E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Seatbelt ticket...

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2008, 09:10 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Should have worn your seatbelt. Perhaps its for the best - pay the $120 and maybe you will learn a lesson and not end up a cripple
Old 11-18-2008, 09:26 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i

you are guilty for not wearing the seatbelt.. pay the ticket.. the court will setup your hearing when that officer will be there for others as well.. you think they are going to call cops in every single day because everyone wants to fight their tickets?..

ps.. that dinging in the car is so phucking annoying.. i have no clue how you can avoid going nuts listening to it
Old 11-18-2008, 09:27 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by pgetsch' post='724116' date='Nov 18 2008, 12:15 PM
with all do respect i was not asking for a lesson in seatbelt safety. i was wondering if anyone had any luck fighting a seatbelt ticket. whether i wear a seatbelt or not is of no one elses concern. it does not make me a safer driver nor does it subject anyone else on the road to any danger. to all of those who have an issue with me not wearing my seatbelt please think back to all the times you have driven a car after having a beer with dinner or maybe were talking on the phone while racing to work at 70 mph. i will bet my next paycheck that when it comes to driving no one here has followed each and every traffic law so please do not preach to me about safe driving practices.

anyway, has anyone had any luck fighting a seatbelt ticket?
+1
we have too much government intrusion on our lives...
Old 11-18-2008, 09:30 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by andy535xi' post='724163' date='Nov 18 2008, 10:10 AM
Should have worn your seatbelt. Perhaps its for the best - pay the $120 and maybe you will learn a lesson and not end up a cripple
+1 to that.
Old 11-18-2008, 09:42 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 545i /w Sport pkg - SMG - Nav - Premium pkg - PDC - Ready to begin my modding! =)

Originally Posted by unknown' post='724182' date='Nov 18 2008, 11:27 AM
+1
+100 I whole heartedly agree, if a grown person decides not to wear his seatbelt that his choice whether it be dumb or not, a minor thats a different story.

I agree you should fight the ticket, its is your word versus his w/o any other evidence to back him up. Besides to the best of my knowledge its a non moving violation anyway, so I dont think this would hit your driving record? Can anyone confirm?

I know all states are a little bit different, but these seat belt laws are so new I wasnt sure they are classifing them as non-moving or not.

FYI....I do wear my seatbelt alwasy......force of habit!
Old 11-18-2008, 09:50 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

Originally Posted by unknown' post='724182' date='Nov 18 2008, 01:27 PM
+1
kinda of agree.. BUT.. a law is a law.. you broke it and god caught.. you drove right past him too without it on.. your gonna have to pay it.. and i believe isnt driving without a seatbelt a moving violation now? idk. correct me if im wrong, but alot of things have changed lately..hopefully youll get off with just paying the fine.. and thats that..
Old 11-18-2008, 10:06 AM
Senior Members

shouldve had the seat belt on
Old 11-18-2008, 10:21 AM
Contributors

My Ride: '05 545 Titanium Silver, Black Leather - Nav, Logic 7, Cold weather. Mods: Carbon filter removed. M5 iDrive knob. Umnitza license plate LEDs. MP3 40% 3M tint ACS Anti-Roll(sway) bars RPI Scoop G-tech Pro RR CF Roundels CF Wheel caps

Should have had darker tints so he couldn't see your seat belt!

I think cops get a bunch of their cases on the same day so it makes it worth while to come in. Correct me if I'm wrong but they also get time and a half?
Old 11-18-2008, 10:26 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535XIT Space Gray, Cream Beige LeatherCold Weather, Premium, Auto, Rear Side Window Shapes, Heated Rear Seats, Park Distance, Navigation, Satellite Radio
Model Year: 08

Originally Posted by IceyTys' post='724194' date='Nov 18 2008, 01:42 PM
+100 I whole heartedly agree, if a grown person decides not to wear his seatbelt that his choice whether it be dumb or not, a minor thats a different story.

I agree you should fight the ticket, its is your word versus his w/o any other evidence to back him up. Besides to the best of my knowledge its a non moving violation anyway, so I dont think this would hit your driving record? Can anyone confirm?

I know all states are a little bit different, but these seat belt laws are so new I wasnt sure they are classifing them as non-moving or not.

FYI....I do wear my seatbelt alwasy......force of habit!
Sorry no experiences fighting the ticket, if it does not add points just pay it.

I wear my seat belts all the time, however I don't think that the government should force me to wear one.
Old 11-18-2008, 10:45 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanx for the info ladies and gents. as for those who have commented on being guily and i got caught...im aware im guilty and i have accepted the fact that i got caught. i am not complaining nor have i mentioned that the officer was jerk or a a$$hole or whatever youd like to say. i understand the officer is doing his job. i was merely trying to not have to pay $120.

anyway, luckly its not points and it wont be on my license. i will plead not guilty and at least make the officer show up....maybe he wont and ill get off.

Quick Reply: Seatbelt ticket...