigation, Premium sound, CWP, Heated Rear Seats, Window shades. Valentine 1 hardwired, Aux input.

Hello.................90 minutes is long gone. Where are the pics? By the way. I decided I am keeping my 545i and will wait for the 560.
Old 05-19-2005 | 08:01 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 530si Sport, on a boat as I type!! Orient Blue, Beige leather, premium package, premium sound, cold weather, steptronic, power shades, fold down rear seats, rear seat heat, park distance control, navigation & Sirius satellite radio.

Originally Posted by LuvE60' date='May 19 2005, 09:13 PM
Hello.................90 minutes is long gone.? Where are the pics?? By the way.? I decided I am keeping my 545i and will wait for the 560.
[snapback]130914[/snapback]
Sorry, I have been too busy driving to stop and take pictures, and now it is dark. What a flat-out joy to drive. I have been driving SUV-type vehicles for 10 years straight - you forget what a difference being low to the ground makes. And throw in the fact that it's a sport-equipped BMW, and hey - what can you say?

I can definately see how this car could scare someone - lots to absorb and figure out. Thankfully that has never been an issue with me. Idrive seemed to work fine, although I am already looking for ways to get through screens faster - I am sure there is an easier way to do some stuff. Day one highlights:

1. Seeing the hyundai out of the corner of my eye as I drove out of the parking lot

2. Taking my first cloverleaf at 45 (ok, you gotta start somewhere)

3 Picking up daughter at daycare, finding out that you need to flip the switch in the door to keep said daughter from opening the locked doors. Yikes!!

4. First nighttime drive....those headlights are amazing.

I also just activated Sirius, and thanks to e60.net I knew to ask about applying the one free year towards a lifetime membership. No hassles whatsoever. I also just ordered the red reflectors...the dealer didn't have them in stock.

All in all, a great day!!
Old 05-19-2005 | 08:50 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

Originally Posted by Big Jim' date='May 19 2005, 09:01 PM
[quote name='LuvE60' date='May 19 2005, 09:13 PM']Hello.................90 minutes is long gone.? Where are the pics?? By the way.? I decided I am keeping my 545i and will wait for the 560.
Sorry, I have been too busy driving to stop and take pictures, and now it is dark. What a flat-out joy to drive. I have been driving SUV-type vehicles for 10 years straight - you forget what a difference being low to the ground makes. And throw in the fact that it's a sport-equipped BMW, and hey - what can you say?

I can definately see how this car could scare someone - lots to absorb and figure out. Thankfully that has never been an issue with me. Idrive seemed to work fine, although I am already looking for ways to get through screens faster - I am sure there is an easier way to do some stuff. Day one highlights:

1. Seeing the hyundai out of the corner of my eye as I drove out of the parking lot

3 Picking up daughter at daycare, finding out that you need to flip the switch in the door to keep said daughter from opening the locked doors. Yikes!!

I also just activated Sirius, and thanks to e60.net I knew to ask about applying the one free year towards a lifetime membership. No hassles whatsoever. I also just ordered the red reflectors...the dealer didn't have them in stock.

[snapback]130953[/snapback]
[/quote]

Happy for you.
Old 05-19-2005 | 11:51 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Big Jim' date='May 20 2005, 06:01 AM
[quote name='LuvE60' date='May 19 2005, 09:13 PM']Hello.................90 minutes is long gone.? Where are the pics?? By the way.? I decided I am keeping my 545i and will wait for the 560.

[snapback]130953[/snapback]
[/quote]

Congrats.I
Try not to neglect your daughter too much over the next few days...
Just Kidding of course.

My 2 year old daughter was so excicted when I left this morning.

"Daddy bring home new car today"
She is almost excited as me!

Quick Reply: Seriously, how excited am I?