E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seems like my Tranny is falling apart at 4500miles

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2005, 03:47 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 525i: Mystic Blue, Auburn Dakota leather Premium and Winter Package, Xenons

I think someone drugged my car this week...To begin with I was to take my car in for service for Winshield Fulid....Yesterday morning while the car was cold i drove it about five minutes...and i was approaching a parking spot...put the car in reverse to back up....then put the car in Drive "D"...and tap the gas...its not moving...so i push down a little farther...still nothing...so then i look at the Speedo Cluster...the cars in "D".....so then i put it back in "P" and then back into "D"....push half way down on the gas pedal still nothing...The RPM gauge isnt moving....nor was it moving while in "D" nor was it reving....So then i shut the car off ...turned it on and it was alright....I have 4500 miles on my car .....and also the Tranny jerks at low speeds from time to time...I've noticed this and was going to bring it up at service although it got worse...then to add on to the list...I came back couple hours later and my trunk is open....i did not push the trunk button just locked the car and left.... and it opened on its own....so i shut it iqnoring it and then couple hours later its open again....it freak the shit out of me...then to make matters worse my anti-trap windows deactivated...and the rear passenger window button for one touch up and down wouldnt work....All this in one week....is my car possessed??? Someone give me some kind of insight...im lost...ive set an appointment for next week....
Old 09-08-2005, 03:56 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 525i: Mystic Blue, Auburn Dakota leather Premium and Winter Package, Xenons

Also to top if off i forget to mention...while washing it wensday evening....there was a rattling noise coming from the front end while the car was locked....I understand the churning noise it makes while the car is awake although this was a rattle ...like someone was tapping on somthing loud..it came in intervals of 5 seconds lasting about 3 seconds each...and also when opening the car i heard somthing like a rattle snake for a couple of seconds after unlocking and opening the car after the car is asleep and awaken by me unlocking it....This noise has been occuring the last week after locking and leaving the car alone for couple of hours...when i open the door first couple of seconds before i can get in sounds like a damn rattle snake then it shuts up...WEIRD