E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

seatbelt dinging

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 03:22 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is there any way to have the Dealership program out the seatbelt dinging? It annoys me and my friends. It has to be the most annoying thing about the car. My fathers STS-V has it, but goes away after about five dings.
Old 05-09-2007, 04:27 PM
Senior Members

I Do not need a lecture about wearing my seatbelt. I wear it a 100% of the time. There is certain times when I could do without the ding. For example I just can't stand when I am in the drive-thru and I have wear a seatbelt, annoying. Many other times I wish the chime or ding would just shut up.
Old 05-09-2007, 04:46 PM
Senior Members

This topic has been discussed many times...try a search...you'll find many threads on this.

Having said that...I don't believe there is a way to turn it off. Others have suggested buying a seat belt clip and placing it in the receptacle "fooling" the seat belt warning. If you have incredible patience you can wait, the chime stops after 15 or 20 times! Some have covered more complicated mods where the seat belt was altered....not recommended!

I totally agree with you....I also wear my seatbelt all the time...but sometimes when driving from one side of the parking lot at a mall to the other side...I don't want to put on my seatbelt for a 100 foot drive at 5mph !!!
Old 05-09-2007, 05:29 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 Mercedes CLS63 AMG Designo Graphite with white leather interior Keyless Go, Heated/Ventilated seats, Parktronic

Man, you're FIGHTING A LOSING BATTLE. I completely agree with you and even more so I chose not not wear my seatbelt...which is my choice. You'll be flamed to death on this board trying to disable the seatbelt chime. As I've said before - I would not have bought his car if I knew about the seatbelt chime. It's my choice to wear a seatbelt whether you view that as right or wrong, it should be MY choice. I'm not harming anyone but myself when I chose not to wear a seatbelt. BMW should not dictate whether I fasten a safety belt.

I found a totaled 530 at a junkyard within 20 miles of my house and I bought 2 seatbelt buckles for under $5. Best mod EVER.

**edit - I wouldn't try to modify the seatbelt mechanism itself. A guy I work with had that idea that he could do it and his airbags randomly deployed after he thought he disabled the seatbelt chime. lol

Not worth it.
Old 05-10-2007, 03:52 AM
Members

My Ride: F11 520d Touring Imperial Blue, sports automatic, VDC, black leather sports seats, M Sport steering wheel, HiFi Professional, 18" 328 wheels, Xenon, PCD, electrical tow hitch etc... E87 120dM -10, Titanium silver, xenon, PDC, Hifi, 18" wheels etc. E87 120d M sport- 08, Le Mans blue, xenon, PDC, Hifi, 18" wheels etc. Sold: BMW 525dT Deep sea blue, xenon, PDC, leather, Hifi, USB etc.

Originally Posted by wasupdu' post='422773' date='May 10 2007, 03:29 AM
Man, you're FIGHTING A LOSING BATTLE. I completely agree with you and even more so I chose not not wear my seatbelt...which is my choice. You'll be flamed to death on this board trying to disable the seatbelt chime. As I've said before - I would not have bought his car if I knew about the seatbelt chime. It's my choice to wear a seatbelt whether you view that as right or wrong, it should be MY choice. I'm not harming anyone but myself when I chose not to wear a seatbelt. BMW should not dictate whether I fasten a safety belt.

I found a totaled 530 at a junkyard within 20 miles of my house and I bought 2 seatbelt buckles for under $5. Best mod EVER.

**edit - I wouldn't try to modify the seatbelt mechanism itself. A guy I work with had that idea that he could do it and his airbags randomly deployed after he thought he disabled the seatbelt chime. lol
Not worth it.
In Sweden, where we pay medical bills via taxes, it becomes everybodys problem if you don't wear the seatbelt....
Old 05-10-2007, 05:57 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by gorban' post='422928' date='May 10 2007, 07:52 AM
In Sweden, where we pay medical bills via taxes, it becomes everybodys problem if you don't wear the seatbelt....
Not only in Sweden. Even though medical bills are not directly paid through taxes, the costs in the U.S. are still borne by everyone for all intents and purposes.
Old 05-10-2007, 06:06 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i with Sport Pkg, Nav, HUD, Cold Weather Pkg, Rear Shades

Originally Posted by wasupdu' post='422773' date='May 9 2007, 08:29 PM

Not worth it.

Nobody is going to flame anyone on this board... we just have strong opinions and provide strong advice!

Of course it a personal choice... what isn't?... including speeding. Just be aware of the risk and consequences.
Old 05-10-2007, 07:06 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

Originally Posted by nwilliams' post='422758' date='May 10 2007, 02:46 AM
This topic has been discussed many times...try a search...you'll find many threads on this.

Having said that...I don't believe there is a way to turn it off. Others have suggested buying a seat belt clip and placing it in the receptacle "fooling" the seat belt warning. If you have incredible patience you can wait, the chime stops after 15 or 20 times! Some have covered more complicated mods where the seat belt was altered....not recommended!

I totally agree with you....I also wear my seatbelt all the time...but sometimes when driving from one side of the parking lot at a mall to the other side...I don't want to put on my seatbelt for a 100 foot drive at 5mph !!!
I was in a similar situation recently whilst manouvering my car in my garage and just let it keep chiming - then it stopped to my surprise. I thought it would just keep going forever but after 15-20 chimes it stops. Not a bad compromise in my opinion and for those few occasions when you're not wearing a seat belt, if it gets to unbearable just wind up the Logic7 until it stops chiming!