E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Satellite radio (Sirius)

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 10:24 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 Jet Black/Black 530i Sport Package Premium Package Comfort Package Steptronic Transmission Factory Bi-Xenons Bluetooth Current Mods: Black Kidney Grills Black/White Roundels Glossy Black Bimmian badge Smoke Tinted tails 20% Tint (5 percent on rear window)

Hey guys, when I bought my e60 (non-CPO) Sirius satellite radio was already activated and working. Is there any way I can find out about the current subscription for Sirius on my car? I have no idea when it was the contract started or when it will end. Will I receive a notice via iDrive about a subscription coming due? Will I have to visit the dreaded dealer for continuing my service or can I go directly to Sirius?

Just try to prevent driving w/ a hottie in the passenger side, singing her fav song then ZAP...sh*t stops working?
Old 07-16-2009, 04:31 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 535i: (8/07 Build) Metallic Bronze, Beige NASCA Leather, Ventilated Seats, Sport Pkg, Cold Wxr Pkg, Logic-7 Sound, HUD, Night Vision, PDC, Split Rear Seats, NAV, Premium Pkg, Comfort Access, HD Radio, Sport Auto Trans Current mods: M-Aero Kit, JB4, Motorcepts 6000k HID Foglamps Umnitza ICE-Lite 10w LED 6000k AE's 1992 Camaro RS: Fully Restored w/Custom Interior, 5.0L V8, T-tops, OEM Z28 Foglamps, Inst Cluster, & Spoiler, Custom Sound, Too many engine mods to list

Contact Sirius directly. All you need is the Sirius receiver's ID number. They should be able to tell you what subscription package you currently have and when it will expire. You can also make changes or renew the subscription.

No need to go to the dealer for this.
Old 07-16-2009, 06:46 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 Jet Black/Black 530i Sport Package Premium Package Comfort Package Steptronic Transmission Factory Bi-Xenons Bluetooth Current Mods: Black Kidney Grills Black/White Roundels Glossy Black Bimmian badge Smoke Tinted tails 20% Tint (5 percent on rear window)

Originally Posted by pukka' post='943809' date='Jul 16 2009, 05:31 AM
Contact Sirius directly. All you need is the Sirius receiver's ID number. They should be able to tell you what subscription package you currently have and when it will expire. You can also make changes or renew the subscription.

Pukka, Thanks a lot! I will look into this week.
Old 07-16-2009, 07:10 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW 530xi - Titanium Silver Metallic / Gray Dakota Leather / Dark Poplar Wood Trim / Cold Weather Package / Premium Package / Premium Sound Package / Lumbar Support / Xenon Adaptive Light Control / 6 speed auto - Steptronic Trans. /Sirius Satellite Radio / Voice Activation / Navigation / Moonroof

Originally Posted by pukka' post='943809' date='Jul 16 2009, 08:31 AM

+1. Surprised that the subscription is still active after you purchased the E60 (you said non-CPO . . . presuming it was used from a private seller?)
Old 07-16-2009, 07:16 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 SMG 545i silver grey metallic / bamboo anthracite / black leather CPO sport package premium sound park distance control cold weather package

where can we find the receiver number??
I'm in the same boat. Bought mine cpo, its still going strong but I dont want it to die on my randomly...
Old 07-16-2009, 07:51 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 535i: (8/07 Build) Metallic Bronze, Beige NASCA Leather, Ventilated Seats, Sport Pkg, Cold Wxr Pkg, Logic-7 Sound, HUD, Night Vision, PDC, Split Rear Seats, NAV, Premium Pkg, Comfort Access, HD Radio, Sport Auto Trans Current mods: M-Aero Kit, JB4, Motorcepts 6000k HID Foglamps Umnitza ICE-Lite 10w LED 6000k AE's 1992 Camaro RS: Fully Restored w/Custom Interior, 5.0L V8, T-tops, OEM Z28 Foglamps, Inst Cluster, & Spoiler, Custom Sound, Too many engine mods to list

Originally Posted by eurotunerM3' post='943931' date='Jul 16 2009, 11:16 AM
where can we find the receiver number??
I think you should be able to find it somewhere on your iDrive settings.

I was real easy for me to find on my wife's MB COMAND system so it shouldn't be difficult at all on a BMW
Old 07-16-2009, 08:23 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 650 Grand Coupe
Model Year: 2016

Try channel 1. If my memory is still working, and that is questionable, I think that will display your ID number.
Old 07-16-2009, 09:56 AM
Members

Helpful tip, if it ain't broke don't try to fix it.

I just hooked up an old module that I had where I cancelled the subscription 3 months ago and it worked without activation! A friend of mine had the same thing happen without using his radio for a year. Sirius isn't charging any fees but the signal is still active. They must not be maintaing their database very well which may have something to do woth their financial shortcomings. If I were you I would wait for it to fail, otherwise they're going to realize they're not charging you.
Old 07-16-2009, 10:01 AM
Members

Originally Posted by rictor' post='944059' date='Jul 16 2009, 10:56 AM
Helpful tip, if it ain't broke don't try to fix it.

I just hooked up an old module that I had where I cancelled the subscription 3 months ago and it worked without activation! A friend of mine had the same thing happen without using his radio for a year. Sirius isn't charging any fees but the signal is still active. They must not be maintaing their database very well which may have something to do woth their financial shortcomings. If I were you I would wait for it to fail, otherwise they're going to realize they're not charging you.
Aaaaah, yes...the old corporate case of tracking revenue. Rictor I definitely hear where you are coming from. Don't worry, I'm not gonna go snooping too far before required. Besides, the only reason I use Sirius now is because its free...if it were a choice between the iPod integration ($400 one time) or Sirius ($?? annually); I would pick iPod 100%. Thanks dude.
Old 07-16-2009, 10:06 AM
Contributors

Thumbs down

If you call Sirius they may tell you about the active subscription BUT if it's still active under another subscriber they may cancel or notify the previous owner who can cancel ... BTW, if you wait until the current subscription expires, or the original owner cancels it, you can negotiate deals and prices with Sirius and the activation is instant.

So, I'd leave it alone until it expires - then call Sirius and they will walk you thru the reactivation process by phone. All you need is a credit card.

Quick Reply: Satellite radio (Sirius)